Reviews for The Stars My Destination
SkyeLight Hope chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
Love it, but is the title somehow wrong grammar? I think a comma is suppose to be somewhere there
kamitori chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
Oh, the Panspermia theory (it might be Greek, but still... what a name...). I really like how you wrote this; it was very thought evoking. I couldn't help but think of certain books and regimes while reading this... haha, keep up the good work!
Meowmallow from dA w chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
I miss John... I want his jar of dirt... :'(

Anyway, very ed-uma-cation-al!
Moiseiwitsch chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
This is my favorite Rex one-shot on the site because it's both touching and thought-provoking. Both Rex and Noah sharing a deep life-changing moment and you handled it with such grace.

Fluff and romance are nice but those stories are a dime a dozen here, so thank you for writing something with a different flavor. I really enjoyed it.
Bellatrixbeauty chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
I really appreciated this. I'm really philosophical (i think,lol) so i can appreciate deep stuff. This. Me love. Hugz and luv to you.

PS. yes. Noah is freakin' adorable.
Skylark Evanson chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
Wow. I honestly have been stalking fanfiction for a little over a year now and I haven't seen anything as spiritual and touching as this. Not to mention enlightening! I didn't even know all this stuff before and I suddenly feel the need to desperately know! This doesn't happen very often that something makes me crave more research on it, but this was just incredible! Credit due! That was amazing! The way it was written was a bit confusing in places since I saw "we" and stuff when it wasn't in first person, but I caught on again quick enough. But that's my only critisism because that was perfect as far as I can judge! Hope to see more like this in the future!

~Sky
Second daughter of Eve chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
Nice, this is poetically perfect.

Eve
Whitetigerdemoness chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
Love this! It's very somber and thoughtful, with a spice of [i]what if[/i] thrown in that just gives me shivers.

Great job!
Xllvr chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
The story was good.

I didn't really watch the cartoon but there is some relation the story as with the Book of Eli. The characters search for the traces of what remains of their world while all the time working in external conflict against their circumstances, as well as the Government, the other party who is bent on attacking against that. I see the story as a way to bring out how the Government has become a rather, as stated by another review, more militarist world. As in many post-Apocalyptic stories, it brings out the hope that the people have while the Government, in its haste to return things to their order, crushes the hope of the people. Since the original show was a cartoon, this story seems more targeted at a more mature audience instead of just children, talking more about the state of a post-Apocalyptic world or even (relating back to history), an era where the Government is so afraid of creativity that they have come to oppose works that might spur creativity.

Great story again.
EdwardClone13 chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
...I must start out saying one thing.

This oneshot deserves a hell of a lot more than two reviews.

I absolutely love the subtlety of this ficlet. It speaks of the wrongness of the world they live in, but also the hope that Rex and Noah feel about the world fixing itself. There are also the hints of a society long gone, and the transformation into a more militarial world. Do not let anyone say anything bad about this ficlet, for it is amazing and it describes the reality of Generator Rex in a way the show cannot since it was made for children.

Thank you for sharing this.
Deranged Black Kitten chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
Poetic is definitely the right word for this. Truly a phenomenal story, and I'm glad to have read it. The imagery was amazing and I love the idea that, in reaction to the nanite event, people become so fearful, so opposed to different, fantastical ways of thinking that they burn books like Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Awesome story. Keep up the great work! I look forward to reading more stories from you in the future.
jessica499499 chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
I can't put my finger on it, but I really like something about this story. It’s got a good feel to it. I also agree with you that Noah is cute and you should not be ashamed to think so. Especially when you pair him up with Rex.

P.S: I bet you would like Ray Bradbury. He makes such wonderous worlds.