Reviews for Shire Tales in Rivendell
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
Again, I would like to say you have a good set of Shire tales.

After some initial debating with myself, I have decided to put this story into my community. I know my community is mostly centered on Frodo Baggins, but since your tales a balance between Sam's narration and with Frodo being in some forefront of the story, this seemed like an appropriate story to put in the community. Plus, you keep Sam in-character, as well as Frodo, which I appreciate, along with how close the story connects with the events in the first book, when Sam awaits Frodo's awakening from his Nazgul wound. Is this all right with you?

-Aria Breuer
Aria Breuer chapter 3 . 3/11/2013
These were nice tales Sam had from the Shire.

At first, I thought the hobbits were going to be in Rivendell at the time of the tales, but it seems my assumption was off. Sam was in-character as he told Frodo the three tales of their youth. Unlike other reviewers, the more Sam is in-character, the more I only think he has lived a simplistic life and longs to be back in the Shire.

Still, you did a nice job. I'm just not a fan of Sam's and like him only.

-Aria Breuer
rabidsamfan chapter 3 . 3/6/2004
Wonderful! I love the way you write Sam, and the incidents you've created in their history. I also like the way you've put it all at Rivendell during that awful three days. Scratched a plotbunny of mine that I wanted to read more than I wanted to write! Thank you!
Talking Hawk chapter 3 . 7/18/2002
Frodo gives drugs to children! (takes out a large sledgehammer)

Ah, just kidding. It was so sweet when Sam was all happy that Frodo had taken him on the trip...aww. And you know what's cool? The following passage sort of reminds me of a story I wrote - "May It Be So." I think it's very cool when two stories sort of link up together, especially without meaning to:

"I'd never been gladder to be a Gamgee, because I knew that was just what I was to do; just like my old Dad watched out for Mr. Baggins before, I'd watch over you."

You see, in my "May It Be So" story/series, it's about Frodo and Sam in the pre-mortal life, before being born. Sam is given the choice of whether to be a Gamgee or to be born an Elf and. . . Oh, I'll spoil it if I say anymore. I'd very much appreciate it if you read it. )

(Finishes story.) Ooooooohhh..! How sweeeeeet..! Dangit, it's beautiful. I loved it. I think you might've just inspired me to write a bit of something that you didn't touch upon... I'll give you due credit, of course. D Tah tah and keep up the good work!
Talking Hawk chapter 2 . 7/18/2002
AWWWWWWW! It was so sweet when Sam was worried about Frodo after the fight... Aw. ) I think I just laughed and rolled my eyes when Frodo and Halfast when at it...jeez. Boys are dense, aren't they? (winks) Just kidding. Awesome story. Onto the next chapter..!
Floria Tosca chapter 3 . 6/15/2002
These are great! I really like the way you write Sam's voice, and the stories themselves. The other hobbits were also well-drawn in their cameos. Some of the things Sam says remind me a bit of VB's Phantom Pain. (Her "Gamgees take care of things")
IloveSam chapter 1 . 5/16/2002
Oh! This is really cute! I love stories about a young Sam, he's so sweet! Please tell me this is not the end of your story yet, you really must continue!
Deezley chapter 1 . 3/11/2002
Hi! I actully belong to your mailing list, and I wanted to tell you how much I had enjoyed this fic, then it came to me, but of course, on fanfiction! Anyway, I absolutly loved this story, it's so fun having them delivered straight to my e-mail! It's like a little surprise. Anyways, these stories were so fabulous, I was about to cry. I don't know what else to say, you always seem to capture that Tolken-eske quality. I love it! Anyone who likes this should join her Yahoo Group... Okay, I'm done adverstising...

Laurelindorian chapter 3 . 3/2/2002
I have just finished reading all three tales and am moved to tears. You seem to have captured Sam in all of his simplicity and tenderness. Write more!
Guest chapter 3 . 3/2/2002
Is that THE end? If it is, I'm going to cry! I loved this so much! It was so adorable! Write more! Sam was so cute and Frodo was portrayed perfectly! You also have Sam's lingo down to a tee! I also loved that you included Merry and Pip in the stories! It really brought them to life! Excellent job!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/2/2002
This is so cute! I simply HAVE to read more, but I promise that when I finish all the chapters, I'll leave you a big, fat review! :)
Lotesse chapter 1 . 3/2/2002
Huzza! Baby!Sam stories! That, dear, was abso-bally-utely lovely. You write so well in Sam's voice...I can just hear him talkin' away in my head as I read.

Magic Soap! Perhaps Elvish?

The foreshadowing of Frodo telling little three-year-old Sam about magic Elven-ships sailing across the sea is practically heart-wrenching-got a nice sniff out of me, it did.

Niggle: not so nice, unhyphenated. I think.
Invidi chapter 3 . 3/2/2002
My, my, my, that was quite catching! I love reading stories about elves and the like, but this little piece was a welcome change in pace! This was wonderful, positively enchanting! I could see everything you were describing perfectly and it's great to see that you did your research too. ) I have a whole new insight for Hobbits now, and I thank you kindly for giving me such an awsome inside look. This really DID happen, even if you just wrote it, it happened. So there. ::stubbornly crosses her arms:: Keep writing! ~*Invidi*~ Two thumbs up, by the way!
Jen Lewis chapter 3 . 3/2/2002
WOW! I'm glad you wrote this. It seems to fit perfectly into the books.
Eileen chapter 3 . 3/2/2002
I can't believe no one's reviewed this! It's so sweet, and not slashy at all. And well-researched as well. (I'm a bit sloppy on research myself.) Such a pity it's over already, but perhaps you could write a sequel?