Reviews for The Date
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 3 . 5/31/2011
Heh, this was so funny.

J'aime ma vie chapter 3 . 5/30/2011
I don't have much else to say but:

AWWWW!

That was just too cute! Although, I don't know if that was what you were going for (Fair warning: My roommate was incubating chicken eggs for her embryology class and one of them just hatched today and its too adorable, so I was already squeeing when I read this), but I loved it. :) Gerald and Phoebe are just too sweet together, especially since they're so mellow.

I liked that you made Gerald timid in asking Phoebe out, because people often portray him as being this smooth talker, and while he knows how to keep things cool, you've added a real level of humanity to him in regards to his lack of confidence when it comes to asking out Phoebe. I felt that you captured his feelings, nervousness, and lack of confidence really well. I also loved how you wrote Phoebe and had her be the one to turn the tables on Gerald, since most people make her shy and timid when she's really so much more. It was nice seeing her be more confident and sure of herself, especially in this situation.

Great work! I always enjoy reading your writing. :)
Pyrex Shards chapter 2 . 11/11/2010
Oh lordy lordy, all a setup! :)

It's cool that you have an original character yet I already feel like she's been part of HA since its inception. You're good with OC's. They actually have depth and are not cookie cutter.

For some reason I got a Scott Pilgrim vibe from Death to Strangers. That's not a bad thing though as it kind of added to the color of both chapters.

So...

I am intrigued by the disclaimer and will now have to read all your stories over... Again...

Great work!
Pyrex Shards chapter 1 . 11/11/2010
Hey there! Long time no review! :/

Once again you never cease to amaze me at the spectrum of stories that you can write. Every single time I read something of yours, I find something new and intriguing. Something that other others rarely address or maybe skim over thinking no one would be interested. Take for instance, addressing Kyo's attitude towards Gerald within the contact of Gerald dating his daughter. There's obviously some interesting generational, fatherly, and even perhaps racial depths to Kyo's attitude towards Gerald, and it makes for great story.

We can see that both Gerald and Phoebe have to get her father to lighten up and trust Gerald. Ultimately it is Gerald who has to earn Kyo's trust, but it is kind of romantic that Phoebe is being Gerald's advocate while at the same time on defying her father.

All-in-all some great family moments in here.

I also like how you completely bash gender roles. In fact you do this routinely in your stories and it never gets old. Like in this story how Gerald is expecting Phoebe to cuddle with him for "protection" as the bad stuff plays on the TV, yet she ends up laughing much to his disappointment. But! It doesn't change his feelings towards Phoebe either. I think it makes this a realistic story and kudos to you for keeping that theme alive. :)

Well, on to chapter 2!
Thundercatroar chapter 2 . 10/25/2010
You know, a lot of people tend to just unluckily step into it, but I do so love it when people call Helga on her bull#&% ! Threatening to call her "Baby" as a pet name was just the icing on an already much too delicious cake.

"Can you figure out what I'm doing with my stories?"

That's why there's zombies, people trying to figure out God's grand scheme of things, and she got tired of it.

You need not worry about me however, I do well to know what day it is.

I can tell you I enjoyed this chapter, and can't wait for the next one though!

'Roar

(I'm also sorry it took me so long to review)
J'aime ma vie chapter 2 . 10/22/2010
I do love the extension you've added onto here. It's nice to see Helga helping Gerald and Phoebe along in coming together, and I did enjoy the little humor you used in Helga confronting Arnold, along with the locker room reference.

I read your fic numerous of times trying to figure out what you're doing; granted, I'm really short on time, but... whenever I thought of Lucy, and then you mentioned that she was a redhead, it made me think of Lucille Ball for some reason. *Shrugs*

This was a nice read, and I can't wait to see more of your work! :)
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 2 . 10/22/2010
Heh, nice one.

loonytunecrazy chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
Aw adoreable and cute one here
Thundercatroar chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
Ah, Gerobe, why does that roll off the tongue in such a wonderful way? Well, Pherald sounds like crap, but we could be here all night discussing the minutia of sobriquets in conjunction with affairs of the heart and individuals.

Doting dads refuse to admit it, but they *relish* playing the role of disapproving father, and Kyo seemed to be in his element, but one cannot help but love his concern for the one he calls his "Little Treasure".

I should hate myself for it, but I really enjoyed watching Gerald squirm under the gaze of Phoebes' dad, I think from instances in the show that Gerald fancies himself a ladies man, but thinking and doing are two different things. Anyway, I found myself rooting for him when he respectfully denied any ulterior motives, so maybe he's okay after all.

It was kind of strange to see no angsty should I or shouldn't I Arnold and Helga action since both characters were in attendance, but completely appreciated, I love the pairing, but everyone tends to indulge their bias and do the majority of their writing for that pairing, neglecting others. All of your work tends to give everyone at least a fair shake in the love department.

Loved it, favorited it, and shuttin' up, Chief.

'Roar
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
Heh, very nice one here.

Great job with Gerald and Phoebe.

J'aime ma vie chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
YAY for Gerald/Phoebe goodness. There is NONE of it on the site. Well, that's an exaggeration. There isn't as much of it when compared to the (over)abundance of Arnold/Helga. I noticed that Arnold wasn't at the party, but Helga was, so I'm wondering if this takes place during what would've been "The Pataki's", when Arnold moved away. That was an interesting, though subtle tidbit you put in there, but it does fit really well with that particular universe.

Their date was perfect. It reminds me so much of what Gerald/Phoebe's courtship is: laid back, mellow, somewhat in the background, and yet everyone thinks they're the cute couple. If anything, I think it's pretty safe to say that they'd be voted "Cutest Couple" by the peers in their high school. They're just so amazing together, but their courtship is the very epitome of calmness, in contrast with Arnold/Helga.

Anyway, this was a great oneshot centered on a very underrated, yet wonderful couple. I enjoyed reading this :)