Reviews for Tea and Sympathy
bergerac chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
lovely little story from the story that i love so much!
Marilynne chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
Regann -

I went through a lot of emotions concerning this story. After all, I fell in love with Heart over Mind. I actually keep it on my favorite tabs, so it's always handy. And I find myself comparing it to other fanfics I read. They just don't compare to it, quite frankly. There is just something rewarding and true about HoM that the other fanfics don't have. I think a big thing about it was the slow steady build up of their relationship. In fact, your story's slow progression (even though at times it was almost cruel to read because they'd be 'this' close) has been the major inspiration for one of my stories I started writing. BUT! This isn't a reveiw of HoM. That'll be just silly.

But having said all that, when I got the email saying that one of my favorite authors posted a new story, I went through a range of emotions that I will detail here. At first, I was like, "Oh! A new story!" and as I was opening the email I was wondering if I could possibly get away with reading it at work. I saw that it would be possible, considering the length. And then I read the author's name. I sat there wondering excatly where I knew that name from and then it hit me HoM! And well, I squealed a high pitch girly squeal (not hard to do). And then I went through a whole range of things. Mostly flipflopping between reading it then to gobble it up as quickly as possble or reading it later where I could savior it. And then there was the matter of leaving a review (absolutely no question about it) and if I could give you the review you deserved if I had read it at that moment of complete bliss. So, I did one of the hardest things I had to do yesterday - I shut down my computer and walked away. I didn't WANT to gobble it up because I NEEDED it so much - I really wanted to savior it for all it was worth. After all, the HoM universe can only take so many fics before the well runs dry. And although I'd like to think you'd continue with another SS/HG fic, I understand completely that most of these things have a timeline and sooner or later it's time to move on past fanfics in general. I've gone through it myself before and therefore cannot just demand you to continue just to please myself. It's not a story if you're 'forced' to write one just to get someone off your back.

So, I'm sure that having said all of that you probably feel that I built up Tea and Sympathy to a degree that it was not capable of supporting. But I disagree. Although not as emotionally rewarding as Flower and Vine, something that wrapped HoM up nicely, it was still a very sweet, warm-fuzzy piece. Extremely delightful, of course. It was encouraging to see that they'll be together for many more years to come... with the prospect of 'grandchildren' quite possibly one day. Which is interesting, as I've always flipflopped between the idea of SS/HG's future brood or the idea of them getting married. But I think that's just me. They seem just as nice a fit as they were when we last left them. I liked that we finally got to meet Aunt Sophia, a character we often heard from or about but never really got to know on a personal level like the other characters.

Thank you so much for adding another bit to the HoM universe. And as always, you're on my list of author's to watch. You're style and voice is still the same as it ever was, meaning it still feels refreshing when compared to other fanfics that have a jarring style or rush things between the characters much too soon. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Much Love - Marilynne
FeelingUntouched chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
For this I really love you.

Thanks a lot for sharing. :)
klschmidt chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
Totally delightful. (I suspected early that the "other woman" was Sophia.) Always sorry to see "The End" and hoping it really isn't.
sweet-dreamrose chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
I'm so glad you've written a new fic, even if only a oneshot. I've really missed the HoM universe.
Anna Scathach chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
Ooh for that last sentence. Lovely in all its parts, amazing and funny and realistic (I do seem to use that word a lot when talking about your fic). And it comes out only a day after I've read HoM, which is the added bonus, of course. Well done!
The Whisper chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
This was amazing. I'm a huge fan of the Heart over Mind universe, your Snape and Hermione are just wonderful. After reading this continuation I know I would happily read about the rest of their lives together! So, if you don't mind dropping every other project you have on, and continuously writing these fics until my eyes fall out, that would be perfect ;-)

It was lovely to see another fic from you, thank you for such great entertainment once again.
notwritten chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
I've enjoyed this. Keep smiling. :-)
duj chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
What, we don't get to see the dinner? That's a bit cruel.
Laurenke1 chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
you do realize that you will have to do the dinner now as well, right? You can't tease us like that and then leave us :P

nice story
DanniV chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
I love your story and the universe you created with Heart over mind. I recently reread Heart over mind so was pleseantly surprised to find another little tidbit to enjoy. Please write more in this universe!
sunsethill chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
What a lovely little look back at one of my favorite worlds. Even after years of reading fanfiction, Heart and Mind is still one of my favorite stories. Aunt Sophia was lovely, but I think I liked the reference to Ljalja at the end the most! ;-)
42 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3