Reviews for A Butler Between Them
painterofemotions chapter 3 . 2/15/2012
This is seemingly a good story so far. I feel that Ciel is just a little OC. One would think that because he was stiff during his younger years, he would perhaps mellow out. Sort of fall back because of a lost childhood. But it could go either way! Anyway, its a good story and I find it interesting! Also, I believe that Sebastian would never suggest anything as being "intimate" with Ciel. That was a little OC for Sebastian. Ciel would most likely be so disgusted he would slap Sebastian. Remember that Ciel merely sees Sebastian as his servant, but a very valuable servant. While I understand that this is seemingly a CielxElizabeth...one sided SebastianxCiel? You still want to gradually introduce the issue of Sebastian's dislike. It seems rushed in the beginning, merely to please the CielxSebas fans (haha...what CielxSebas isn't?)/ I think if you took it a little slower it could be better for the characters. Sorry if this seems like a flame, it's not but I just noticed those things. You also might want to try to develop a bigger vocabulary and read the manga. Get a better feel of the characters.
Sage Violets chapter 6 . 9/23/2010
This was great, felt sorry for Lizzy though, bet she missed Ciel XD

Claudia-Maria Anne
LovelyWickedDescet chapter 6 . 9/23/2010
I hate to say it to you but the breakfast you just listed isn't correct. You see in the UK, to the best of my knowledge they wouldn't have the same exact food that we get at breakfast, if they do I think some of the items go by a different name. Here is a tip, go to either yahoo or google and look up foods from the Victorian era England. It helps get things accuret.

I must say it is rather amusing seeing as Ciel and Elizabeth will never marry each, and especially seeing as Ciel (the real Ciel) does not love Elizabeth in that way. (Though why people think he does and will is beyond me. Ciel isn't like that.. he sees it as an obligation from his parents to marry her and he sees her as his cousin and that is it.) Still I would love to see Sebastian torture her before brutally devouring her. ( I also hope you plan to keep her baren, a baby mary-sue or stu isn't something the story needs.)

Ah, and thing I am looking forward to.

'chuckles' Don't get it wrong, you used the right version of Maylene. You see when in the subs the japanese have a habbit to make 'l' sound like 'r'. For instance the Hellsing trailer for Ultimate.. they spelt a Alucard as Arucard. So really, Mey-rin, is spelt Maylene. If not then it is probably spelt Mey-lin.
Ravenpuff chapter 5 . 9/19/2010
This is so wonderful, I don't know why it doesn't have more reviews. The balance between all of the relationships feels just right. Elizabeth's fantasy ideals were so typical of her but also quite understandable. I look forward to seeing how Sebastian intends to woo her over and whether he'll be reeling Ciel in before or after. It's bitterweet to see that Ciel knows of his feelings for both of them but intends to deny them.

Is it wrong to pity Sebastian even though he intends to eat both of his potential lovers? He went to such lengths at the wedding and has behaved so well thus far, considering the circumstances. All he has supporting his side is the knowledge that Ciel is or was physically attracted to him, something that can mean so very little. He's also had three years of nothing but professional distance from Ciel, which sounds like a frigid life in comparison to Ciel's account of their earlier years together.

Your writing is professional and the story has me hooked. I do hope that you continue.
LovelyWickedDescet chapter 5 . 9/19/2010
I must say I am a little disappointed with this. I do like the idea of Sebastian taking advantage of this to gain another soul to eat but that is probably the only thing I like about it. I in honesty feel sorry for Ciel having to be forced to marry someone he doesn't really love. He loves his cousin as a family and friend but not in that way. I can understand why he felt guilty, also if she gets pregnant there could be faults with that. This defenatly does not seem like Ciel at all.

Ciel hadn't hit that stage of puberty at age thirteen, he is fourteen now and he still hasn't hit that stage of puberty. I can see reasons for 16 but you need to change 13 to something more believable.

Grammar and spelling are good.
Sage Violets chapter 5 . 9/18/2010
This is really interesting, I love Sebastian but I really hope that Lizzy and Ciel can fight through him and keep their marriage happy! Or at least functional. This is great please update soon, I hope Lizzy and Ciel survive this *in relationship wise*

Claudia-Maria Anne