Reviews for Haggard
Femkemarise chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
Wow! Just wow!
feyathene chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
Yea, it's me again, stupid thing won't let you leave more than one review per chapter, hence the not really signed in thing, anyway, to the point:

I've decided I love you! I've had time to process, obviously, and I liked the fic before I processed, but now that I've ruminated I like it even more.

The reasons for this mainly rest on 10 waking up and saying "I don't know what kind of man I am" (or something rather similar). So we know what kind of man 10 became when he woke up to the Sycorax(sp?) Christmas invasion (after Rose loyally toting him around and needing his help and whatnot), but we don't know the kind of man he would've become if he'd woken up under other circumstances.

So that just makes the whole thing seem way more plausible, a tipping point for the branching off of a whole new universe. Instead of waking up to being haphazardly taken care of he wakes up after being competently cared for, so hey, maybe Jack's useful to have around.

He's just completed a regeneration so it's time for all that he knows of himself and his kind to be reevaluated in his head. We know 10 is perfectly capable of believing he can do whatever the fuck he wants under the right/wrong circumstances (Waters of Mars/Martian Waters/whatever, you know the one), so I see no reason why this potential Time Lord Victorious would see an out for not having a constant companion for the rest of his life and not take it. Regardless of what obtaining that companion might necessitate, the ends would totally justify the means, the ends being the Doctor never being alone again.

Obviously the hurt of being the last of his kind had been pretty visible in 9, so I see no reason it might be any less there in 10 except that as a new man he chose not to dwell on it. If he woke up and realized there was someone who could keep up with him that way, especially considering this is just coming off the 'stupid apes' persona, coupled with the wrongness of Jack's existence, I see no reason the Doctor wouldn't want to keep Jack, because hell, he's just ripe for having most of his person-hood stripped away.

...and now I feel like I've totally over thought this. Well that's what I get for majoring in Literary Criticism.

Anyway, yes, you're awesome, really like your story, I'm done now. ~wave~
feyathene chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
That was so depressing...I hate you so much right now, not really, but yea. Just, just, wow. I honestly don't know what to say. I love your Doctor though, he's just so...Time Lordly, you know, the kind of officious bastard all the other Time Lords are depicted as. I feel so horrible for Jack, p-p-poor Jack.

Yea, my mind is still reeling. I'm inexplicably reminded of an HP fic called "Anything But Slytherin," but that's neither here nor there. An awesome work, definitely going on my faves list.
Pluma Desatada chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
this fic tickled me in so many ways it's not even funny.

I LOVE Jack-as-10's-companion. New favorite fic flavour.

Also: YOU'VE GOT A BLACK BELT IN WHO-FU.

that is all.
Slayergirl chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
Wow... only four reviews? I loved this, so much! Thank you for writing it. And I love the last part - the analogy with falconry. Very apposite!

SG
deadanddeleted chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
fantastoc story, though the Doctor really scares me in it!
Ne'ith5 chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
Loved the new AU! Will there be more? I hope so! This is an excellent alternative to what RTD envisioned, in "Parting of the Ways". I also love your depiction of Rose, and I'm not usually a fan of hers. Everyone reads true to character I can see Jack's need to be free, understand the Doctor's cleverness and pain and feel for Rose. Great chapter!
YellowDancer chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
An excellent story! I'm not a big Rose fan (especially when it comes to fanfic and the way most writers write her), so I was hesitant to read this at first. I am a huge Jack fan though, which is what made me give it a try. I'm really glad I did. The premise was interesting and the execution was spot on throughout. I think I find the insight into the doctor's thoughts at the end to be the best part because I think it's far better than the reaction he has in the show. The doctor has never seemed capable of seeing the potential in Jack in the show and I have always found that to be disappointing.

Thanks for an excellent story!
Callette chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
Wow. This was MUCH darker than I'd been expecting, but you kept the characters very true to themselves. I've never read this kind of story about an alternate ending to Parting of the Ways, but it was a really interesting take. Very well written. I liked the POV changes... the story wouldn't have worked without them, but with them it fit really well.

Thanks for this.