Reviews for 1 litre of tears
YukiNoSamurai chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
"He serenaded her that night." I loved that line! I also liked that Asou tucked her in and kissed her forehead on the night she died. The drama left a bit of a loop because they were 20 and Asou was with Aya reading her diaries aloud. Then 5 years later she dies, and Asou is not shown anywhere between and after. So you have to wonder if he was there with her in that 5 year gap. If you look at everything closely it seems like there's no doubt that he tried his best to be there when he could even if it wasn't ever night because he became a doctor in that time. Since they don't explain some might think they drifted away. The special, although mostly him reminiscing shows he still loved her and missed her dearly. I agree with your ending comment.

Was romantic tragedy, but Asou had the purest most dedicated love. . . He stayed by her side, loved her and comforted her despite knowing "she couldn't give him anything in return". And that wasn't affected by Aya's disease, him being pushed away, or even time and being apart for a year. I know it's common to think someone may make a fic with Aya's death, but I would really like. . . a happy ending fic. Like even if someone incorporates Aya's death to go in depth with Asou and Aya's romance with some plot before that happens.
taz chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
that was beautiful! such a heart breaking story, I loved the drama
forevermee chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
My friend recently told me to watch this drama and when I did, I cried so much in two days. Even though it was filmed a few years ago, your story truly captures Asou's emotions and I wish they showed more of it. Well done! You made me almost cry three days straight *laughs but continue with writing because this was so inspirational to me...
AnimaniacXOX chapter 1 . 5/10/2011
I cried at this. It gave me new strength to live through my disease when I watched the drama. It gave me hope, that's all I have to say.
cynthiarox66 chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
This fic was beautiful! I loved it, such a sad TV show :'(
Priyanka D chapter 1 . 3/16/2011
Loved the story, literally! I had watched '1 Litre of Tears' long time back and I remember how much I cried while watching it, especially in the last episode T_T Now I read your fanfic and the scenes kept appearing before me like flashbacks. At the end of the story, I couldn't help feeling sorry for Asou. Keep on writing.
RamenOnAStick chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
great story!

you really got into the character of Haruto well, as well as the general atmosphere of the story :D
Phoenix Soar chapter 1 . 12/10/2010
Nicely written. It was very touching. Good job on describing Haruto's feelings :D

I agree with your comment. The fact that the drama didn't have any direct romance was what made that romance the best of all! xD It was realistic and so much better than plenty of others.

Thanks for writing this ficlet. It was lovely xD
nnnn chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
TT TT TT SOOOOOOOOOOO SAAAAAAAD I AM WATCHING IT BUT I WATCHED ITA COUPLE YEARS AGO AND STILL IT MANAGES TO MAKE ME CRY TT TT TT TT TT
tentsubasa chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
It was so sad! I cried so much when I saw that drama!

I like this; it was nice how you referred back to sections of the original plot. I think I remembered all of them. (_)
mindset chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
I just re-watched the whole series again including the special 3 hours episode with Asou. It was both heart warming and heart wrenching.

I love your simple portrayal of their unofficial relationship.