Reviews for Hitchups
Angelix18 chapter 37 . 2/22
I’ve been really confused with the dragons they’re getting because in the movies and series they have completely different ones
RandomShtScinceWhenever chapter 36 . 2/20
That scene with Gudrid and Hiccup made me tear up and go, "Aw~" Hope they don't mind.
RandomShtScinceWhenever chapter 20 . 2/20
I actually looked the Adlets up and they are apparently giant human-dog hybrids from Inuit mythology. And isn't that just /wonderful/ to imagine?
LittleOldWriter12 chapter 40 . 2/11
I looove this story! Well done, it was very well written! 3
Shinnyaro chapter 36 . 2/7
After taking a break yesternight and continuing it first thing in the morning, i am now a sobbing mess. God, what have you done to me;;
Shinnyaro chapter 35 . 2/7
After reading the first confrontation Hiccup and Astrid had in this chapter, i needed to take a break. Their repetitive argument combined with unreasonable stubbornness made reading uncomfortably tedious. This is so realistic that it's frustrating. Aarrgh! i just want to strangle Astrid and be done with it! . . .sighh. i just want to say you're a great writer if you could elicit this much emotion from your readers with just a fabricated story. i can blame you for my current bad mood but really, it's my fault for being attracted to your fictitious world. Might as well thank you for sharing it.
For the longest time I avoided reading this. Now, I have read it in three days. I honestly don’t know WHY exactly, I avoided it, but I regret that action now- this story has everything I love about How to Train Your Dragon, and many of the tropes I love to see in its fanfiction pulled off and meshed together beautifully. Thank you for sharing your talent.
Justacittykat chapter 40 . 1/28
R u gonna do a sequel please do one I need more of this amazing stuff to read
If you do make another one Toothless’ drove should become family with Huccup and Huccup should stay with the drove
Son of Artemis chapter 26 . 1/23
When they were talking about Huccups mother, you put babe instead of baby (or is it ment to be like that?)
Andromedastrain chapter 30 . 1/19
I love this story! Some of the time I'm not sure if I like certain parts but then when I read your "inner monologing" I fall in love with the excellent writing quality of this fic. The way that you paint how a character is feeling is absolutely breathtaking and this story would be seriously lacking without it. Fantastic job!
I read through most of this master of a fan-fiction, but after accidentally reading some of the Reviews, I think I'm stopping here so not to ruin it the mood I got from it.

I do like the amount of work and the mood this story builds, but by like many good atmospheric and lore based movies I know-the characters and plot aren't especially engaging. The story's journey feels a lot like a Huck Finn novel, except it's missing the crucial thing Huck had.

Lessons and morals and character traits built at each area. I saw some of that in the beginning, but it sort of felt hollow. And like Huck Finn, your story comes to a close without a satisfying end.

Second, the focus on the women and the marriages was entirely unnecessary and d idnt contribute to the plot. While connecting back to the theme of growing up and expectations, they were mostly dropped and hardly examined enough within a fiction this large to really have an effect.

The other dropped focus is Gobber and Stoick's characterization had merit to expand and go deeper, but were left early on.

Again, maybe I'm not appealed to as woman, but I'm finding it very hard to like Hiccup. I do understand, "Viking Times" but his relationship with female characters feels forced or just plain awkward. Like another Anglo-Saxan period story, Beowulf, women feel like side characters. Less important. Almost object life in the scheme of things.

And finally. Toothless. He was given a voice, but lacked in character development. Yes, he had witty conversations, but I don't feel he grew. He changed. When he made those serious decisions I didn't feel his point.

There were just a lot of elements that d idnt set well with me, so I'll stop here. I went ahead and read Chapter 40, but again, it's not nearly as good and end as I wanted.
I can't keep going it was good it was great but I'm just bored now.
This story is grinding to a painful halt. All this talk talk nothing really happing
Long boring irritating
Nailed it. I could have skipped this chapter and been fine
I'd buy that for a dollar
4,665 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »