Reviews for Detachment
YoreReader chapter 1 . 12/12/2013
Actually, it did come off like Annie's distanced herself from everything. She seemed numbed and detached. This after her crying bout before the funeral. But after? Yup, distant until she lets Auggie hold her in comfort.
guest chapter 1 . 7/12/2013
Aww, sad but cute, poor Annie. I don't like ben, never have and never will but i love Annie and Auggie together. :)
farmgirl1964 chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
I really liked it. It was perfect. Sometimes words just get in the way.
MistressSunshine chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
Wow.

Present tense completely and wonderfully works for this fic; I don't think you could have written it any other way. I understand how you feel about said tense, but I've run into a few stories that have demanded to be told as they happen, like this one - and you just have to obey them. That's when you end up with something like this.

I'm a new fan of this series, but from the word 'go' I fell head over heels for Auggie - and I seriously love how Annie's finally waking up to what's been staring her in the face - or just over her shoulder - all this time.

This fic really made me smile - for a moment I was a little distressed when Annie literally stripped in his bedroom, I'll admit, but from that moment on this was a completely sweet and realistic scene. Comfort like that is one of the most precious and most intimate things in the world - and you portrayed it beautifully. Brava.
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
Liked this.
Grizzie chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
Nice job. Like you, I prefer the third person omniscient to first person, but you wrote it relatively well. I like the relationship you've established between Auggie and Annie...can't wait to see more!
pixiestix16 chapter 1 . 10/29/2010
lovely, absolutely lovely. i really appreciate it when authors step outside their comfort zone and experiment, even more so when they are as talented as you. this story was a complete success in my book. it even had an air of... well, annie at her breaking point. it didn't just feel like someone writing a story that was sad, or grieving, or whatever, but a story that FELT like those emotions to. kinda like if a story could have a scent, if that makes any sense. it wasn't just the story that held the emotion, but the syntax and actual words as well. and the ending... sigh, it was perfect.
Grace Hightower chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
Squee! This is too damn cute! I wish that Auggie and Annie would really get together. I mean, he's always there for her, right? And they're sooooooooooooooooo cute together. XD Fangirl moment is over. Point is, you're a really good writer and this story is amazingly adorable. Aside from the sad stuff, I mean. :)
Berrica chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
Okay, first, YES! to everything in your AN/rant!Except, they didn't actually say Liza was sleeping with Henry Wilcox, just talking to him. But seriously, horrible casting job. The only thing I can think is that Jai is actually a step-son. Then it might make sense.

BTW, I'm including your views on tense in the category of things I agree with. Most of the time, if I find a story in present tense, I just translate it to past as I read. But you're right, I like this how it is. This is such an unusual fandom. Somehow, I keep ending up in first person when writing stories.

Second, your fic. To be honest, I've been putting off reading this one. I've read many others that you have written, and I like your style very much. But I have to be in a certain mood to read angst, and I just haven't been lately. I've been on a fluff high, cuz seriously, Auggie and Annie are adorable.

But as of last night, I'm officially on the angst train, and so I finally read this. I love it. You did such an amazing job. My favorite part is the unspoken understanding between her and Auggie. It speaks of an unbreakable friendship, which, really, is what I want most for the two of them. Anything else will follow from that.

Anyway, wonderful, wonderful story. I can't wait to read whatever you post next.
remuslives chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
The tense was a little distracting at first, present tense fics throw me off, lol. i dread trying to write one. i really loved this. and not a single word of dialogue, spectacular. and somehow deeper than a bunch of blabbering. i think this may be my new fave of yours. it just makes me want to sigh and snuggle with my hubby. beautiful job!
Lady Light chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
Very nicely written :). There need to be more guys like Auggie in the real world.
Beth - Geek Chick chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
Ugh, I could have SWORN I left a review for this story, guess I didn't. Sorry.

I read this soon after you posted it, and was completely blown away. It wasn't until I was done that I realized there wasn't a word of dialogue. Absolutely beautiful and well-written. But then again, I like all your stories. :)
Whoaa Kayy chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
This was beautiful, honestly. I prefered it in present tense, and the distance conveyed throughout it just made it all the more perfect. I love the irony you write in here, about Ben being buried. It fits so well.

I know what you mean about the leak thing. I read a theory somewhere about Liza stealing Auggie's ID card and access codes to get her info, simletaneously pinning Auggie as the leak even though he wasn't it. That one interested me, but I agree with you: Henry was such a let down.

Can't wait for more stuff! And you better keep writing even though there are no more epi-shots to make!
Viktorija chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
I absolutely loved it! It was different, but not in a bad way, at least not for me. :) Great job!
ComicalEpiphanies chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
You did a marvelous job. I know how frustrating present tense can be, but you wrangled it fine. I think this is either my favorite of the collection or one of them. Kudos.