Reviews for Erised
Triva chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
This is a fascinating story, and something that I believe many people can identify with. It is an amazing work, because it contains so much-imagery, plot, emotion, relationships. I found the working in of nuclear weaponry to be very clever and thought provoking.

It makes me think, and going by some of the reviews I read, it has made other people think as well, about my life, and how I want to avoid her situation, and yet identify with it already. It is a beautiful and wonderfully well written piece.
YourOwnPath chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
It is an interesting story. Really made me think.
CountessCzan chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
Truth is written in words in this story. Hermione.. Hermione's settled for a life she doesn't want, a life that is repetitive and utterly un-Hermione. I never liked how JKR made her end up with Ron, because no matter how they argue or what, they lack something between. Ron's.. not a challenge for her. This is utterly true. She was almost just like a common housewife.
golojolo chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
Interesting idea and its strange that I sometimes find myself thinking of odd little scenarios in my head of what I'll find when I return home as well and it's a beautiful fic and makes lots of sense considering she spent her childhood and the beginning of her adulthood fighting a war and being in danger every year and dealing with the aftermath so of course it would make sense that she would feel a bit dissatisfied with her life and I like how Ron's content with his life with a family all grown up and safe and a wife that he loves he would be
Charmice chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
That. was. deep. You are a really talented/fantastic/great/spectacular/*insert more complimentary adjectives here* writer! Especially if I'm reading a fanfic that doesn't have that spine-tingling romance in it. GREAT JOB!
seniorforayear07 chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
Extremely well written if not a bit saddening.
SaffronDaise chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
It's fascinating and beautifully worded—it's also quite sad. That is, I think one of the saddest endings a wonderful life can wind it's way too (being merely [mostly] content, that is).

I really enjoyed that moment of Hermione's wonderings getting away from her there; my heart rate started picking up and I just felt excited—and then proportionally disappointed when there was nothing different for her to come home to.

Really cool, all in all.
Transreal Clouden chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
This story is incredibly creepy and haunting while having no sense of outright danger. It's really hard to put this kind of tension into a story without a clear external enemy. Good job.
Lost Soul Here chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
This was lovely. Truly lovely. I don't know, I just really liked it. Hm.
Susan of Zog chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
Lovely. Sweet and sad and well, just *life*. In a nutshell...
Shubhs chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
DUDE! I love this! 3

GBTtown chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
If ever there were a better reason for Harmony, I haven't read it.
aimdiscordhotmail.com chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
Oh... Goodness. This is my life. No, really. Every word, I felt like I was reading MY LIFE ON PAPER. (Except for the explanation of the magical accident. I've never had to worry about extra ears growing on people.) We've only been married for one year, and after reading the story, I have this vision that my life will do this for 27 years, and I am absolutely appalled... Erghk. So, technically this was a life-changing story, for me to read it now. Or maybe not. As Hermione points out, toward the end, she made a habit of doing nothing, so why change?
Khyharah chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
So sad and yet so true for so many people! This is oddly enough how I see their marriage after so long. Hermione needs a challenge and Ron is not it. I never Greed with jkr putting them together in the first place. Excellent story :)
Kudou Shinichi chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
I doubt Hermione would be the head of the department of magical law enforcement. Although she derives some satisfaction from being bossy and in control and her heart would lend itself to protecting others, she derives more satisfaction from learning and teaching. That said, I could totally imagine a boring existence with Ron. Ron is lame.