Reviews for Keystone
Miranda le Ginger chapter 1 . 6/23/2013
Wow...this story both intrigued and broke me at the same time. This part in the game was always the most tragic to me, and Hespith's entire monologue was one of the saddest and creepiest bits in the game. I have not come across a story with this pairing, and now I do not want to. This story is spectacular, and deserves far more attention than it has gotten. I wish you well on other writing endeavors; know that you did amazing on this one.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/11/2011
Nicely written.
mutive chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
Ah, this only won runner up? I love this. It's an awesome picture of a twisted relationship between two fascinating characters. I love how Hespith realizes, with growing horror, what Branka is becoming. Beautiful writing, and fascinating topic!
Jade Sabre chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
This was, simply put, amazing. The brief passages were each the perfect length, your language is *gorgeous*, the way you skillfully weave the themes of forging and stone and fire, the way you build the horror in the last sections-this is an awesome, awesome fic. Thank you for sharing it with us.
What Ithacas Mean chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
Oh. Wow.

That is so very bloody creepy. And brilliant.
phdfan chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
I loved this story, right from the first line. This is a wonderful perspective on Branka, Hespith and Oghren. I like how Hespith came to understand Oghren in the deep roads, when she saw more of Branka and the depths to which she would go.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your fic!
Zute chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
Great story! Such a dark theme.
Aziethe chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
I /love/ this.

Sorry, not terribly useful, I know. I loved Hespith/Branka, but even the little details like the horror of actually taking her whole house down - not just the warriors, but artisans and so on like poor Laryn, hiding herself from combat. I've always thought that Branka's single bloody-mindedness played a large part in making her so charismatic, and that was touched upon nicely here. (And 'the restless movement of the child-flesh within me' could not have been better worded, that was amazing). Looking forward to seeing the art from the competition also.
Shakespira chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
This was just captivating from start to finish.

This line...There were four of us: Me. My lover the Paragon. Her husband the warrior. And her obsession.

Poignant and pointed and true.

Beautifully written.
mille libri chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
That was chilling and entrancing and sweet and a little bit gross all at the same time. I really enjoyed it!
KarasuKimi chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
Oh gourgeous:) Hespith is such a little desperate fiend! I feel the dwarves get little attention in FFnet while its pretty obvious bioware had a liking for them or maybe not considering they got the short end of the stick in just about everything. -sigh- How long did it take to get through the deep roads, you say? Forever and then some, so between Ruck and Hespith creepin' about and the broodmother, I guess everyone got a little sick of the dwarves and their caves. Oh then when you're finally done you still have Caridan and his rocky fellows giving you yet ANOTHER moral dillemma... Ugh! So yes, I'm sick of dwarves and avoiding Orzammar like the plague on my third play-through. But hey you're amazing writing sparks my interest and actually makes me relate to Hespith...of all little-people!

Anyways, loving the smell of spiders and burnt silk:) Especially when you could have gone for the obvious and plain route of fetid meat and hot-dust. Oh and Dream-friend is such a nice personal touch, I imagine my little PC traipsing on through the stone and getting all creeped out...Also glad at the tasteful hints of something so horrifying and absolutely perverse, that Bioware just lets you fill in the blanks.

And I still can't bring myself to hate Oghren. Well that's all for me and I'm gonna' shutup. ~KK

btw I'm absolutely obsessed with your writings! More pleeease?
Snafu1000 chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
If this was runner up, the winner must have been a doozy.

Excellent work. I can almost hear Hespith's rhyme in the background while I'm reading it.