Reviews for Behind the Scenes
classicjane chapter 5 . 6/8
I keep reading your Butler/Minerva stories over and over again. This set and the others. I don't know if you still use this site, as these were posted years ago, but I had to let you know how wonderful they are. They are written so beautifully and true to character, that it fills my heart to read them. I always thought Butler deserved someone to love him, and you've sold pairing him with Minerva to me. You seem to understand these characters as well as Eoin Colfer himself. I hope you see this message and know that you are a fantastic writer. I can only hope you are inspired to write more Butler and Minerva stories or chapters in the future. Thank you so much for sharing.
Holly-Rose Fowl-Casson chapter 5 . 11/28/2015
Thank you. AAAAAAAAHHHH. I love it so much. Thank you.
fluggerbutter chapter 4 . 2/17/2014
i just re-read this and its making me about as emotional as it mad e me the 1st time im trying so hard to pull myself together and its not working dear god

when i grow up i want to BE you, lli
fluggerbutter chapter 5 . 1/4/2013
I AM CACTUALYLY CI AM CRYING I AM ACTUALLY CRYING IT IS 1:30 IN THE MORNIGNA ND I HAVE BEEN FREAKING OUT OVER YOUR BEAUTIFUL WRITING WITH MY FRIEND WHO IS NOT EVEN IN THIS FANDOM SHE IS ONBOARD THIS SHIP AS IT SINKS INTO THE DEPTH S OF THE OCEAN AND SHE HAS NOT READ IT AND I AM CRYING BEACUSE THIS WA SBEAUTIFUL I THINK IT IS LATE AND I SHOULD GET TO BED I LOVE YOU
Kymyin chapter 5 . 2/8/2011
Aww~ kitsune heart totally made me fall in love with this pairing, I'm so glad there's more of it! This story was adorable. I can't wait to read your other butler/Minerva pieces.
Julesyo chapter 5 . 1/25/2011
Im not gonna lie, i usually DESPISE minerva/butler fanfics... and yet i actually really enioyed reading this :) congrats
Artemis Fowl Lover chapter 5 . 11/26/2010
LOVE IT UPDATE SOON
wolfraven80 chapter 5 . 9/29/2010
That wraps things up very well, though I must say I am glad to have the scenes from "Meanwhile" as they add a lot of extra info to the story. You did a great job of fleshing out Minerva and creating a believable relationship with Butler. Nicely done!
wolfraven80 chapter 4 . 9/29/2010
I feel quite torn about Minerva in this chapter. I think perhaps it's just that I find it hard to believe that someone that smart could do things that stupid (e.g. smoking, drinking). I had the impression from the scene that the smoking was a way to get back at her father for his cluelessness, in which case there would at least be method to her madness. The drinking... yeah that seems not very bright of her. That said, I did quite like the latter half of that scene. The dialogue with Butler and his reaction were all just spot on and the ending was very cute.
southern.monique chapter 5 . 9/28/2010
Good story.

Favorite line "Artemis isn't a topiary specialist and I'm not going to leave you".

It builds on the previous chapters, and shows the depth that B cares for M.

Thanks for the story!
Steinbock chapter 5 . 9/27/2010
That was just good. It leaves a nice feeling after reading it, especially the line "But I was already happy before he came back."

Really, well fluffy, if you want to put it that way!
AnihyrMoonstar chapter 5 . 9/26/2010
Awwww.

Well, I won't call it "anti-climactic" as you put it, because, I believe, the climax was in the fourth chapter. The climax isn't always in the /last/ chapter...near the end, sure, but the last chapter can be great for just wrapping things up and leaving everyone with a sweet-warm-fuzzy and "The End." Which this did. Thus, I feel very satisfied. It was cute; it was simple; it wasn't the emotional rollercoaster of the previous chapter, but it didn't need to be. All in all, this story was pretty kick ass, and I gotta say thanks for posting. It made for a great ride. :)

~Moonstar
Kitsune Heart chapter 5 . 9/26/2010
Initial reaction, on getting e-mail: "NARGLE! WOOOO!"

Aw...that is...just sweet. Not sad at all. A very nice, calm way to end things.

...and thank GOD you didn't do the same climax as me...considering I already wrote it, and have spent the last 4 days being giddy about it.

I suppose their's would always be a somewhat...divided relationship. It's just simple fact that Artemis is tied completely to Butler's life. I'm not even sure he could retire, even though he's threatened it.

I know she's only about 16 here, but I'm seeing her in my head as more about...26. Just...very adult about this.
koalakoala chapter 5 . 9/26/2010
Awh. Bittersweet, in a way, but I'm not a big fan of happy endings. The only complaint I have at the end of this is that I wish it was longer.

I never thought I'd like a seemingly crack pairing, but after this...well, all I can say is that I hope you'll write more Butler/Minerva sometime.

*favs*
AnihyrMoonstar chapter 4 . 9/22/2010
You're right. Minerva wins, this chapter (not against anyone in particular, but more like just, you know, in general). I initially wrote a review for this at about four or five this morning (I think it was) when I first read it, after not having slept at all through the night before, and yet, given that this is probably far and away my favorite chapter so far, I decided not to torture you with my stream-of-conscious babbledyguck in favor of constructing something a little more...literate...at a later hour, and after some sleep.

First, you executed the scene with her smoking fantastically. I imagine it would be hard make a genius such as herself believably be prone to such a "mundane" habit, so to speak, especially when it is, as is said, such a "stupid" one. (My apologies for the excessive use of quotes.) In any case, you manage it with flying colors. The dialogue is perfect, Butler's outburst is believable (and yay, him, for just blurting it aloud), but then yay her for picking up the one compliment in the string jibes and tossing it right back at him. I find it amusing that he says "What'll it be next? Hangovers? Thuggish boyfriends?" and in the later scenes she manages to address both of those issues. (Well, I suppose Tomás wasn't exactly "thuggish," but you catch my drift. He was sleazy enough to qualify as a thug in my book; theoretically well-bred and educated or not.

And I love that you got her drunk. Not that I think drinking in itself necessarily makes one seem more mature (I don’t; I personally don’t drink at all), but in this particular case it really made her feel more like a woman to me, than a girl. (Perhaps because it strikes me as the sort of thing my mother would do.) Caught up in the throes of love, looking for just a little courage to finally get put oneself out there and then accidentally overdoing it just a bit. In any case, the image of her sopping wet, giggly and off-balance on his doorstep just pulled at my heartstrings; it’s like the epic climax of every great romance (which I suppose it was, but anyway…). It also makes her extremely…vulnerable…raw…open? This entire chapter was far more of all those things than the previous ones (which I’m sure was the goal and nothing against the other chapters, but that’s probably why this one really won my completely over), and the final scene really calumniates all of that. The “lion tamer without his whip” simile was probably my favorite literary moment – really gorgeous, and powerful. And…

Well, I loved it. Obviously there’s all kinds of things I could say, but only so much can be crammed into one review before I feel like I’m just babbling ceaselessly, so I’ll stop, but I wanted to give a fair assessment of this chapter in particular because it felt, as I said, much deeper/more serious/mature that it’s predecessors. (The others were all kinds of fun – adorable, sweet, playful, witty, and believable – but this one was finally very gripping, and romantic.)

I’ll shut up now. Good job.

~Moonstar