Reviews for More Than Sorta
Bones2014 chapter 1 . 3/8/2014
He's absolutely perfect! Gotta love him! You capture them both so we'll !
Wilhemina23 chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
Wow, this is story is really amazing! I can visualize everything you describe - right down to the expressions on their faces as he says "it's okay now" and she says, "please don't tell anyone". You are very talented, and I really enjoy reading your work. Thank you.
lm chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
Just wanted to let you know how awesome this one is. I love it.
MorWeb chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
Excellent one shot. "The Man in the Morgue" is one of my favorite episodes for three reasons. (1) When he inspected her injuries by gently guiding her chin with his hand; (2) Booth's "They think they got away with it..." speech; and (3) the earring.

The one thing that always bothered me about this episode is that despite all of the rage that displayed on Booth's face when he first saw injured Bones he didn't exact any direct revenge against Richard Benoit the Secte Rouge...Benoit committed the murder of John 361, & Brennan's friend which means he was also who assaulted Bones. Perhaps he figured the death of the man's daughter was enough. Now way to tell.

Your story though restores my faith that had there been a lack of law enforcement in the room Booth would've used his time wisely.;) ~MorWeb
mumrulz chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
You know as soon as I read this title, I immediately pictured the female detective saying these words in Man in the Morgue...so I was not surprised that it was a ‘tag’ scene to that episode.

Protective Booth Angry Booth HOT Booth.

- And Booth, feeling powerless, useless, guilty, for not being there to protect her from being hurt...trying to make up for it, by being there for her now ...from clearing her name to understanding & recognising the cause, effect & reaction to shock & helping her through that.

So intense - & highlighted by the only words spoken..

**It’s okay. Go ahead. It’s okay now.”

**Please don’t tell anyone

...heartwrenching.

**Thanks so much for taking the time to read

...Thanks so much for taking the time to write.

Another wonderful piece from you. :-):-):-)
AgentKalGibbs chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
I hope i don't sound like a tard, but that was deep. Loved it.
BandBfan chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
Hi Heather,

You really do keep getting better and better, although your FF beginning was pretty damn good!

Love how Brennan lets herself be taken care of by protective Booth and by taking care of her,Booth begins to let go of the anger and rage that He was not there to take care of his Bones.

really loved this one as well Heather,

Cindy
Pilu chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
Hey! Wonderful story. I went back to watch The Man in the Morgue, and I think it would fit wonderfully. I loved it!

Good job!
hrhdana chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
what an awesome story!

wow!

well done! so graphic and clear, and full of compassion. would love to read more if its available.

i know its an alpha male thing, but i love booth's protective reaction to bren when she's hurting.

thanks!
Alicat76 chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
Wow, that was intense but I loved every word of it! :) Protective Booth is just about the best Booth there is, and when it's accompanied by some angry Booth it just gets that little bit better :) I love that he knew exactly how to take care of her but not the reason why :( He's obviously been through it all himself :( But he was so lovely looking after her and I hope he realises that, although he can't be by her side 100% of the time, he will always be there for her :) x
lrigD chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
Great little story. It's especially striking considering this takes place in season 1 - and in season 5, he still acts in a similar way, but Brennan has gone a long way. Good job!
bearlee-there chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
I absolutely love the motif here that begins with Booth's helplessness and morphs into his usefulness, which allows his rage to fade.

Lyrical is too light a word to use for the power of the piece; I think I want to say "dramatically expressive" instead.

What a great illustration of his sensitivity to and care for her.

Well done, my friend. Thanks for posting.
feii chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
Awesome. You write the best B/B stories. :)
Tartantrace chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
Man you are good! Short but gripping - I could visualise every step. More please? ;0)
Aching Bones chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
Hi there,

Oh my! But this was absolutely wonderful...Poor Booth, he was feeling so guilty for not being there for her...Love how he 'looked his fill' at her because she would not notice him doing so...Although, I have to wonder if she could have heard his teeth grinding as he clenched his jaw with thoughts of what she had been true...Could totally understand how he wanted revenge, but how he knew he would never have it! Love how he recognised instantly when she started to remember, how his experience made him super aware and how his training, quick reflexes and quick mind sprung into action...Love how he held her...

Really great chapter and thank you for writing it...I had not thought about that, her remembering and when she would...

Ger