Reviews for The Hand of a Friend
The Swordsman chapter 1 . 7/12/2007
I loved the straw fight scene; it was a wonderful way to break the tension. Also, when Hogan had that nasty General pinned against the wall was pretty freakin' sweet. I just love that you show that dangerous/dark edge of his personality.

The Swordsman
Will Shelburne chapter 1 . 12/10/2004
Great story. Good drama. You hurt the characters enough, but not too much. Good suspense, too.

I give you praise for this in this paricular-takin' somebody else character, Miriam Broadbent, and doin' it better than Kate Brown. That's talent b/c I actually Miriam under your pen.

But Metzger is the man.
black blade1 chapter 1 . 10/2/2002
I’ve read all your stories they are great! You have a real talent for writing stories and catching the character’s personality. Keep writing. Your stories are like mini movies.
Aguachica chapter 1 . 5/20/2002
This is wonderful! This is true talent!
Syl chapter 1 . 3/9/2002
This is the first HH fanfic story I ever read and it still blows me away. You know how much I love your writing. Any chance of your continuing the story I was beta'ing previously?
Caerulea chapter 1 . 3/6/2002
Oops, after I had already posted the review and re-read the story I realized my mistake. Many thanks to Kate Brown for her terrific character, Miriam. You two authors make a great team together!
zoey chapter 1 . 3/6/2002
Thank you for the kind review, Caerulea. But I can't claim credit for Miriam. She belongs exclusively to her creator, Kate Brown. Miriam was just making a guest appearance. ;-)
Caerulea chapter 1 . 3/5/2002
I read these stories once before on your website, and was enthralled by the superb drama of each story in the series. I am initially suspcious of original characters, but I think that Miriam and Metzger are absolutely terrific inventions! Metzger brings a welcome new perspective to the crew, able to be Hogan's friend and equal as Hogan's subordinates Metzger angst, please! Miriam is just the right mix of courage and wit and yet a certain vulnerability which makes her very appealing. She's a great match for the colonet! I can only hope that you are working on another story to add to these!
Marian chapter 1 . 3/2/2002