Reviews for Althaea's Statue
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
She had made who she saw as her son's saviour take an unbreakable oath.

-Yes. And yet, Dumbledore would have found a way to sacrifice Snape anyway. After all, the dark Slytherin had outlived too many of the Headmaster's favorite Gryffindors. Wearing the Gaunt ring sealed Dumbledore's doom, especially with the fate of the Elder Wand in the balance; he would certainly have wanted Snape to kill him for the sake of that wand. Drinking the locket's potion made Albus too weak to fight anyway, and Draco's own reluctance to kill forced Snape into killing Albus anyway.

But to be honest, it's nice in one way to see *someone* facing consequences for enforcing an oath that should never have been foisted on someone else. It's not like anyone ever had consequences for destroying Snape in canon, after all.

Well done.
thenewkait chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
This was a sweet story and described how Draco probably felt after the war. I loved it!

~thenewkait
dreamersrequiem chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
A wonderful story. Your characterisation of Draco is great, and I love the ending with Astoria, how it becomes clear that he really is the only one who knows where his mother is buried. The reflective mood of it works, and the tone and style help that. It really gives a great spin on the whole ending of Harry Potter, something you're always really good at doing.
Free Dreamer Night Writer chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
This is just amazing. I loved every minute of it.
iMissHP chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
I didn't know the Althaea myth before reading it on wiki and before reading it at the end of your story. But it really fits well here. I had troubles following it, because the pace is rich and complex (and a little too much for my English skills), but I truly adore it.

I love the ending, when we understand that only him now where she is. It surprised me, but when you think about it (and re-read the fic), it makes sense.

It's a very interesting fic, and I don't know if I interpreted it well, but it felt like guilt in disguise.

You did an amazing job with a character I really love to read. *favourites*