Reviews for Blast and Present
Guest chapter 1 . 11/13/2013
i love this so much, you have no idea
and all your other fanfictions with the dreams and stuff i love them so much
i will never get tired or people finding out how /fantastic/ percy is
Guest chapter 1 . 5/16/2013
That... is bloody awesome.
Beckett Simpleton chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
I find WWII really interesting and the bombings especially (I'm from up North. The Nazis went to bomb my town as it was a major import and export point... But they missed and hit Hexam epic fail) I really think you did the topic justice. I have written a couple of fics for FMA set in WWII, but I do live to read Hetalia stuff. Yours was the most honest and true one I've read. Thanks for writing!

BS
Luminwolf chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
THIS.

IT'S AWESOME.
xmystorytime chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
You would not believe how much I love this story. I'm a sucker for Blitz scenes, but most of the ones I've come across have been... lacking, at least for me. Yet, you approached it differently - looking back, rather than what it might have been like at the time - and, in doing so, made this my all-time favourite Blitz story.

Seriously, I didn't even know that was what I wanted but - but you - and it - LOVE?

It has almost everything I love, and it didn't drag on but it wasn't too short either. The characterisation of England and America was perfect, and I love your writing style. Seriously, this was so well-written it was like a breath of fresh air.

Plus HI FELLOW BRIT :3 I'm not biased in the slightest.

Thanks so much for writing!
AllHeroesWearHats chapter 1 . 11/10/2010
How have you not got more reviews for this? It's bloody brilliant, well written and so wonderfuly detailed, I could see the whole thing happening whilst I was reading.

I read that story about the Blitz in the Sun as well and I'm truely glad that you decided to do a fan fic on it -

Thanks once again,

AHWH
Apple Doodle chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
I love it! I have nothing else to say other thatn 'i love it'!
MeadowLark4491 chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
Wow. Just...wow. That was very well written. I...I am impressed. I did have one comment: you use the term "verdant eyes" a lot. I would recomend trying to find another descriptor (e.g. emerald orbs, green depths, etc. etc.). Other than that...wow. Well done.
Ophelion chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
That was a really nice take on the event as well as the concept of the nations! It really must be pretty sad to have all these things in your past and nothing to show for it, like they'd never happened. But you managed to turn that around at the end and made it all nice and bittersweet. :')

Yeah... Alfred is so sweet here to his former coloniser. You've got their characters down pat, too.

Thanks for the read!
The Nameless Stranger chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
Beautiful-just...gorgeous.

I have nothing else to say.

Of course, if Arthur felt like this for the events of the war, what would Ivan, (for exemple) feel? I mean, England wasn't too hurt on the war compared to other countries. Sorry the news have upsetted you :(

Anyway, i'm certainly adding this to my favourites,it is a great fic! And the dialogue with Al and Francis was just awesome.

The Stranger
suzako chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
loved it :)
MelodyOfStarshine chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
I looove this story XD Poor Arthur though, he really had to suffer, but obviously he forgot that Alfred had a similar experience (11.9.)...
MAKEMESOMETEA chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
Finally an English writer.

I do love the Americans (aren't they cute at times) but seriously, their interpretations of Arthur... *shudder*

I do think The Sun is the shittest paper on Earth (apart from the Daily Mail, I mean Daily Rag)

But even then those images were pretty horrifying. I actually wished they'd wait until all people who lived through that had passed away, plus any images would be quite overblown.

But really liked it! I can just imagine Iggy sitting there wearing a Judas Priest tee. I love emotional stories and you seriously did manage to capture that. WELL DONE.
purple kimono chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
This is one of those rare, little pearls that manage to stir something inside.

The descriptions made it almost real, like I was watching from a window. I could imagine Arthur sitting with his worn tee and pajamas in his kitchen so clearly and all those tiny details enhanced the feel of things.

"Arthur was stubborn as a mule; stubborn enough not to die, stubborn enough to live and get old and cranky, stubborn enough just to spite his enemies by living." When someone describes a Hetalia character as stubborn, I usually think of Alfred, and I guess I forget just how strong Arthur is to have survived everything he had. Now that I think about it, Arthur would keep living just to spite his enemies, with all the force of his pirate/punk rebelliousness.

This lovely piece of work is so wonderfully poignant that you made me love Arthur all the more and remember that America is not always just about burgers. Thank you for putting this up!
anon chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
i really enjoyed that. y'know... in a sad kinda way.

silly thing first: i love whatever France was going to do. i don't know what it was, but i love it by default. France is awesome.

i think you wrote a pretty realistic reaction to "70 years ago, this city was reduced to rubble and here's the photograph to prove it" and poor Iggy's misery at having lived through it firsthand and having to remember. to see a picture of your town destroyed has to be horrifying, even moreso when it's a vivid memory of you yourself taking the damage and all the sickening emotions you must have felt.

and America coming to comfort him. d'awww... rabid USUK fangirlness aside, America's gotta be the only person who can really get to England and cheer him up at times like this (or at least get him through). and it kinda makes me happy whenever America decides to read the atmosphere and be sensitive for once.

i'm in about the same kind of mood. i'm American and the History Channel keeps playing new and terrifying footage of the WTC attacks. it's really eye-opening to rewitness an event you passively watched over a news feed when you were ten, ignorant to the scope and casualty of what's happened beyond getting to go home from school early and watch your dad (an American Airlines pilot) tied up with all sorts of telephone calls. to be older and understand it, to hear survivors' accounts, to see pictures of buildings falling down and people who didn't survive that day... it's kind of upsetting.

...sorry for my OWN emo-rant...

anyway, good job! (on a side note, this is the only non-BL i have read today, so you must be doing something right)