Reviews for It's My Job
Von chapter 1 . 10/12/2014
Awwwwww. :)
Noxbait chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
Loved this! Nice one shot showcasing the way the boys care about each other and do whatever it takes to help each other. :-)
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
Oh my goodness, this is fantastic. I really enjoyed Harrigan's original story and then the way you filled in the gaps and came at it from Sam's point of view and really gave more depth to the story was absolutely wonderful. Your style is great and I loved every word. Thanks. :)
Parnassus chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
Hahaha! Ok favorites: Dean-sicle, MacGyver-ed it myself, No Empire Strikes Back crap with the tauntaun, I think King Kong here gave me fleas, and poor Sam all hurt/struggling/confused but trying to help and Dean having to keep reminding him what he's supposed to be doing. Fun story and the banter was hilarious!
Freya922 chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
I read Harrigan's first and enjoyed it very much. It was awesome to get more of Sam's side of the story. The Star Wars references were just perfect, and so was the double angst. (Damn, I love these characters.)
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
Loved this, injured Sam, trapped and injured Dean and an awesome MOTW! Totally brotherly and both having each others back :)
Will head off and read This Isn't Little Big Horn now!
Beckydaspatz chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
"De-" Sam stumbles forward, starts to call out in the hope that his brother is still within earshot, ready to crow that the beast has claimed its last victim, that the mountains are safe again thanks to Dean Winchester, when he spots the body pinned under the carcass. The sight steals his voice, leaves him mute in his shock.

Body. The head is turned away from him but he'd know that spiky hair anywhere. Sam's legs threaten to give way, his crutch creaking as it takes all his weight. No… No, it…it can't-

He inhales sharply when the body moves. An arm flails, smacking at the beast, desperately trying to shove it away. Then Sam hears a weak, pissed-off but oh-so-familiar voice. "Stupid, stinking, flea-bitten son of a bitch…"

For the first time since he woke up at the cabin, Sam smiles.- Oh God, what a MOVING scene. I was with Sam, freaking out over the fate of his brother, and the relief when Dean started complaining was damn near palpable. Bravo!

"Yeah." Sam's voice goes quiet, and not just from weakness, "but it would have killed you, too…eventually…if I hadn't found you."

Dean glances up, stops chipping for a moment, recognizing the truth in Sam's words. He'd been pinned helplessly beneath the creature's crushing weight, only his left arm free, his knife buried in the kwi-kwiyai's chest beyond his reach, and hard-packed ice and snow beneath him giving him no traction, no leverage to push himself free. If Sam hadn't shown up… - I love that you don't harp on this fact, but rather had a nod to it. So very true to the boy's relationship.

"Oh." Sam screws his eyes closed, trying to get his vision to focus, to clear the cobwebs from his head. "Um, I was just thinking…you're like a bus stuck under a low bridge. Can't move forwards, can't move backwards but we can still get you out in one piece…by-"

"…letting the air out of the tires." Dean looks really worried now. "Sam, we already had this conversation. That's why we're digging me out…Getting me enough clearance so I can slip out."

Sam nods slowly. "Oh. Right."

Dean puts down the knife for a moment and presses his fingers against Sam's neck. "Your pulse is slow. Your leg still bleeding?"

Sam shrugs. "Dunno… worry about that later…get you out first." He resumes digging robotically. "You couldn't have fallen on soft snow… could you? No, that would've made things too easy. You-"

"Sam, stop," Dean's eyes widen as he shifts slightly toward his brother. "One, you're rambling. And, two… I just dropped down a bit. There's not as much pressure on my legs." He winces as he pushes himself up, jarring his bad shoulder, then looks over at Sam. "You think you've got enough juice left to gimme a hand?"

Sam nods. "I save your butt, you save mine. That's what we do, right." He rolls over with a groan, unsteadily pushes himself to his feet, then wobbles there for a minute waiting for the landscape to stopping tilting.- Again, I love how subtle Sam's fading is. I had to read this part twice to make sure I didn't miss something, but sure enough the poor boy started to ramble. It's lovely how realistic this is (again I'm imagining, can't say I've ever been in this situation)

Sam smiles tiredly. "We both need new jobs. Our bosses are pains in the ass."

Dean grins as he stands up, walks to the head of the travois and loops the rope around his chest. "You said a mouthful, Sammy." He grabs the handles and begins the long trek back. "But we wouldn't have it any other way."- *hugs self* What a perfectly, perfect ending! I was supposed to be working on a new chapter for my latest story, but alas the writers block struck and I found myself moseying over her to read some more of your stuff. So happy I did. This was fantastic! Plus Star Wars references and BOTH boys are hurt. :D I may be sick, but I LIVE for H/C stories and this was the magic mix of both.

Also I have been told that I am good at writing dialogue and I, myself, think that I do a decent job of it, but you are OUT OF THIS WORLD good! PLUS you can write an action scene as well and it FEELS like I'm watching in the show. I love that so much about your stories, this was another WONDERFUL tale, thank you SO much for sharing it.

-Becky
zekeschance chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
Wonderful story! I love hurt Sam, big bro Dean. Your dialogue is excellent! Always throwing in the humor! Great story! Thanks!
Zinfer chapter 1 . 11/13/2010
i absolutely love your stories of the brothers _ please write more
TraSan chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
I read this story ages ago (because come on, I may barely have been on-line lately, but it was a story by YOU) and then apparently...never reviewed.

I absolutely adored this fic. Hurt and in no shape to be walking around more or less searching long and hard for his brother, Sam did that very thing. Because, he KNEW Dean wouldn't have left him there long and also, that he would have wanted the job finished.

And I also love how trapped under a two-ton monster, he's less concerned for himself than his brother.

THOSE are the boys I love. That you for bringing them out to play.
Hermione's Shadow chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
I just read "This Isn't Little Big Horn" a couple of days ago, and I totally loved it. I was delighted when I clicked on your story to find that it was based on that story. You did a great job writing this :D
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
This double uber whumping for the brothers was such an enjoyable feast of angst, pain and more importantly utter stubborness (born out of love and so screaming pure Winchester at you) that it proved a welcome reminder of what makes this show so special. Thanks for sharing such intense and beautifully crafted storytelling with me.
JustOnePogostick chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
You made my day with The Empire Strikes Back reference. Awesomeness!
calcium77 chapter 1 . 9/24/2010
Loved the story! All the work you and others have done in the past 4 months has gotten me through until new episodes have arrived.

I am just waiting for hubby to come home and we are having a double feature...finale from last year and season opener this year. With Pizza...and real coke with actual sugar (not chemicals or corn syrup) from Mexico :-)

Thanks!

kat
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
When I received the alert on your new story, I had no idea that yours was related to Harrigan's. I loved her story, so had fun reading yours showing us Sam's POV.

This was a great line about the creature. I laughed when I read it, 'The kwi-kwiyai, the white grizzly-gorilla-yeti-bigfoot-whatever-the-hell-you-want-to-call-it creature.'

Great description of the brothers, 'Dean's in no shape to hunt, and Sam's in no shape to track him down. But that's not going to stop either of them.' I like Sam's determination, 'The speed he's moving, no world records will fall, but he's upright and as long as he stays that way, he can find his brother.'

Poor Sam, though to bad no one was around to give him a score on his fall. 'A triple back sommie with two-and-a-half twists.'

Loved the reunion between the brothers and than the tense situation as Sam continued to bleed from his leg wound.

Dean did a great job coming up with a way to pull Sam out of the woods by using the fur from the creature.

Great story. Sam saves Dean, Dean saves Sam, the brothers together on a hunt. Perfect!

Thanks for sharing your story with us. I also realized I never mentioned how much I enjoyed reading 'Mad Maggie' in Blood Brothers 4 - it was fun. Thanks for the smile.