Reviews for For The Record
Guest chapter 1 . 4/10/2014
The first one made me a little wet, and this one made me tear up lol. You're a spectacular writer!
Alonsis2 chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
It's late here. Very late., and I should be asleep. Yet I am entranced by your works. You have a way of introducing the character's feelings to each other that is at a very smooth pace and your words almost make the story come to life.

If personal ratings mean anything, 10/10 from me, covering all your works thus far.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
great story. thanks for sharing. your vocabulary almost killed me, though lol (nit a native English speaker). this site needs more people like you.
Poetheather1 chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
That was a great follow up. The emotionality was good. The characters were consistent and the tone was excellent. Another very well done story. Thank you for this.
Tired as hell chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
Why did I have to stumble upon this so late at night?

It's nearly five in the morning, I have to be at work in three hours... and yet I feel oddly fulfilled to have read this.

Good job, truly. The story is magnificent in ways I can't describe whilst drunkenly tired, but thank you none the less. You sparked a feeling I've not felt in a long time.

~Thank you
Shortsis1 chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
I love this story, it's so romantic and in depth! This is definently on my fav list :3
lynettecullen chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
Awwww.

That was sweet and nice.
Fayneir chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
Brilliant.
Daryl chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
a very long story but well worth the time it takes to read it all the way through since it is so well written. i love the final scene between kim and shego. with all they have been through they deserve it
Slipgate chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
I find it very interesting that you've written a T-rated potential conclusion to 'Off the Record.'

From the details sprinkled throughout the narrative, the promise Shego made Kim in the last story was one she kept repeating through other, repeated encounters. Given that much time, I can understand why Kim would grow doubtful as to whether she was being had or not.

It is a well-painted image to see Kim's distress go so far as to have her crying after every mission, even if I didn't like to imagine that distress any more than the Shego of your story did.

I find it curious that there has been an 18-month period with no missions with Drakken or other situations in which to see Kim. Also, the image of Kim you paint... having grown slightly and with the glasses... is vividly enough painted as to be an interesting image to visualize. That 18 months must have been hard on Kim... and you want to believe it's been hard on Shego too, but you have to admit she wasn't crying all the time.

One thing I will definitely say is that you give Ron a fairer shake than you did in 'Off the Record.' I have found in fanfiction that when a person may not like a character that they can't help but inject that into their attempts to write the character somehow. I never explicitly stated it as such but language like describing Ron's voice as "reedy" in 'Off the Record' evoked the images of the typical language used by people who are either knowingly or unknowingly bashing characters, and thus for it was a low point in the previous narrative because it was stereotypically cliche behavior especially for many of the "KiGO" fics I've seen. It's literally a cliche in the sense that it's a device or turn of phrase you anticipate and expect before it happens, and feel robbed of an opportunity for something that doesn't "go that route" when the cliche plays out.

That said, I'm not talking about the last story now, I'm talking about this one. And this one has you definitely give Ron a fairer shake. You set him up as the guy who unconsciously had been hoping or expecting something with Kim and then found out it wouldn't happen and needed some time to recover. While I grant you that you probably don't love the character of Ron any more than you did before, it's definitely more compassionate to him to still see him as a friend and simultaneously realize that any man with romantic aspirations dashed will need a little space and time to recover before continuing that friendship. (Ah hah, hah, hah... moving along here.)

And while it's not my personal leaning, there was some sweet passion you were able to include in the end without failing the rating.

My two minor quibbles with the story as such are this: One, that I have to question Kim's real focus on her job if she's willing to not just let Shego get her obligation resolved but have no compunctions about living in a house that might've been paid for with blood money. I mean, we don't necessarily know Shego killed, but the possibility exists, and it renders the horror that she might die, when she's possibly killed others, as a little odd. But then, I suppose this is one of the skepticisms about the possibility of a relationship between Kim and Shego expressed in another way. My other quibble is really just a quibble, especially knowing what I know about how much you care about canon vs. telling a story - Anne's eyes are blue in the series while Kim's are green, but it sounded like you had them both described as green-eyed here. (I was actually reading about eye colors recently, and I'm intrigued given Kim's parentage how she netted green eyes - there's a possibility, but it strikes me as being slim.)

I have one other question about this narrative but I don't know that I'd put that in a review, so I'll PM it to you.
stuntbutt chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
Epic! i loved this. i know that you wrote this a as conclusion but i think you might be albe to squeeze another stroy out of his plot line. again i think you have a masterful writing style. very soft and precises, makes me feel the story if that makes sense.
angel0wonder chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
Kya~ They are so cute together! I love how you portray them in your stories, I feel like they're genuin and the analyzation of Shego's thoughts are just incredibly insightful. And your style of writing is to die for! (So jealous!) Everything is described so eloquently, I feel like I'm reading an original work by a professional writer as if the characters are your own. (you're probably a pro writer in real life, aren't you?) Well, I'm officially a big fan of yours and I'm looking forward to whatever else you write!
Jcsgc1 chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
Yay! An awesome sequel.. I love a happy ending!
longnite chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
A bitter sweet victory for this lovely follow up from your last story. Liked the character development and the detail provided for the motivations for each person involved. Shego will surely have a great deal to make up for...but her enthusiasm to the task at hand will bring more then a smile to a certain red heads face!

Also enjoyed the dialogue between Ann and Shego in this one. The protective mother bear image is in full force here and one that brings more then a few laughs. You can see the prospective mother in law laying down the law here...and making a certain green goddess more then a little nervous! You made them a joy to follow!

A very sweet ending to this one as well. Had to love the full circle feel...having Shego expressing her feelings and mirroring Kim's previous feelings perfectly. The reward is the final declaration and ability to express Shego's feelings. Outstanding that...really well done!;)
Madhatterak chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
It was so sweeet, it made me teeth hurt :P It was good.