Reviews for signal to noise
carrajay chapter 39 . 4/6
I've been reading Signal to Noise for a while but never really worked up the nerve to leave a review. Basically - it's gorgeous, in a way I am finding impossible to describe. The characterisation is absolutely perfect and I love how complex the plot is. I know you've been writing this for a while so I just want to say: please please don't stop. Keep writing. If I don't find out how it all ends it'll haunt me forever.

Also, thank you. This is by far my favourite Twewy fic.
Dallas chapter 39 . 4/6
No. Nonononono PLEASE no. You can't leave me here crying over Eri and poor Neku and oh GOD, Kariya. I can't put words together coherently because of THAT LAST LINE. I'd say you've outdone yourself, but I kind of feel that for every chapter, every time you update. Scared out of my mind for the next update but on the edge of one hell of a cliff and WHY MUST YOU WRITE SO WELL? Ugh. You're amazing, your writing is amazeballs, and somebody give Neku a hug before he does something incredibly dangerous but well-meaning because I will literally never recover if he becomes what not-Vancouver is saying he will.
Wow... head cannon validation. That never happens. Please keep writing! I'll be right here waiting! *breaks off into song*
omg. thank u plz update soon! i can't wait!
Baniita chapter 39 . 4/1
[Kariya's sigh is pure minimum wage, a sigh that spends its time not saying what it thinks while mopping up other people's mistakes.] AMAZING. I freaking love your metaphors. ugh.

[Except Neku's never really been very good at letting the Composer write his own endings.] my heart

x[Stop. Damn it. Jut stop.] Typo.

[wow, hello orchestral remix Kariya.] I WANNA HEAR THAT

[(Higher plane) "Eternity's most boring airport terminal."] Something tells me I'm not gonna be able to get there via Mapcrunch. I love this version of the twewyverse you write. u wu

Hurraaahh! My hometown's Composer is back

["He's going to take her place."] N-NO NO nONONon ONOnoNO NON on oNONONOONOON NO NO NO NOPE NOEPNEOEP NOPE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN

YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME

(cries into the sun at the cliffhanger)
stormy64 chapter 39 . 4/1
OKAY, SO I'M GOING TO TYPE UP A PARAGRAPH OR TEN ABOUT MY FEELINGS RIGHT NOW! BECAUSE I CAN BARELY CONTAIN THEM!
Okay, so. Every time this story updates, I normally go back a few chapters and reread everything because I always need to help myself what's going on. Because of this, all these feelings just come back every time. And sometimes I just love this story and the writing so much that I just take a few days to reread the ENTIRE series. And wow. Every time... just... oh my goodness... you're writing is extremely brilliant. I actually have to THINK while reading, and that's WONDERFUL. It's so complex. And it just keeps building and building AND BUILDING, and wow. Your portrayal of Shibuya/Eri is so cool. It was extremely unique and thoughtful and... wow. That was great!
AND ALL OF THESE CURVEBALLS YOU KEEP THROWING IN! JUST ONE AFTER ANOTHER! MY HEART JUST CAN'T TAKE IT! Ah, yes, ramcrotch is suddenly human! What should we do! Oh wait, put that on hold, Saika just did some crazy stuff and erased people and and... oh wait, better put that on hold too because Joshua isn't a composer at the moment and all this... stuff. Oh cool, let's just add Angel's to this mix. And then BAM IN COMES NEKU TO STIR THINGS UP! WITH LOT'S OF ANGST AND CONFUSION! But wait! Was that not enough! Alright, let's have Shibuya/Eri just stroll into the coffee shop and throw everything even more out of control!
AND THEN YOU END THIS CHAPTER LIKE THIS! WITH ALL OF THIS STUFF GOING ON AT ONCE, AND THEN THAT LAST SENTENCE? WHAT? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! YOU'RE KILLING ME! EVERYTHING IS SO INTENSE! MY HEART KEEPS GETTING STABBED!
But seriously, your story keeps throwing me into an extremely emotional loop EVERY time I read it. Wow. It's really good. Holy cow. I don't think I can sleep. Like, seriously, my brain is exhausted, and my heart is exhausted, and your portrayal of Neku and his thoughts are EXCELLENT, and your portrayal of EVERYONE'S thoughts and feelings is excellent, and and and... oh my gosh. I'm just going to go sob for awhile now. I'll be eagerly awaiting the day the next time you update so I can reread everything all over again and cry myself to sleep.
Seriously, thank you so much for creating this. This is one of the best pieces of fiction I have ever read. Published or otherwise. Thank you. Please tell me if you publish a book someday, because I will totally buy, like, 6 copies of whatever you make. I am not joking.
SoulMusician chapter 39 . 4/1
More please
Alyss Penedo chapter 39 . 3/31
I'm afraid you just shorted my brain with that last line. Come again?
Inveigler chapter 39 . 3/31
AAAAHHHHH! I can't even- I'm not sure if there are any words that can describe the sheer delight I felt when I saw the new chapter or the noises I made while reading the chapter or the mixed feeling of anticipation/frustration when I reached the end.

Eri! Poor Eri! And that moment when Neku realized that he needed to break the news to Shiki was probably the point where I felt the most sorry for him.

And Vancouver completely steals the show! Especially with that last line! I know you just updated with this brilliant chapter, but I'm already dying for the next one!
Kay chapter 39 . 3/31
I am so very happy every time you post an update.
indecisiveauthor chapter 39 . 3/31
I nearly had a goddamned heart attack when I saw this updated.
Like, I was going to sleep, and my phone buzzed for a new email so I went "eh might as well check it"
Which then led to me freaking out to the friend who sent me this fic and just absolutely dying with excitement before I could even begin.
I gotta say I am loving what you are doing here, you have a lot of great headcanons and sometimes I forget that some of these aspects did not actually happen within the game itself.
You are awesome my friend!
eclipsed flower chapter 38 . 3/24
i'm kinda speechless
this is (was, but i'm hoping for is) perfect
Inveigler chapter 36 . 12/3/2013
Neku with cat ears! "It will save people from having to continue photoshopping them on." XD Now I'm imagining the Composers having an underground market of photoshopped Neku pictures. I always appreciate seeing an outsider's perspective on the main characters, but this is too funny.
PickyGlutton chapter 38 . 11/30/2013
Absolutely F! F for Fabulous!
This is by far one of the best, longest and most complex stories I've ever read. This is just so beautiful and rich!
Love how you've fleshed the characters out and given them depth while keeping them so spot on.
I'm really looking forward to reading many more chapters of this masterpiece.
Inveigler chapter 12 . 11/28/2013
asdfalkjhkjh! So many things in this chapter! Joshua modifying Neku's memories is both adorable (aww, he's doesn't want Neku to be sad) and chilling (holy crap, he just violated Neku's mind without even thinking about it).

And being able to browse through different worlds- and different possibilities- is so intriguing. That one line- "Joshua hasn't found the Neku that pulls the trigger. He also hasn't found the Neku that stays." All the warm and fuzzy feelings from the first sentence were utterly destroyed by the second sentence. I can't even imagine how Josh would feel from believing that his relationship with Neku has no chance of lasting.

I'm also curious now because I very much want to know the story of Fallen Joshua from the alternate universe.