Reviews for The Once and Future Thing
chelo chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
Love your story, all of them, the characters are so well described along side with the way they interact among them; I enjoyed them a lot. (sorry, my spell is horrific). Thank you for the storys.
Starlover1990 chapter 1 . 11/13/2010
Didn't read this fic before, but it's very cute! I like it and can picture it :) Awww!
Majikthize chapter 1 . 10/10/2010
Aaaah, can I say how wonderful it is to see a fic that's realistic about how Sam and Jack might become parents? Much as I love the idea of them having their own genetic offspring, I'm realistic enough not to think it'd happen that way. This was lovely; and the fact they were all different yet so Sam and so Jack is lovely too. Thanks for writing this. (funny where inspiration can come from isn't it!)
TiaKisu chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
Awwww, this is just sweet. :) I was astounded at first, when I read Jack's age... I think that never before have I read a story that was settled this far in the future, but I liked it. It held this special charm that only "polrobin" fics have. ;) And Finn was there! I have to admit I at first I didn't recongize him, but then it dawned on me. Very cool. And love the idea of naming the girl "Janet" - that sounds very much like Sam. :) Also agree with you on Grace: I, too, did never feel like she was their future child. Instead I find the explanation with her having been Sam's inner child to be more logical. But that's just my opinion. ;)

Once again well done! :D
Nynaeve506 chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
Sweet story. And I feel the same way about Grace and Jacob. :)
BettyHall223 chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
Really enjoyed this. Well done.
utahyoda chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
I love the names you chose for the kids.

this was a great story after the game this weekend. I was actually in the stands for that game, so I couldn't see their ranks, but I noticed several officers that obviously outranked those around them. I can imagine a proud couple of parents pulling rank to watch from the sidelines.

I enjoyed the story, and I'm looking forward to the next campfire.
FunFlirtyFlute chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
I generally don't go for the whole Sam, Jack and family fics, I find that most of the time they're out of character, too mushy, and that I just don't like them. Can't say the same of this one though. I thought it was pretty perfect. The right amount of love and affection without the gushy sappy remarks that normally come with this territory. The football thing was very sweet and I thought it totally worked. Good job and I can't wait for your campfire. -XOXO Casey
Kathryn Shadow chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
-squeak-

-flail-

-squeak-
avatar wanderer chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
There is no writer I enjoy more than you. Keep up the great work (and the campfire stories!). Also love how you're terrific at tying in "real life" like the Olympics and college ball into the back stories. And thank the holy jeebus for not using Grace! Think Carter is perfect!
Lutherian chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
I loved it. Well written and well done.
Shamrock56 chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
Great story! How did I miss the other one? I love your style and the oh so real voice of Jack and Sam that you write. As a former English Composition teacher, I salute your talent and look forward to reading your stories for years to come. Beth
Kat Spencer chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
Loved this, Pol! It's so great. Thanks so much for sharing it! And I loved how all three of their kids were adopted. So lovely. Really. I like the thought of them adopting. Such a selfless thing to do! A great read, for sure! Thanks again! ~Brooke
steadfast chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
Wonderful, thanks. Looking forward to the next Campfire.
gater62 chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
*super shippy sigh* You really ought to give a fluff warning with that one! An absolutely perfect read!