Reviews for And May God Deliver the Children
TheBeastThatLostItsPlaceToGo chapter 1 . 5/23/2014
How have I not reviewed this yet? I read this story once a month, at least! Huge fan of your fics, but this one just stands out. So powerful. So perfect. This fic was written so well, the only I can find wrong with it are the little typos here and there. I think I spotted, like, two... This story though. Gah... The emotions, the voice, the horrible torture the parents are going through, and that last line. Dear God, that last line was so perfect. This is the kind of fic K.A. herself should read and use to pick up Animorphs once again. Never stop writing. You are clearly amazing.
Ava Taggart chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
This is really powerful. You build it up really well, with the waiting, the praying, the desperation, and thinking about which of the children should die and cause the least pain for the parents. Strong writing. I like it.
Gilana1 chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
Wow. This should have more reviews because... wow. That was heart wrenching. I think you captured the emotions perfectly. Well done.
JustNobody chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
I think, among a very, very good Animorphs piece,the best part was the very last line. The desperate motion to cut the piece off was just perfect for an ending-it cemented the last feeling as tension, which was present throughout the entire piece. There was no resolution, no ending moment. It was just worry, fear, desperation, and the crashing weight of reality, and how nothing stopped because of it.
tobia chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
DAMN, the second to last line is chilling. Thank you for posting this!
Darth Krande chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
Oh. My. God.

Very good point. Emotions at their best. The evil prayer. Oh my god.
hawktakesflight chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
- that was horribly heartwrenching.

Sorry you're not getting a more coherent review.

The remark on Jake - the kid who held slumber parties in the attic - was a punch to the stomach.

The "terrible prayer" - as others have mentioned - was horrible, but somehow understandable. You cleared that up really well, but there's still that horror of fighting for a form of self-survival; despite the uniting of the parents despite bickering about "ethics", spacey-ness or accusations of heartlessness.

The carnage that Doubleday's and James' troops suffered - the images were pretty graphic - cauterised - dead animals - all those add to the impending horror of the conclusion.

...brilliant work.

elektra30 chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
This was so very poignant - it's a beautiful capture of what had happened behind the scenes, something we'd never thought about when the kids came into the limelight right after their victory. Especially the bit about James' people dying; nobody realised how terrible and traumatising the carnage would be. The description of 'cauterized halves of bodies' really stuck with me :(

I also love how you demonstrated the parents' unity of thoughts (despite their differing characteristics), Eva's fleeting moment of selfishness hoping that it was somebody like Ax or Tobias who died, and towards the end, the juxtaposed reactions of Eva with Naomi's.

Very very well done, I hope you continue this! And maybe try to resolve what happened between Tobias and Loren - since you have her fretting here.
natural-blue-26 chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
You had to know I'd be all over this like WHITE on RICE. (except when it's brown/black/an assortment of other unprocessed colors.)

This would seriously be the single worst day any of the parents went through once they knew what was going on- it was pretty obvious this was the last big push going into thing, based on who all was gathered together.

Oh, Cassie's parents. How you kind of annoy me. :P

"For now, it didn't matter that Walter and Michelle thought Naomi and I were heartless or that Loren was spacey. It didn't matter that I thought they were overemotional and complicating things with their bickering about ethics. We all just wanted the same thing." LOVE THIS

"Naomi tried to cover Sara's eyes, but how do you protect a child from that?" Poor mama!grizzly Naomi. :(

I really like the way you start a lead in to how Eva's view of Jake has totally changed, and she seems to be having a hard time keeping up because they didn't interact for so long.

"Naomi stood up and grabbed the remote and started flipping through channels, looking for some more information." - Like mother, like daughter. Rachel would have been the one jumping up and trying to get stuff done/found too.

"I pressed my face into Peter's shoulder, heaving a sigh of relief, as Naomi fell to her knees."

Ooooooooooooooooooh Naomi. :hugs:

("The camera zoomed in to an Andalite and four familiar teenagers. They were weary and saddened and triumphant, blinking in the sudden daylight and sparkle of flash photography." - Only nitpick. Wasn't Tobias hawk and flew off as soon as they landed?)
nomadsland chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
This is really powerful. Even knowing how it ends, it was still intense and suspenseful. You have once again read my mind, as I've always wondered about the parents during the final battle.
Sarah1281 chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
Oh, this was really heartbreaking. It's horrible that they were all hoping that it was somebody else who died (Eva's comments that no one would really care if it were Tobias or Ax especially) but it's also completely human and understandable. They didn't really want ANYONE to die but since someone did...not their kid. I really liked the ending where Eva was relieved and Naomi just collapsed. If you do end up doing more parents post-war, I'd really like to see how Jake's parents handle everything.