Reviews for Standard Deviation
Claire chapter 5 . 10/21/2012
I thoroughly enjoyed the story. I think you did a great job with de-aged Dean (the character still rings true) and all the other members of the Brotherhood I have just recently found, but am enjoying very much. I should be studying for my psychology midterm-yay procrastination.

One little picky thing- "Sad as that may be, we could have lost you. And I don't believe that any one of us could have bared that loss." the word you're looking for is borne- bared is when someone or something is naked.

Keep up the good work.
moira4eku chapter 2 . 4/19/2011
Well, I just read your new story and I had all these questions about de-aged Dean. I see here that I started to read this story but somehow never finished it (at least I don't think I did). I'm really enjoying reading it. I'm still pissed at John because Caleb is right, this is the "real Dean" despite the de-aged thing. Looking forward to reading the next chapter.
LovinJackson chapter 5 . 1/2/2011
You did so good with this story! I really enjoyed it! The concept itself is fantastic and I can't wait to see what happens when the boys meet for the first time.

Tara xOx
Celodie chapter 5 . 1/2/2011
I love this story.

I am a big fan of the brotherhood's AU and, sometimes, I am disappointed by stories that are not from Ridley.C James or Tidia because I don't find the same atmosphere.

I don't know if I'm making any sense but, anyway, I wanted to let you know that you did really good.

Now, I am so looking forward for the sequel, I hope we won't wait too long!

Take care,

Célodie
JCassie241 chapter 5 . 1/1/2011
This was very good! I'm glad you've decided to continue this AU in the form of another story that explores how Sam responds to the new mini version of Dean. I'm really looking forward to that revelation and how Sam takes the news! Thanks for tackling this - I always enjoy a good Brotherhood story and this is a fascinating concept. Keep up the great work!
Nana56 chapter 5 . 1/1/2011
So this is the end of this one and there's a sequel to follow? Cool.

Possession...ugh! What a violation that must be!

Have really enjoyed this one and am looking forward to the next one. Nicely done. :)
rog457 chapter 4 . 12/11/2010
I really like the premise of this story, and I am always happy to see Brotherhood stories and I think you have the voices and characters of Dean, Caleb, John, Mac and Pastor Jim down, but I have a critizism of the story as a whole especially this last chapter.

At the end of chapter 3 we have the demon whoes girlfriend, the witch who regressed Dean, though she really meant to kill him, attacking Dean. Chapter 4 now has Dean possessed by the Demon and we find out that Dean, somehow has killed the guy the demon had been possessing. That is one huge hole in the story, we know Dean didnt have any weapons he is only 13 and has not had much training, so just how did this happen?

I realize that not everything has to be explained in detail in a story but this is a major plot point and it "just happened", to me its like when an author suddenly introduces a new character to resolve some issue without giving any basis for their inclusion in the story, I'm sorry but if you dont have an explaination for how or why something happened you shouldnt include it in the story.

I did really like the last scene between John and Dean, at least John finally gave Dean the comfort he desperately needed.
Nana56 chapter 4 . 12/9/2010
One more chapter? Are we going to get grown up Dean back or will there be another fic after this one? I'd love another fic! :D

There seems so much more to do.

A very intense chapter and I loved it. :)
rog457 chapter 3 . 10/14/2010
Ok I think I understand, Dean is 13 and doesnt remember anything of the intervening 13 years so everyone is really a stranger to him since they have changed and as far as he is concerned he hasnt.

It must have been devastating for Dean to have Sam not recognize him, even if he is glad that he is happy.

So this demon somehow knew where to find Dean and followed him in order to kill him, which his girlfriend the witch intended to do in the first place, my question would be why? You didnt really provide any backstory on how this all came about other then that it occurred on a hunt.

I guess all will be explained in the next chapter.
rog457 chapter 2 . 10/14/2010
Why is Caleb the only one who realizes that Dean has probably run away and the only place he would go would be to Sam.

I dont understand why Caleb says he has lost Deans friendship and that Dean is gone. They all talk about how this isnt really Dean, but isnt he just Dean de-aged? I guess I must be missing something but the idea that this isnt really Dean doesnt make sense to me.

Its a testament to Deans determination to get to Sam that he is willing to get on a plane, even Caleb thinks he is hitchhiking to California.

John can be such an ass sometimes.

Looking forward to the next chapter, though I dont think Deans reunion with Sam is going to go as well as he hopes.
sosori chapter 3 . 10/8/2010
Great story, I love it... I love de-aged Dean and poor boy he is in sérious trouble, can't wait to see what's gonna happen to him. Keep going :) (sorry for the mistakes, english is not my first langage)
emmau chapter 3 . 10/7/2010
Well, a quick update and a nail-biting cliff-hanger-give with one hand . . . Seriously, this was a happy surprise. Poor little Dean. His Sam isn't there, and this Sam didn't recognize him. That would be crushing (though probably not this Sam's fault; who really expects their de-aged brother to show up on campus?). Now he's being attacked by a demon? Oh, Dean.

Of course Pastor Jim's right. Everyone, even Dean, shares some responsibility for this mess, though to be honest I think Dean deserves less blame than the father he overheard saying he basically didn't want to deal with his kid. It's always horrifying to think of Caleb receiving visions that Dean's in danger and not being able to reach him.

Very nice build of suspense. I hope chapter 4 comes soon.
LamiaJade chapter 2 . 10/7/2010
Hey! I just stumbled over this story. I can't believe I missed your first post. This is a really great start and I'm more than curious about what will happen to Dean on his way to Sam. Knowing Winchester Luck things are surely going downhill fast. LOL.

In a way I can understand John's thoughts but then again I could throttle him! *sighs*

Can't wait for your next post! Hurry please!

And thanks for sharing! ;)
fionaevans73 chapter 2 . 10/7/2010
Thanks very much for original and very enjoyable story. Grammar was good with no annoying spelling mistakes, really looking forward to reading more. Thanks again.
emmau chapter 2 . 10/6/2010
Oh, I was hoping to see more of this story! Very clever, little Dean. Of course he's heading to California. I wonder why Sam's reaction to his suddenly little brother appearing on his doorstep would be. Caleb naturally has already connected the dots.

Oh, John. Seriously? He needs a beatdown from Jim and Caleb on this one. I want to think he's reacting out of grief for the loss of "his" Dean, but . . . that's a pretty awful way to treat your own kid.

I can't wait to see the next chapter of this. Thank you.