Reviews for Coming to Terms
K5Rakitan chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Very nice! I too think that Kerry has been around a few times and already had her heart broken. One big break makes the rest easier.
Anna chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
I loved this- it's so different from the one you wrote that i read yesterday! I was really curious to see how you would write it from Kerry's POV- it works so well- I'm ashamed to say I'd never given her much thought before- great writing!
Zoser chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
What an excellent view into Kerry's heart and mind!
Obsessed Pam chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
'...with just enough lost hero mystique to titillate that genetic proclivity of needing to be his safe harbour.' Did I mention that you have a way with words? I should amend that to amazing gift!

I loved this take on the story and the fact that Kerry is real life, I-can-reach-out-and-touch-her real!
pain in the mikta chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
Wow! This so finely crafted: I love it!

Bravo!
Gen Varel chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
Fascinating in a sad kind of way from a professional woman's perspective, a woman that has been irreparably damaged by other relationships. Interesting.
Greeneyedzenggirl chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
Holy Hannah Anner... I have been (or am) in some of the places you write about. I cannot, for the life of me imagine how you could possibly write much of this so well if you'd not been there. For that I can only say I'm sorry. I honestly wish neither of us had to know.

My hope is to one day soon ready to have a relationship along these lines. Right now I'm working hard on healing. Right now I'm still more like Carter in "Down amoung the wreckage..."

Anyway, I love what you share with us, you have a gift. This was great, and I'm glad you addressed Kerry.

Sam
dpdp chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
Excellent.
Lutherian chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
I loved it. Well done.
Quinndolynn chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
I'm floored. This is twenty kinds of fantastic. It doesn't help that I have an extreme weakness for stories that paint the Other Woman as smart, rational, and worthy of affection, while still making OTP seem the better option (and only for good reason.) And boy is this ever an example of that. I loved Kerry's backstory. It puts a whole new spin on that arc, and I'm frankly grateful for it.
RowanDarkstar chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
Ooh, very very nice. I like this more fleshed out version of Kerry. Very intriguing. Works for me. And I like the sense that she isn't, then, saying Sam and Jack should get together and it will all be simple and happily-ever-after, but that she sees the inevitability, and might as well be honest about it. And the fact that knowing she says what she does in "Threads", encouraging him to not let Sam get away - when taken from the perspective and voice of this story, tells you that she hasn't really given up on the possibility of the value of love. Even as much as she's still denying it, maybe seeing them, pain and all, has re-awakened the desire and belief in herself. Oops, I think I babbled. Sorry.:D
ccdsah chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
Great story, I've always liked Kerry and this story is an amazing insight in her psyche.
i.m. nell chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
Nice interpretation of Kerry. Right from the first time I saw Kerry in Threads I thought she was a classy lady. A smart gal, too, for recognizing that Jack was in love with Sam Carter. So, Kerry did bow out and with class and grace!
polrobin chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
What's to be said? Perfect.
framework4 chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
Well done, very well done.