Reviews for Bella Ciao
ES3 chapter 1 . 9/24/2010
That was one of the most beautiful and heartbreaking things I've ever read. Edward kept telling us not to cry at the end, but I have to admit I couldn't do as he asked.

You have a wonderful way with words and especially with details, giving us just enough to smell and taste and see what it must have been like to live through this time as part of the resistance. I also thought the sexual scenes were handled well, without giving so much detail that it became out of character, but rather just right for what these two had been through together, and what their relationship was.

Lovely job!
PhoenixRising25 chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
I wanted to read the other contest entries, and I loved yours. I'm sitting here, crying like a baby. What a bittersweet story; though Edward lost the one he loves and loved, he knows he will see her on the other side. Good luck!

xoxo Sarah
polyphany chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
That was so beautiful and amazingly sad. I loved it.
JennieBasset chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
What an amazing job you've done with this. I really enjoyed reading it (sad, I know, but I love the sad fic as you know). You should be so proud of this. Wonderful, moving, beautiful.
DarkBlueBella chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
A very powerful story. It is a great credit to your writing that I really feel there and understood a little of what it might have been like to fight in war like your characters. You brought the genuine and heartfelt love of Edward and Bella to the page and the tragedy of him losing her was very well done. I was left with a deep sense of loss and bitterness that he had a long life but missed her every day. Well done and good luck.
Penguindreams chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
I loved this - I thought it was sweet and thoughtful and gave real insight into the characters in v few words. Only thing missing is a Chumbawumba soundtrack (I get shot down, but I get up again...?).
eviiz chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
im crying...
LJ Summers chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
I love this paragraph:

*On nights like these, I open my shirt, no matter how cold it is, and place a hand on my heart, desperate to feel it still beating. Desperate to know I am still alive.*

That's so beautiful. :)

I have the impression of an old man as your narrator. You do that so well with his aside remarks. And though he was born in the U.S., I get a sense that he is Italian, here. His language usage and everything says cool. Nicely done.

The desperate passion he experiences with Isabella is terrific. I enjoy how vibrantly you write it.

It is so sad, your final words are very Bella. That she would tell him her life was wonderful...it is all attributed to his love for her, we know.

That's beautiful.

I think I really, really like your narrator!
exspiravit chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
Your story is so beautifully written. You have managed so eloquently to describe the pain and sacrifice faced by these brave souls who were (and still are) prepared to stand up for a cause they believe in.

Your description of Edward and Bella's future life beautifully describes what they were all fighting for. Thank you for sharing this with us!
NeonMonkeys chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
Evocative, eloquent, emotional. And educational, as all good historical fiction should be. I can't think of any more 'e' adjectives so I'll just say I loved it. Hauntingly beautiful.
NeverPushWhenItSaysPull chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
I love that you pull no punches with your very moving writing. You have created a tiny epic (if that's not a contradiction) and a spellbinding setting.

Saw this, thought of your story: watch?v5AhU12zC8fc&obav2e. Not sure why, but it's suitably angsty.
evilgiraffe82 chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
This was so, so beautiful. I was left actually shaking and almost in tears - which is incredible for me personally, reading your story at my desk at work. I have always loved reading tales of the wars, and this is no exception, you have done both the horror and the courage proud in your honest and painful descriptions. I haven't listened to the song yet, but I would love to read an English translation of the lyrics if you don't mind sending them my way? I felt all the way through your story that it was almost certainly going to end in Bella's death, but when it happened I was still shocked, and still full of pain for them both. I especially loved Edward's description of the life they would have had - it reminded me very much of the end of Of Mice and Men. I also liked the way you weaved in elements of the real Twilight books, with Edward's opinion of himself as a monster, and how Bella's joining the group mirrors her being changed.

I am honoured to have read your story, and I am feeling inspired to find out more about the Italian resistance and the effect they had on the war. Thank you, and good luck.
twilightmuse62 chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
Wow...that's all I can say. Truly moving, and the song Bella Ciao is amazing. It truly harkens back in style to the days of the singing troupes of the Commedia dell'Arte. Thank you so much for sharing your talent and this beautiful music with all of us.
EricTwislut chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
Wow - I am only partway in but I'm too tired to finish tonight, so I had to say something now! Your writing style is just lovely! Beautiful language, evocative and moving, I'm sure I'll cry...
Poppet 16 chapter 1 . 9/15/2010