Reviews for the way to find beauty in desperation
Raspberry Chicken chapter 1 . 5h
To be honest, I've never really liked Pansy- at all. In any way possible. In fact, I've never really thought about what would've happened to her after the war. But this opened me up to new ideas and a different perspective, and it told me that, whatever the case, Pansy is still human. Good job on this, I really liked it.
malfunctionjunction chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
I like characters like Pansy, even though I'd be on her opposite end, and I love your writing. I'm so glad that I was able to find it since you changed your name. This story is spectacular; I've always wondered what could've happened to Pansy after the war.
NeonStargurl chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
Does she become that girl? I wonder.
kinaabi chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
ohmygod. beautiful. that last line killed me. i think you've given me a new perspective while keeping her completely in character.
QueenMismatched chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
Finally: a good post-War story about Pansy. It's about friggin' time someone wrote one!
stars shine out chapter 1 . 4/26/2012
Wow. You just did the impossible... you just made me feel sorry for Pansy. And you did an excellent job of it!
TamariChan chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
Your writing is so gorgeous and emotional and I love this take on Pansy. You're one of my favorite fanfic authors of all time.
angels fly with starry wings chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
I have never met such a talented authoress such as yourself. I'm sitting here on the couch reading this and my mom asks me why my mouth is open.

I never liked Pansy. I don't think many people do. But you've made me really second-guess that.

/please/ do me a favor and keep writing.

~Ari
Jemennuie chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
I think you took the Mirror of Erised challenge and really gave it depth by including the details of what she used to be like, what the school was like after the war, and how she stumbled upon the Mirror; I'd never really thought about what happened to the mirror after the first book.
DanceThroughMyStory chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
Hi,

This was an amazingly well written story. I actually like Pansy in this... As much of a shuddering realization that is, I have to say that it was a wonderful story to read.

Congratulations on placing first!

~Trix
Perchance A Primrose chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
So sorry for the delay in the result for the Mirror of Erised Challenge. I've had all of these saved on a word document for a while and I was planning on posting them after the results were up but I decided to just post them now. Results will be up tomorrow!

Wow Ellie, this is fabulous. I was a little tenative putting Pansy on the list because I really can't stand her but you managed to really make me like her so for characterization 5/5.

Your grammar and spelling are impeccable so 5/5

Your originality is marvelous. I never thought of the mirror staying in the Chamber of the Stone but I do love seeing her run through the corridors to the end of it. So 5/5.

Creativity is also wonderful so 5/5

My only nitpick is that it doesn't really focus much around the mirror so I'm going to give you a 4/5 for relevance.

So overall that makes a 29/30!
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
Really impressive. You've really captured the Slytherin Princess who chose the losing side really well. Keep writing
WeatherWatch chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
I have serious goosebumps; like, the ones where you're almost static! This was incredible. It's a combination of old and new Pansy, and the inclusion of the protections that guarded the Philosopher's stone was just absolute magic.
coffee-stained lips chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
I have contemplated what others would see in the Mirror of Erised or as their Boggart, but never could I have sculpted such a masterpiece. Admittedly, Book Pansy repulsed me, but FanFic Pansy is portrayed as such a torn soul, just searching and wanting and waiting. The beauty of this stupefies me; I truly believe Pansy would've seen herself as beautiful and confident, and I'm glad someone with true talent was able to do just that.

Also, in response to your response to my review, thank you so much for thinking of doing those couples! It was really nice to get such a friendly reply to that, and I'm flattered you get delighted by my reviewing - probably not as delighted as I get by your fics, but still I am happy :-) I did the other Mystii challenge on the HPFC ('cause they all look so cool) and am anxiously awaiting to recieve my prompts. I'm starving for a

muse right now, like, bad! Ha ha. So, good fic, hoping for more, and for me to write. Bye!
Darkness' Embrace chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
This was very well written. Extremely hard to wrap the head around, but that's what makes it so beautiful. I commend you.