Reviews for Like Subtitles
zflame393 chapter 1 . 5/11/2011
fun story i really liked it
WiseAbsol chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
Hey there, Chibi! Finally getting around to reviewing your more recent stuff, despite you saying it's not recent at all (which I suppose it isn't, but whatever). So, what to say about this cracktacular piece? Well, it definitely got some very wide smirks out of me, lol.

With the news about Jessie, James, and Meowth returning to being evil (in the anime), there's something distinctly bittersweet about this piece, despite it overall being incredibly funny. I have a strong suspicion that their formal retirement will be something of a tearjerker, so I appreciate that this version is...well...just awesomely amusing. And contrary to what you said in your Author's Note, my favorite part is when it did spin out of control. The trio trying to get Ash's name right (my favorite guess was Asuka), the switching over to Spanish (my favorite part period, I think), the comments on the languages and names, the twerpette numbers (cause we've all done that at some point), and Brock as a walking Wikipedia. Breaking the fourth wall like that was very, very entertaining. The knives bit was also pretty special, lol.

I was wondering what bug had crawled up Misty's rear, and why Tracey was being so snarky, but then you explained it, and I don't remember what type of character Tracey had anyhow. The ending was very cute, and definitely had a different tone than the rest, but it worked well enough. In some ways, I'd almost want to consider this a teaser for "The Strangest Kind of Love," but I'm not sure Dawn is in that one. Ah well.

Anyhow, thanks for the fun read! Hope you're doing well, Chibi!

Sincerely,

Abby
ClearMind chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
Replying as I read so I won't forget anything :P

Lol, Itadakimasu, original :D

First thing I notice about Jesse and James is... do you have a theme of always making them change their ways? I haven't read much else, but I know in SKoL it was the same... Second thing is, in the anime I always saw them as like 25-30, I mean, they're adults with a job, and I doubt "the boss" would hire these young people. So along with that (this is before I even checked out the ages you put btw) one of my thoughts was "Aren't they a bit old to be trainers...?"

I always find it entertaining when the characters in a show or anime act as they know they're being watched, while actually in the plot of the story. So this was funny to hear it go all out on that. xD It brought up a question for me too that I'm trying to work out: Do I prefer an anime based in reality, or more fantastical.

OHH, is that where the title came from? :3

That must be, the first time, a girl hasn't taken being original as a compliment..

*clapping in pure joy* this is funny :D it's like a comedy routine where Misty's playing off Ash's density.

** quick editor's note: Ash, of course, [ate] more than the rest of them,...

Hehe, don't you love when you're at a climax in your conversation, then all of a sudden someone breaks in? :3

But even funnier than that was how calm Tracey, Brock, May, and Dawn were lol. I mean Tracey just shrugs and says calmly with them sitting there nodding "You know it's true, now shush, we're getting to the good part." I could totally imagine him eating a bowl of popcorn while saying this, despite the tension coming off Misty

Ahh, there's the title. Basically, the subtitle is kind of like the underlying meaning?

Great story Chibi, hope you get better (though you probably are by now) and a rather belated happy birthday to you. Look forward to more. (I'll read/finish IS at some point in time when I get into another FF mood, so look forward to reviews on that :P)
TheTotodileDuelist chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
This is four!

Man, I must be in a good mood tonight. Two reviews in one night for the same author. Or maybe it's because it was your birthday last Wednesday. Happy belated birthday! I hope it was a good one! :D (Mine was last Thursday. :])

I love crack. I love this crack. You must have an awesome dealer because this is some great crack. It wasn't too crack-y that I completely lost the story, but it was crack-y enough to keep me laughing.

Buen trabajo.
FTEcho 4 chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
I just laughed and laughed and laughed. Uh... I liked Tracey's zombie form. And you did the Ash and Misty bit quite well, although I wouldn't expect anything less from you. So... yeah. That's about it. This was a good story. I liked when you broke the fourth wall, then acted like nothing had happened. It reminded me of Scrubs. A lot. You know, a little wink, nod to the audience. That kind of thing makes me smile when it's used well, and you use it well. Well, that's all I've got. Oh, and I finally finished that story i was dedicating to you. I just put it up.

See ya!
Crystalgurl101 chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
BAHAHAHAHA! NIIICEEE! xDD Ohmygod, why cant your stories be actual Pokemon episodes? That was priceless, having the entire twerp-gang eating dinner with Team Rocket-i mean Jessie, James, and Meowth. P I loved the Pokeshippy-bit and even the mock-Contest fluff. It was so random, but so fitting. xD Misty was just how i expected to be like in a situation like that. I loved how everyone was so wary of her temper, like how'd they keep knives away from her-LAWL!

Poor May and Dawn. Unlike Misty, they have to be down-graded to being numbered as "Twerpettes 2 and 3." But we all still love them! _ Ash was as clueless as ever, considering he couldnt see what was bothering Misty. I laughed SO hard when he out-ate Team Rocket, and all they could do was stare! o_o

"Now be quiet for a minute. It looks like they're making a breakthrough."

"I'll show you a breakthrough!"

Best lines ever! xD

This story was rather random and kind of broke the 4th wall a few times, and i LOVED it! Pure genius! Awesome, awesome job with this one! :D
poka chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
Ash, of course, at more than the rest of them,

should be

Ash, of course, ate more than the rest of them,

-0-

Happy belated birthday _

*hands Chibi a shotgun*

Right, lets see if we can get you some AAML for your Bday present eh?

Cute little oneshot there BTW. I like it. Pity TR can't seem to get the point about the Twerps. :p