Reviews for One Night
LaueHime chapter 1 . 12/16/2014
Wow you beautifully captured a very emotional yet touching moment between House and Wilson. That was an amazing insight to the pre-show era and you've done it marvelously. Congrats!
BabalooBlue chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
Oh, great writing! Made my heart ache for House. And for Wilson, too.
OldSFfan chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
Especially poignant knowing how the series ended.
resourceress7 chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
That was beautiful - unexpected honest emotion from House, and the moment at the end with Wilson.

Thanks for the medical realism, too. We don't hear about it on the show, but his recovery in ICU and for months after must have been intense.
blackmare chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
Wow. It's been so long since I've read a good post-infarction story. You said "high sap factor" and that almost stopped me from reading, but you know, I have an allergy to sap and I didn't have a problem with this at all. House is so sick and so stoned here, and he's still his brutally honest self; it works.

It also reads like you've really done your homework on the medical aspects. If you've faked it, you've faked it well enough that my layperson self can't tell.
Dara-si chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
Im witout word now..
Scarlett Burns chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
This was absolutely lovely, touching, and bittersweet. Thanks so much for this...

I do hope you'll wander into the infarction era again sometime soon. You do a beautiful job with it!

~Scarlett
Scullingby chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
Wow, that was good. You created the atmosphere and did a great job writing the characters. I loved the description of the sunlight and the trees. I used to do that when I was younger and have never heard anyone else describe doing it.
ViolettBlack chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
Hello Snownut

Thanks for posting and writing this awesome fanfiction. As it is always with your stories, it was a pleasure to read it. I like fanfictions, which are taking place in the infarction era. Sadly, they are very rare.

It was a touching moment as Wilson holds House in his arms during a severe pain attack.

I would like to read a follow up story with your version of Houses further recovery. Learning to walk again, for example.

By the way, I must have missed some of your previously posted chapters to some of your other stories. I am sorry for that because they are all great stories.

Yours ViolettBlack

P.S.: I now have the msn messenger. I will add you, if you give me your messenger ID.

Or, it would be easier if you still had the yahoo messenger, because I use it way more often, than msn.
Kathrina CH chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
Such a beautiful story! I loved it, so serene in the middle of the drama. Yes, I always wondered how it would feel dying. Meanwhile, I find the idea very comforting, not scary at all. That's what life does with you, in the long run. If you are lucky. I loved the mental image with the tree, trying to remember everything as it is.
Spot and Punk chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
Wow, great fic. There is a real lack of decent infarction-era fic so it is a real treat to find this one. This is tight writing, and great characterisation - I loved Nikki. Your descirption of a doped up House was just spot on. Well done and thanks!
bmax chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
What can I say besides "I love this!"

There are not enough infarction era fics out there and what I like about this one is you haven't rushed through the post op.

We get to see House still dealing with the other medical issues that had arose from the initial surgery.

Love that Wilson was there for him. Also enjoyed the detail! Hope to see more.
Feralious chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
Very nicely written, you really take your reader to the universe you're describing.
Flatpickluvr chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
Wow, I really like this! You got the medicine right, too. I'm a nurse and I appreciate when the medical details are correct. I like that you focused on what happened during the infarction. I disagree that it defines his character, because that implies that that's all there is to his character and there is so much more. But it is a part of his character, one that I think they've not given adequate treatment on the show. Great job!
Monika chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
Hi Snownut,

a very interesting story. Yeah, certainly there has been a kinder and gentler House before the infarction, but there IS still some compassionate and even romantic soul behind the jerk, he pretends to be. And as you said, H.L. is brilliant to show us that well-hidden personality. And the relatonship between House and Wilson is unique.

Best regards