Reviews for In Mind and Heart
nikkithedead chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
" Even better if he then fed Karofsky's brains to his loyal pack of zombies (they follow him everywhere doing his bidding so long as it's death-related, and that's how he got Karofsky's head off his shoulders in the first place)."

This is a brilliant sentence, and now I'm almost sad that you don't write canon-Finn because I would LOVE his character if you did.

This whole story was crazy sweet and beautiful, and it reminds me why I used to ship Kinn so hard (before season two ruined Finn in my eyes)
livin-la-vida-loki-d chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
Wait, zombies?

Just kidding, that was adorable. :)
Ella Greggs chapter 1 . 12/20/2010
I liked how you portrayed Finn in this story, almost smart enough to understand what was going on in his world or what was being said to him. And just shrugging off everything he doesn't understand. The whole business about zombies and "a crazy sharp bladed contraption" was funny and also something I could see Finn's character imagining. I also liked your observation that some part of Finn would be flattered Kurt still liked him in that way, that it would make him feel special. And Kurt was pretty good, too, particularly his dialogue. I wish the show's writers would have him apologize to Finn, because he really should have. But I think it would be a bit much for Kurt to try to get Finn to skip down the hall Wizard of Oz-style. I didn't understand the line: "Did you forget your phone again? Because I meant it when I said we'd leave it the next time." So not sure what you were getting at there. My only other constructive criticism is that I feel the story ended abruptly. There was no 'down beat' or 'duh-dum' kind of rhythm, if you know what I mean. It just seemed to stop in mid-banter. So maybe a concluding sentence would be good to add. But overall I really liked your Finn, and wouldn't mind seeing more of him. Favorite lines:

- Finn was pretty sure this was a stupid conversation, and not in any of the ways he might've called stupid good. It wasn't stupid funny, and it wasn't stupid, time-wasting, nonsensical fun. It was the kind of stupid that made him want to hit something.

- It was always weird when Kurt hugged him because Finn usually couldn't tell if it was a good hug or a be-gay-for-me hug.

- There were too many football plays, musical numbers, historical dates, Spanish words, math rules, and non-awesome science being shoved into his brain for everything to stick. They could at least teach him how to blow things up.
Emma CS Me chapter 1 . 10/6/2010
Aww, that's adorable! I think you've got a good handle on how Kurt's meant to deal with his crush/move on. Because way too much fanfic portrays him as just snapping out of it way too easily, and this seems like a more realistic version. This sort of thing would totally happen.
matchbookjealousy chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
awww brother love. the best kind for kurt/finn stories. nice job. i liked the random zombie comment. it reminded me of when finn referenced the terminator movies in S1. nice job. :)
The Chocolate Alchemist chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
kitsunechibiko chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
Ah, boys... There should totally be more bonding-over-bad-manners brother fics. This was too cyoot! Much luv!
vcg73 chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
This is nice. There really aren't enough Kurt & Finn friendship fics out there. Nice to see somebody not turn them into a slashy couple for a change. :)