Reviews for Drabble Bending
Whyhow chapter 20 . 7/19
The one with Iroh and Toph was very good. He's obviously going to be doing something, but that's not one I'd thought of.
MuggleCreator chapter 20 . 10/10/2012
Nice stuff! Loved the series, but couldn't see all of it... Thanks for showing me! ;)
Lucrezia6565 chapter 20 . 6/22/2011
*whew*...I just finished reading the whole thing, beginning to end (took me quite a while, too, but it was worth it), and I have to say it was just amazing.

Very, very well done and so insightful. All characters are absolutely IC.

I loved every single drabble.

And I know my review is probably not the best (you deserve better), but it's now past 3:00 am, and this is all I can come up with at this time (your fault, you know; I just HAD to finish reading every single addicting chapter, or I wouldn't be able to sleep at all... LOL)

So yeah, excellent work, *faves*

wild wolf free17 chapter 20 . 3/6/2011
These are all so good.
Somariel chapter 12 . 1/23/2011
I like the idea presented in "Big Picture Consequences". I'd always wondered how Iroh ended up having Roku's hair piece in his cell and this is a very interesting possibility as to how it got there.
Saffygirl chapter 20 . 10/23/2010
Awesome end to the fic!
Flutter Flight chapter 20 . 10/23/2010
A nice ending to a series of equally nice drabbles. The first drabble with Azula and Katara was a little chilling and I like how you ended with Aunt Wu of all characters. Thank you for writing!
madbrad chapter 20 . 10/23/2010
The canon pairings are fine as far as I'm concerned; I'm very happy with Aang/Katara. Such that I didn't quite like the teeny weeny suggestion that Katara might not have come to Aang if Zuko had been free for romance. But Aang goes on to note that he'd been jealous, so I'll ascribe that thought to his insecurity and be confident that Katara would have picked Aang anyway, without hesitation, regardless of Zuko's romantic attachments or lack of same. Yes. Good. Happy with that.

TOPH FOR EARTH KING! Uhm, QUEEN. YES! Great idea; she fits nicely as a 'mad king'. Well, she's not quite 'mad' yet, but eccentric/different enough to grow into the role. I love it.

Iroh's taking over the Earth Kingdom secret police is a neat idea too. Very clever. He's there, he's clever, he's politically experienced, it's a great notion.

Thanks for your drabbles; I watched the series only a few months ago and it's been fun contemplating them again vicariously through your work. If you come across any super-duper-fantastic A:TLA fan fiction stories I'd appreciate a quick reference; I've been into HP for 6 years and I quail at the idea of trying to work out what's what from scratch in a new fandom, I'm not sure where I would start. Not in trying to find the best of the best (with minimal sorting through chaff). Cheers.
madbrad chapter 19 . 10/22/2010
STOP! You're near the end of the series! Soon you won't have anything to look forward to!

I only viewed the series myself a couple of months ago and already I've forgotten the details of 'energy bending'. Hmmph.

I didn't like the lion turtle; it smacked too much of a deus ex machina. Aang needed help so the turtle dropped in out of the sky / swam up from the depths and gave him some hints. Meh.

"son of his spirit" - nice.
Saffygirl chapter 19 . 10/22/2010

madbrad chapter 18 . 10/21/2010
- He'd made sure neither would ever offer the threat he had to his own father

That's a fascinating take on the Fire First Family. Ozai set them both up to fail? Interesting!
Saffygirl chapter 18 . 10/21/2010

madbrad chapter 17 . 10/18/2010
"The Ember Island Players" was a cool episode!

Hadn't she realized someone of her own Tribe must have been to blame for her secret's escape?

He's trying to shift the blame, but he's got a point, of course. But that doesn't excuse his own actions/murder, once he got to the South Pole, does it?

I'm totally ignorant of the 'legality' of war and war crimes ... "following orders" isn't a sufficient excuse, is it?

He'd told her he'd done a bad thing, because she'd clearly wanted to hear it

I'd suspected that! :-)

Toph would rather make sure they get to write the final version, themselves.

Good one, Toph.
Saffygirl chapter 17 . 10/18/2010

alibi2014 chapter 16 . 10/14/2010
Gosh, these are both great.

Sokka's realization about the other side of leadership really hits home, because although he always takes pride in being practical and resourceful, he doesn't always consider the follow-through. I love how you mention his botching of the DoBS invasion in this context. I'd never made the connection, but springing Suki and Hakoda from the Boiling Rock must have been incredibly nerve-wracking considering how his last huge endeavor went down.

And just briefly about Ty Lee: I can really FEEL her here. You've done a great job of getting inside her head. You've also somehow managed to fit both introspection and action into 100 words, which is super impressive.

Looking forward to the next installment!