Reviews for It's My Job
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
When I received the alert on your new story, I had no idea that yours was related to Harrigan's. I loved her story, so had fun reading yours showing us Sam's POV.

This was a great line about the creature. I laughed when I read it, 'The kwi-kwiyai, the white grizzly-gorilla-yeti-bigfoot-whatever-the-hell-you-want-to-call-it creature.'

Great description of the brothers, 'Dean's in no shape to hunt, and Sam's in no shape to track him down. But that's not going to stop either of them.' I like Sam's determination, 'The speed he's moving, no world records will fall, but he's upright and as long as he stays that way, he can find his brother.'

Poor Sam, though to bad no one was around to give him a score on his fall. 'A triple back sommie with two-and-a-half twists.'

Loved the reunion between the brothers and than the tense situation as Sam continued to bleed from his leg wound.

Dean did a great job coming up with a way to pull Sam out of the woods by using the fur from the creature.

Great story. Sam saves Dean, Dean saves Sam, the brothers together on a hunt. Perfect!

Thanks for sharing your story with us. I also realized I never mentioned how much I enjoyed reading 'Mad Maggie' in Blood Brothers 4 - it was fun. Thanks for the smile.
carocali chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
Okay, always love a Star Wars reference - especially the Tauntaun one. That's not exactly one that comes along every day. But most importantly is that you posted!

I so enjoy your stories and your take on the boys' relationship: Stubborn 1 and 2 in this case. And the protective nature of both of them to each other is so wonderful.

Please keep cranking out more stories - they make me (and the world) very happy!

:D

Caroline
K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
Very satisfying! I love a story where they save each other, and they did. I also love Dean's resourcefulness! The travois was brilliant and cracked me up. But I especially like the little touches, the way Dean's lying there complaining and how that makes Sam smile and the fact that Dean would dry and lay out his clothes. Sweet.
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
I loved it

You continued the story in a really great way! *-*

See you around ~

Rosetta
Hjalmar chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
This was wondeful. You wrote both Sam and Dean perfectly.

Thanks for the awesome story!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
Aw, good job! Definitely a winner. Guess I'm gonna have to go read the other one, too. lol

Loved the hurt!Sammy AND hurt!Dean here. Two for the price of one. :D It's both an aggravating thing and a good thing that they're both so stubborn. lol

Nice one. :)
PhoenixDragonDreamer chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
I loved this just as much as I loved the original! Wow! What an awesome ride, dear!

*hugs you*
Zyanya chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
Actually you wrote the continuation, thank you...this was great )
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
What a wonderful story of brotherly love and devotion. Dean fixing Sammy up and I'm sure he went out by himself while Sam was sleeping, so his little brother was safe and wouldn't get hurt more. And than said little brother wakes up and gets all worried because Dean isn't really up for a hunt either and goes out to find him. I'm sure Dean would have gotten all upset with him, if it hadn't been for the fact that he got trapped underneath the monster and couldn't free himself. Sam could have killed himself, yet because he almost did, Dean gets out of the trap and gets to take care of him again. So it's a give and take and they take care of one another. Loved the little line about their bosses sucking, but they wouldn't have it any other way. Really miss that a lot and I hope we will see more of that again. Great story. Hugs, Vonnie
Phx chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
I totally adored this. Double whump and I adored stuck Dean and hurting Sam. They both got to save their brother :) Awesome.
Madebyme chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
What a spectacular companion piece! I feel like the cat that got the cream right now, two of my favourite authors teaming up. Having read both fics, I think your writing styles really complement each other and you should definitely think about working together on another project.

You did an awesome job with Sam's POV here. From waking up alone, to tracking and finally finding Dean. His stubbornness and determination through tough circumstances all to find his brother really highlighted their bond and the balance in their relationship especially as we see Dean dragging Sam out of the snowstorm at the end.

I liked who you neatly filled in the missing scenes here and I loved how Sam passed out again just as Dean is freed and the Star Wars inspired travois really made me smile – Sam's reaction and that glint in Dean's eye, were perfect matches with their characters! Plus you also managed to slip in little facts and snippets from Harrigan's tale like the stitches and the crutch etc and the balance between the old and new was spot on.

A perfect extension to a perfect fic! This fit so well with the tone of 'This Isn't Little Big Horn' and I couldn't have enjoyed it more. Thanks so much for sharing this and I really hope to see more work from you in the near future. Take care, Abbi
vampyfreak chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
Awesome fic! Now i'm off to read the other one
masondixon chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
I read Harrigan's wonderful story and enjoyed it very much.

You did a very good job presenting Sam's side of the story.

Both stories mesh together very well.

Thank you.
supernaturaldh chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
Wonderfully Awesome Story. Definitely added to my favorites. It rocked. Until next time!
Zara Zee chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
I read Harrigan's "This isn't little big horn" first and loved it...so was really intrigued to read this. Awesome job! It's a perfect companion piece; great job with the banter too!
44 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »