Reviews for The Board
kyugan chapter 1 . 7/9
This pleases me.
azulkan2 chapter 1 . 6/21
Absolutely loved this story. I have to agree 100% with the "evaluations". Would love to have been a fly on the wall of the staff room after that meeting, lol.
ArtimuosJackson chapter 1 . 6/17
I don't think there was any mention of the board members of Hogwarts are from pure blood families.
Rake1810 chapter 1 . 6/11
Love this story. I took a good and evil lit class in college and we finished the course with HP and basically discussed all these points.
Queengi chapter 1 . 5/29
Great story!
Bronzze chapter 1 . 5/21
Lucy and his psyco fellows were as Imperiused as a rock! Once again they cried " I was Imperiused! " and passed a bag of gold to whomever they had to to get off. He and his type never thought about how to make the magical world better nor did they wish to improve it. They were and are afraid of change unless it gets them and their type more control. That extends to everything in the magical world. Why else would education be so far behind the rest of the world? Their thinking goes along the line of " It was good enough for my father and his father before him and his father before him. " Then you get into the area of idiots who believe whatever they're told without checking to be sure they're not being lied to. Lucy had the money to do a thorough background check on the supposed Dark Lord but didn't as he was saying everything Lucy wanted to hear. And eventually that lead to him being a follower and having to use the " I was Imperiused! " defense, along with a large bag of gold to however many Geezergamot members he had to to get off. Merlin only knows just how much he threw away backing Riddle in both wars! His ideas for Hogwarts would likely see it become a training center for Dark Mages. Think Death Eater Academy in the near future. That way he could have a ready made army for the next Dark Lord he throws the Malfoy family fortune behind. Unfortunately for him four young people got together and decided to improve the school as well as cleaning out the Death Eaters on the Board of Governors. It's really too bad the Ministry wasn't more honest with themselves. Had they been they'd've realized that by not using Veritaserum on all the prisoners they've left Voldemorts' infrastructure intact and ready for the next Dark Lord/Lady when he/she shows up.
Lanzecki chapter 1 . 5/18
Very nicely done indeed.
TheBear chapter 1 . 2/26
Re-reading this one again after someone emailed out the link on CaerAzkaban. I've always enjoyed it, and even though I don't particularly dislike McG, I'll admit to a bit of enjoyment at the justice being served for her unreservedly kowtowing to the manipulative one; Albus With Probable Brain Damage.
Rafiz Sterna chapter 1 . 1/26
Like it.
Vampireking40 chapter 1 . 12/6/2016
A very good little story. Loved how the took down Malfoy and his friends.
kitty2lion chapter 1 . 10/21/2016
good one
plumbknot57 chapter 1 . 9/30/2016
Very good, especially the justice.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/27/2016
Like the way you cut McG off at the knees. I always thought that Harry should have used Crucio on her instead of the DE in Book 7, given how firmly her lips were attached to Dumbles' wrinkled rump.

However, I don't think Sprout ever did anything for Harry when he was being harassed. It wasn't described and I can't remember where it was even implied.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/26/2016
Love the way you cut McG off at the knees. Harry should have thrown the Crucio at the spineless woman in Book 7, rather than the DE. Or perhaps earlier.

However, I don't think that Sprout ever did a thing to help Harry. If she did, it was certainly never shown, let alone implied.
jon reeve chapter 1 . 9/18/2016
Beautiful.

I don't think Sprout was supportive of Harry during the Triwizard debacle. I don't think she stopped the Puffs from wearing the badges.

It's tough going from one fic to another where the events are portrayed the same, but blame is distributed differently. Most often Dumbles gets tumbled, and they replace him with McG. In stories where she is lambasted(as she should be) Flitwick is promoted, and these stories also usually feature Luna forgiving him for being a shitty head of House. Sprout probably did the least wrong of the Heads, but she isn't snow-white either.

I also like how they were astonished at each other's wrong-doings while defending their own, but I'm not too sure they wouldn't have defended each other in canon.

After reading some of the reviews, I must again face the fact that I am apparently "dark," or at the very least "grey."

There is a very good point being made that they could be caught for poisoning people. But, whilst others assume untold details that would lead to that, I assume untold details that do otherwise.