Reviews for Choice Language
CelticWomanJunkie chapter 1 . 11/5/2010
I like this, I really do. I actually wondered if Jake would laspe out of English, partially to fit in, partially because I believe a lot of the clan don't speak English. I like how you managed to weave all these ideas into an entertaining narrative, language, education, wasn't a bit dry of 'soap-box' like. You kept both characters on point, and how sweet of Neytiri not to make Jake wait for mating season to 'practice.' You did a good job having Neytiri slip on realistic English points, if you don't practice a language you can get 'rosty.'
Sothis Star1 chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
I like it! This is something I've thought about too, and your interpretation makes a lot of sense to me. I think English would fall into disuse unless there was a conscious effort to preserve it.

Your characterization is spot-on and endearing without being too cutesy (though, personally, I usually squirm whenever a character calls another "my love," though that's probably just me). "That would be awesome," was cute and funny and reminded me of Neytiri's "Ooh yeah!" from the special edition.

I like the subtle tension where Jake still has a complex over his human-ness and wants to shut it away, and Neytiri has to convince him that it's ok that he's human. There's a lot to be explored in that dynamic, I think.

Good work!
alexajaye chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
I agree with Neytiri that Jake shouldn't forget where he comes from, but I do think he would immerse himself in Na'vi culture after his transfer. The ending was cute, and I think Jake would be a good father to this children. This story was good, and I hope you write more.
Aquarian Cowboy chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
I can see Jake and Norm leaving their past lives behind much more readily than their language. I think they would actually prefer speaking English between themselves, and the occasional Na'vi for practice.

Nevertheless, this is a fun little one-shot. I would like to see you continue the democracy and schooling threads in future fics.

RDA spy chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
Very well written and within character.

I don't know if this was suppose to be a one-shot or not but what ever the circumstances, please continue writing.