Reviews for Stopping Destiny
Trevor X chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
Okay, this is an interesting take on the whole 'Ike disappears for unknown parts' theme. Loved the line about Legendary Blacksmiths who keep their mouths shut for the right amount of gold.

And yeah, I haven't played through Telius, but I can appreciate a good fic for it. ;)
Kitten Kisses chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
See, now that I have played and beaten FE9 and FE10, I can leave a review for this that's more than, "I have no idea what I just read, but I liked it!"

Anyway, let's see.

I didn't read your current reviews, so IDK if someone pointed it out already, but [Arondight] should be Alondite, unless the UK got the more Japanese spelling? (That's what the spelling you used looks like to me.) Or maybe you ARE using the Japanese spelling, IDK. Sorry. I suck. LOL.

["Mages die when you hit them with hammers, and they're magic."] Haha, I pictured a whack-a-mole game...with mages. Whack-a-Mage, the newest...rage in Tellius!

Anyway, my only gripe with this is that Mist and Rolf are probably adults by the end of RD, and their childlike behavior seemed...off, especially when compared to the last half of the story, which is actually quite serious. Not sure if you were going for a balance between lighthearted and serious or not.

I actually liked the ending. If Ike has to disappear in a puff of smoke, that's a good way for him to go about it! I didn't like the game's "LOL AND NOBODY SAW HIM AGAIN" ending, but with the way you put it in this story, it makes a lot more sense to me.

Anyway, this was good. You should continue to join us on the dark side. I MEAN LIGHT SIDE. YEAH. LIGHT SIDE. 'Cause we're cool like that. As in, keep writing! (More FE 'fic is always welcome, hinthint.)

Cheers,

-Manna
K chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
It's Alondite, not Arondight.
Daidairo chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
This has to be the first fic where I didn't exactly like what happened in the end... but enjoyed it all nonetheless. I think you did a great job, though whether or not this would explain 'canon' is a bit complicated, what with all those different endings from A level supports.

Anyway, the overall read was amazingly enjoyable. I just wish they hadn't made him just disappear like a puff of smoke. ;_;