Reviews for Warmth
The-Snowy-Owl13 chapter 1 . 7/29/2014
Don't mind me. I'm just balling my eyes out over here! No big deal! Oh my god the feels.
This is freaking gorgeous.
RinandSesshomarufan22 chapter 1 . 12/7/2013
Awe that is so cute I love it
littlelionalex chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
So cute!
I enjoyed this.
Hanna Cabrodi chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
You shouldn't be ashamed of this one! Speaking for myself, at least, I'm a sucker for the fluffy feel good kinda stories xD

Loved this :) It's almost 2:00 AM right now so this was like the perfect lullabye for me xD! Always good to end the night on a mushy gushy story! It's so fluffy, I'm gonna die! :D

Loved it! Arnold and Helga are so ridiculously in tune with each other, it's amazing! Great fic! :)
Zephyr.Camida chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
This indeed left me warm, fuzzy, and gooey inside. Big smiles and all. That was perhaps one of the most endearing family themed one shots I've read in a long time. In all reality, I just love your writing in general. It always seems to portray what you want and I feel the intentions and emotions 110%, leaving me wanting more even when it's complete. I'm working my way around many of your stories, even though it's been a year or so since updates. I just wanted to pass on that I think your writing is amazing and it inspires me as well.
Anillus chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
Simply beautiful :D
Acepilot6 chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
"Warm and fuzzy" may be an understatement, but it works quite well - we all need some warmth and fuzziness at times.

I'm not a big fan of Arnold/Helga but I do like how you've worked with Helga's character here - the fact that so much of it is a very personal exchange between mother and daughter. When Arnold comes back into it the dynamic shifts somewhat and prevents Helga from slipping completely into the...sanitised version of herself that seems to permeate a lot of stories in this fandom.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your work.
HAFanForever chapter 1 . 11/25/2010
That's a cute name for their baby, in reference to the fact that it rained on the day they first met, despite it not being in April. And having the middle name of Arnold's mother...

Despite the fact that Helga will mellow out and keep some of the flaws of her personality, she will be very mild-mannered and motherly with the child she has with Arnold. She will be a wonderful mother, just like you said. And breast-feeding! Haha! Yeah, Arnold, it ain't a free show! Although why would she object? It's not like she and Arnold haven't seen each other naked before...

Sad the baby won't know it's paternal grandparents, but I do know that once they have a child, Arnold and Helga will give it the very thing they lacked in their own childhoods: loving, caring parents.
Thundercatroar chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
You were right, my good man, this story was just as soft, warm, and cuddly as a cute fuzzy little kitten, and if I could have, I would have snuggled it with my cheeks and made baby talk to it.

Of course if you had caught me doing such I'd have to kill you, but that's moot.

All joking aside, I just really am in awe of what a great this is. I really admire the way that you allow your readers to glean what they may from what you write themselves, instead of beating them over the head with what they're supposed to take away from your writing.

At first this might *seem* like what you termed as a "fluffy fic" and it was, and wonderfully so, I have to confess that I really enjoyed just sitting down and enjoying a well written moment in time, but there's a whole lot more going on here than at face value.

The story encompasses the feelings that everyone has, but artfully portrayed with the characters, Arnold's doubts, Helga's hope tempered with her own experiences, the way that and in an artfully inconspicuous way, Helga seems to have assumed a good bit of Arnold's mantle of the hopeless optimist in assuaging his worries, while he has become a bit more realistic?

What do I know? My words can't possibly do justice to describe what I'm thinking.

My rambling point is is that I really loved it, and you made me feel good for a little while.

I'm glad you're back, and like a fine vintage wine, you only get better with age! ;D

'Roar
Jae B chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
You've probably observed a few infants in your lifetime, but it's clear you're not experienced. This isn't your most creative work by far, but it'll suffice. Please excuse me if I'm a little nauseous now. lol However, with all due respect, it's sentiment proved touching. :)

-Jae-
J'aime ma vie chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
Fluff is good, but I usually prefer the stories I read to have more substance. With that said, I really enjoyed reading your oneshot, because you've managed to balance the fluff and "warm fuzzy" feeling with depth.

There is something truly profound in the way your portray Arnold and Helga's relationship, from her favorite wedding shot that showcases their happiness, their daughter April, the usage of Arnold and Helga's old baby things (I love all the sentimentality), and the symbolism behind April's name. These moments are balanced out amazingly well with all the Arnold/Helga fluff, and yet there's also a sadness to it with Miles and Stella being absent from April's life. Yet the ending also gives the reader hope that she will know them, even if only in spirit.

Good work! I really enjoyed this :)
Lord Malachite chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
It really wasn't as overly sugared as I thought it was going to be. This is just a nice, simple little slice of life. A beautiful and elegant what if, one of the many possibilities. I didn't feel that the general warmth of this story detracted at all from the characterizations. It's believeable, and that's the important thing. You don't always need high drama, screwball comedy, steamy romance, or over the top action to tell a story. Sometimes you just need a compact setting with powerful characters sharing their own tenderness and humanity. In other words, mission accomplished.

One thing did give me the slightest pause-Arnold's comment on how April will never know her grandparents. It's only logical that in the amount of time that has passed, Phil and Gertie would have passed away, but does this mean that Bob and Miriam are also gone? While Helga often is shown having a strained relationship with her parents, there are also instances in the series that reflect that there's some genuine love in the Pataki household, hiding in the dark corners. Even Bob has displayed it on occassion. If they are gone, I feel a little sad-if only because I like to think that where Bob and Miriam might have failed as parents, they could still succeed as grandparents. I always think of an older Bob Pataki as wanting to make up for lost time, get right with his family. I someday hope to write a short story on this issue based on William Shatner's song "That's Me Trying." But I digress.

I'm glad to see you back in the saddle, writing again, taking your favorite toys out of the toybox and remembering how to play with them. I think that more than anything else bodes well for the future of Pink Ribbon. We can put in another session on that as you begin the next chapter, if you like :)
Kpfan72491 chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
So sweet :)
loonytunecrazy chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
Aw very touching and adoreable fic here
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
Again, you did a great job on this one.

Keep the good writing.