Reviews for Acceptance
Sachiel Angelo chapter 1 . 8/25/2013
It would have been nice if Dexter never killed his brother.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
Good fic :)
Sen2TOS9 chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
This was awesome.
assassinerblue chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
That's gorgeous! I love the end, and how Brian said he used to get lonely too, past tense. Great story :). This is so how season 2 should have gone.
October chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
I just finished watching the first season of Dexter and this is how I wish it could of felt. I didn't want Deb to die at all but I felt like he could have saved Deb and still had a relationship with Brian secretly. Dexter is already hiding so much why not one more? I cried when he killed his brother. You are good at voicing Dexter's inner thoughts. Short but good.
HappeDaez chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
It's so true. :)
the Leander chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
This is wonderful, very thought-provoking and... touching yet creepy. It's a shame it's marked as complete; I'd really enjoy reading more to this, heh. No Deb, but Dexter and his brother is a fascinating concept... and terrifying, with both of their abilities as killers and lack of morals. I wonder if Dexter would ever teach Brian the Code...
CarnivorousOak chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
This is beautifully written and spine-chillingly creepy.
starlightcity chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
With this story, I think you've put your finger exactly on why the relationship between the two brothers is so fascinating. Most of us rarely think about chopping people into neat pieces, but most of us do know what it's like to wish for someone who accepts us unconditionally. The interesting thing is that in the show, Brian does accept Dexter's dark side but doesn't want to accept Dexter's good side. He refuses to accept that Dexter genuinely cares about Debra and insists that Dexter give up the code. He refuses to accept that Dexter is just different from him in some ways. It makes me wonder what would have happened if Brian had said, "Okay, Dex, I get that you're not comfortable killing family members, even fake ones. I accept that about you! So, we'll only kill people that fit your code. For now." What would have been Dexter's reaction to that?

The part about kittens made me laugh. The part where Dexter confessed his loneliness was touching. In our go get 'em society, a confession of loneliness really is taboo. Not as bad as kitten murder, but still bad. Having Dexter confess his loneliness last underscored that.

This is a thought-provoking story. I enjoyed reading it.