Reviews for A Long Way From Home
edboy4926 chapter 27 . 6/29
Good story.
Hope you continue.
Wonder how this story would be if you implemented what is currently happening in 40k.
simjustin88 chapter 27 . 6/18
I loved your work on Two Galaxy's Saga because it's an orgy of everything you ever loved about Star Wars and Warhammer 40k coming together! I particularly loved the epic space battles! Then when I read A Long Way From Home, it's grittier, darker and even better! Please continue this story, you're too talented to leave this hanging!
Joey Yong chapter 27 . 6/9
Just came across this work of yours, I read through all of it from the beginning in one setting.
It was very enjoyable and as fan of both fantasies I can easily say you did a good portrayal as well as fitting story, despite minor inconsistencies lore-wise and the misspellings.
Will be looking forward to the continuation of this work, my friend and may the Force and the Emperor's holy blessings be with you.
Aj chapter 8 . 5/15
Void shields on Wh40k ships don't work that way. They absorb damage all at once. You can't whittle down void shields. They have to be taken out all at once, otherwise shoots would be pointless. If the shot doesn't shatter the shield, it's as though it was never shot in the first place. Other than that you're doing a great job!
Aj chapter 4 . 5/15
Deys luky us orkboys wasnt dere to got a right good scrappin wit dem alliance-humies!
Anonymous person chapter 27 . 3/27
i f*cking love it
jhaynes0529 chapter 5 . 3/16
sorry about all of the reviews but keep going with the story, Darth Malleus. Pg.544 Know No takes out his compass, and checks the bearing as best he can.
Thrascias. It still seems to be Thrascias. That used to be the word for the wind from the north-north-west, before the cardinal points of the compass rose were co-opted for other purposes and given more esoteric meanings. Thrascias. That's what the Grekans called it. That's what they called it when he sailed back across the sun-kissed waters to Thessaly in Iason's crew, with a witch and a sheep-skin to show for their efforts. The Romanii, they called it Circius. Down in the oardecks of the galleys, he hadn't much cared about the names of the winds they were rowing against. The Franks called it Nordvuestroni."() This was no cavern. Was this entire space, the walls and floor, the air and every molecule within it, part of some vast intelligence, a being or construct of ancient malice and phenomenal, primeval power? Such a thing had no name; for what use would a being that had brought entire civilisations into existence and then snuffed them out on a whim have of a name? It had been abroad in the galaxy for millions of years before humanity had been a breath in the creator’s mouth, had drunk the hearts of stars and been worshipped as a god in a thousand galaxies.
It was everywhere and nowhere at once. All powerful and trapped at the same time.
Mechanicum Pg.572
jhaynes0529 chapter 7 . 3/16
but nonetheless Darth Malleus continue the story its good. "Glutted on the life force of the Necrontyr, the empowered C'Tan were nigh unstoppable and unleashed forces beyond comprehension. Planets were razed, suns extinguished and whole systems devoured by black holes called into being by the reality warping powers of the star gods."
Pg.9 Necron Codex 5E
jhaynes0529 chapter 25 . 3/16
And besides , no force user has ever achieved immortality. Not even Vitiate, Sidious or the ones. Put the Emperor and Sidious in each others shoes like from the Emperor's youth in 8000BC then Sidious would die of old age long, long before he could even fight the void dragon. There is no way even with a force storm Sidious can defeat the void dragon. Why ? Because the void dragon is a Godlike , primordial being that at full power can create blackholes and destroy solar systems as per Necron codex. Sidious is mortal so he would die of old age long before he could even fight the void dragon in 3rd century Libya Cyrene/Silene. "
jhaynes0529 chapter 23 . 3/16
This has been on my mind Darth malleus which 40k books have you read ? I'm interested in the ones that show super old immortals like the Emperor and Oll Persson on Earth in ancient real-life times like the Emperor defeating the void dragon as Saint George in 40k books ' Mechanicum' and ' The Last Church '. Oll Persson is a retired Imperium soldier that took up farming on Calth as shown in ' Know No Fear ' by Dan Abnett, but it was shown he is an immortal that around on Earth since at the very least ancient Greece. " sailed back across the sun-kissed waters to Thessaly in Iason's crew with a witch and a sheep skin to show for their efforts". Sailed with Jason and the Argonauts. I'm not getting this information from wikis I'm getting it from the books. I'm not being biased when I say psykers and the warp are much more powerful than force and force users. Khayon in ' Talon Of Horus ' tossed a starship at a planet called Harmony so hard it caused visible damage , caused tremors all over thr planet . A head injured navigator in ' Sanctus ' part of ' Architect of fate ' reshaped a planet , raised mountains, pulled an entire planet and sector into a time loop he created . Not to mention you can achieve the ultimate prize : immortality. You can become a immortal , eternal daemon prince, and the the prehistoric shamans of Old Earth achieved immortality by reincarnating into the Emperor in Anatolia 8000BC. " it smashed into the earth with the force of the war-god's axe. Every eye I had been looking through suddenly went blind . Every sense I had been sharing went dark and cold. From orbit , all we could sense was the spreading blackness of choking smoke blooming over the city . Our sensors detected tectonic unrest grave enough to send tremors rippling across the other side of the world. Harmony itself was heaving with torment ". -Talon Of Horus. Sure, the Alliance has technological superiority over the Imperium , but the Imperium's psykers and Emperor are massively more powerful than Star Wars parts.
jhaynes0529 chapter 13 . 3/6
.Sorry about this Darth Malleus, but can you respond to my latest pm ? The one about Ollanius Pius/Oll Persson ?
jhaynes0529 chapter 20 . 2/20
_ just one more thing, Darth malleus. If the sith end up in 40k they will probably fall to chaos. Chaos can grant immortality as a daemon prince. Realm of chaos the lost and the damned page 87 " The Lesser powers of chaos " on " Independent daemons " sub chapter says this.
jhaynes0529 chapter 17 . 2/20
The c'tan at full power can create blackholes and destroy solar systems. Shown in Necron codex. I can get the quotes.
tempestguard chapter 27 . 2/20
When's the next update?
jhaynes0529 chapter 19 . 1/7
Since when do Jedi have beings with "ethereal power beyond mortal mens understanding " ? The ones are not even immortal , Father said it. Space marines are explicitly stated as immortal in Horus Rising Horus Heresy novel. The Alliance has never, ever fought against anything like Chaos. Chaos has near-comic level of reality warping power.