Reviews for By the Secret Water's Edge
StormWingAlchemist chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
Wow... Your fic was powerful in a way I can't quite describe. It made me consider Ahiru's thought and even a possible AhiruxAutor pairing. In short, it was deep and wonderful
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
Really great. Could be called lovely
NortheasternWind chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
...No, I am totally not reminded of that song called Secret From the Blue Sky I was just listening to. Not.

Aw, this was cute... It's kinda funny how all of Ahiru's dialogue consists of "Quack" and she still manages to get her point across. And I love Autor's awkwardness over having to start the conversation himself, especially when "quack" is all he'll get for an answer.

That would be true... It WOULD be harder to live as a duck knowing what being human was like. I think that works out perfectly- she thinks/knows? she ought to be a duck, but she can't help wanting to be human. And, like Autor says, if that'll make everyone happy and it isn't hurting anyone, then screw fate. LOL.

Aw... Autor is so thoughtful. A nice, relatively laid-back oneshot for once. LOL.
Valen96 chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
OMG! I love it i love i love it! it's the first time i ever read a pt fanfiction and i'm not dissapointed :) i think i will become an autor/ahiru fan now :3 (besides Fakiru lol)

Bye bye and keep writing
AlleluiaElizabeth chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
Man, I love your Autor. I just do. lol Great fic. :D
Use A Kat chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
When I watched the canon anime and saw the ending, my thought had been that there were still so many holes in the story that were never filled in...

One of the major moments of the series had been when Ahiru and Fakir accepted that it would be for the best if they return to their "true selves" to end the story, defy their fates as "Princess Tutu" and the "Knight", and get on with life...but no one ever said how long things had to stay that way...and Ahiru could still "defy her fate" when it comes to being a duck, right? And now she is starting to wonder about that herself...

Autor when first introduced came across as an arrogant prick and seems to be a bit of a loner who doesn't have many friends (he kinda-sorta knew that student help bat library worker but...) however he's also perfectly capable of feeling emotion...so if they could have had just a little more time together, I think Ahiru would have gotten him to lighten up eventually (like with Fakir and Rue)...Even with allergies Autor still is willing to go see Ahiru every once in a while...Ahiru must have made a bigger impression on him than he'd ever admit to her face...(and he actually remembers who she was/is so now he's closer to Ahiru than her old friends Pike and Lilie)

Even with the "old" feel of the town, modern things still find a way in such as, obviously, Ahiru's casual wear or something more subtle, like Autor's wristwatch (wristwatches didn't come into use until after WWI(that then became more popular than pocket watches)) most people don't seem to pick up on that and would avoid mentioning modern devices like flashlights...your attention to details is amazing...

I really liked reading your story to see what happened after the tale's end...truly awesome...it feels like a real continuation of the story and has the ability to lead to new adventures for Ahiru and her friends (yes including Autor) _
Moon Shadow Magic chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
I like this. It voices well the overriding question of so much PTT fanfic (having been so much more, is it possible for Duck to be content with facing the rest of her life with so little vocal articulation and only forty tastebuds?) (nb: duck trivia courtesy of Tractor Supply Inc's bookshelf.) As usual, you write Autor well: ready to interfere on Duck's behalf, but not until he has gathered the data for himself; it satisfies both canon and head- canon, and starts to give him the depth that you develop in stories set later.

I can't help but compare it to that maybe- canon mini- play that's somewhere on LJ, probably because that also begins with Autor and Duck in about the same setting. It could be building up for that, too, very easily. Well done!
Thyme In Her Eyes chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
Absolutely lovely. I think of all your stories that I've read and reviewed so far, this is the most touching. I found it so moving, and in such a quiet and understated way too. There was something so peaceful and poignant about this particular story, which I really loved. You set the mood of this story perfectly - I could practically see the lake in the darkness and moonlight! - and it compliments the unconventional heart-to-heart between Duck and Autor wonderfully. Even the title helps sets the scene, as well as being an enjoyable reference to "Morning Grace". _

I really like stories that explore Duck's life while still a duck - most 'fics are in a hurry to turn her back into a girl, but it's great to see a slice of life before that transformation takes place, while she's still dealing with being a bird again. And your characterization of her was fantastic throughout - you captured her longing to be human again very well, and in such a heartfelt way. Her sadness came through so well, and I especially loved the part describing her dreams of turning back dancing again. Beautiful and simple, and so sad. T_T

And of course, you did a great job with Autor yet again! You struck just the right note between his formality, his way of staing the plain facts, his refusal to backtrack or apologize, and his difficulty in having a one-sided conversation about a sensitive subject, and his clear affection for Duck. He came through as full of personality and yet intriguingly softer than usual, and the friendship between them was palpable - and again, beautifully understated. I also think it's a fantastic idea to make him the catalyst for Duck's transformation back into a girl - it fits him so well, to be the one who can see and acknowledge that neither Duck or Fakir are happy with her current state, and for him to be the one to try and push them into taking action. Again, his understanding and care for both Fakir and Duck comes through so well - and his mild mocking of Fakir fits with that wonderfully too. XD

Duck's final thoughts about how Autor has stayed with even even though he never promised her anything was so touching and insightful, and completes this fic perfectly. This was a great exploration of Duck and Autor's post-series friendship, and a lovely possibility for Duck's first step towards regaining her humanity. _
Nanenna chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
Awww... what a sweet little prequel! The beginnings of their strong friendship, it's good to see a human side to Autor.