Reviews for A Long Way From Home
duuuude, I just found this! could NOT stop reading. its amazing but I get why you stopped, such a epic tale has no end in sight
Parker chapter 27 . 1/5
jhaynes0529 chapter 22 . 12/2/2017
If you do 40k again, Darth Malleus - The Emperor's views on xenos is...not so simple. The Council of Terra voted to make the Laer a part of the Imperium. Fulgrim, going by Index Astartes source, killed them Chaos free, and Chaos corrupted going by the Horus Heresy series. Horus, in Dan Abnett's "Horus Rising", came across the human Interex living peacefully with the alien Kinebrach. Many, especially Abaddon, were upset at this. Horus opened negotiations with the Interex. He believed the Emperor would make peace with the Interex and mentioned the False Imperium, ruled by the fake Emperor of Mankind, that thought it was the real Terra. He regretted the uneeded bloodshed incorporating the Fake Imperium and said the Emperor would have made peace. Of course, newer books like "Horus Heresy Book One - Betrayal" show the Emperor didn't hesitate to massacre alien species that posed any real threat to humanity, and mostly promoted human superiority.
jhaynes0529 chapter 24 . 12/2/2017
Darth Malleus, if you ever get back into 40k, read "Realm of Chaos : The lost and the Damned" on Scribd. There are eight editions in 40k, currently in eighth edition. The Emperor's shaman origin was printed in First edition, also called Rogue Trader, or First edition Rogue Trader. In "Realm of Chaos : The lost and the Damned" starting page 174, to be more precise - First edition Rogue Trader book published 1990. Realm of Chaos : The lost and the Damned can be read on Scribd, bought on eBay. eBay has hefty prices for Realm of Chaos : The lost and the Damned, so Scribd is cheaper. I bought Realm of Chaos : The lost and the Damned on eBay - its already being shipped to my house from eBay. Relevant pages are 174 to 188.
Crembels chapter 27 . 10/10/2017
Just read through all of this. Im a 40k fanboy to be sure, but i greatly enjoyed what you've got here. I loved Two Galaxy's Saga as well.

I hope you continue this sometime! :(
edboy4926 chapter 27 . 6/29/2017
Good story.
Hope you continue.
Wonder how this story would be if you implemented what is currently happening in 40k.
simjustin88 chapter 27 . 6/18/2017
I loved your work on Two Galaxy's Saga because it's an orgy of everything you ever loved about Star Wars and Warhammer 40k coming together! I particularly loved the epic space battles! Then when I read A Long Way From Home, it's grittier, darker and even better! Please continue this story, you're too talented to leave this hanging!
Joey Yong chapter 27 . 6/9/2017
Just came across this work of yours, I read through all of it from the beginning in one setting.
It was very enjoyable and as fan of both fantasies I can easily say you did a good portrayal as well as fitting story, despite minor inconsistencies lore-wise and the misspellings.
Will be looking forward to the continuation of this work, my friend and may the Force and the Emperor's holy blessings be with you.
Aj chapter 8 . 5/15/2017
Void shields on Wh40k ships don't work that way. They absorb damage all at once. You can't whittle down void shields. They have to be taken out all at once, otherwise shoots would be pointless. If the shot doesn't shatter the shield, it's as though it was never shot in the first place. Other than that you're doing a great job!
Aj chapter 4 . 5/15/2017
Deys luky us orkboys wasnt dere to got a right good scrappin wit dem alliance-humies!
Anonymous person chapter 27 . 3/27/2017
i f*cking love it
jhaynes0529 chapter 5 . 3/16/2017
sorry about all of the reviews but keep going with the story, Darth Malleus. Pg.544 Know No takes out his compass, and checks the bearing as best he can.
Thrascias. It still seems to be Thrascias. That used to be the word for the wind from the north-north-west, before the cardinal points of the compass rose were co-opted for other purposes and given more esoteric meanings. Thrascias. That's what the Grekans called it. That's what they called it when he sailed back across the sun-kissed waters to Thessaly in Iason's crew, with a witch and a sheep-skin to show for their efforts. The Romanii, they called it Circius. Down in the oardecks of the galleys, he hadn't much cared about the names of the winds they were rowing against. The Franks called it Nordvuestroni."() This was no cavern. Was this entire space, the walls and floor, the air and every molecule within it, part of some vast intelligence, a being or construct of ancient malice and phenomenal, primeval power? Such a thing had no name; for what use would a being that had brought entire civilisations into existence and then snuffed them out on a whim have of a name? It had been abroad in the galaxy for millions of years before humanity had been a breath in the creator’s mouth, had drunk the hearts of stars and been worshipped as a god in a thousand galaxies.
It was everywhere and nowhere at once. All powerful and trapped at the same time.
Mechanicum Pg.572
jhaynes0529 chapter 7 . 3/16/2017
but nonetheless Darth Malleus continue the story its good. "Glutted on the life force of the Necrontyr, the empowered C'Tan were nigh unstoppable and unleashed forces beyond comprehension. Planets were razed, suns extinguished and whole systems devoured by black holes called into being by the reality warping powers of the star gods."
Pg.9 Necron Codex 5E
jhaynes0529 chapter 25 . 3/16/2017
And besides , no force user has ever achieved immortality. Not even Vitiate, Sidious or the ones. Put the Emperor and Sidious in each others shoes like from the Emperor's youth in 8000BC then Sidious would die of old age long, long before he could even fight the void dragon. There is no way even with a force storm Sidious can defeat the void dragon. Why ? Because the void dragon is a Godlike , primordial being that at full power can create blackholes and destroy solar systems as per Necron codex. Sidious is mortal so he would die of old age long before he could even fight the void dragon in 3rd century Libya Cyrene/Silene. "
jhaynes0529 chapter 23 . 3/16/2017
This has been on my mind Darth malleus which 40k books have you read ? I'm interested in the ones that show super old immortals like the Emperor and Oll Persson on Earth in ancient real-life times like the Emperor defeating the void dragon as Saint George in 40k books ' Mechanicum' and ' The Last Church '. Oll Persson is a retired Imperium soldier that took up farming on Calth as shown in ' Know No Fear ' by Dan Abnett, but it was shown he is an immortal that around on Earth since at the very least ancient Greece. " sailed back across the sun-kissed waters to Thessaly in Iason's crew with a witch and a sheep skin to show for their efforts". Sailed with Jason and the Argonauts. I'm not getting this information from wikis I'm getting it from the books. I'm not being biased when I say psykers and the warp are much more powerful than force and force users. Khayon in ' Talon Of Horus ' tossed a starship at a planet called Harmony so hard it caused visible damage , caused tremors all over thr planet . A head injured navigator in ' Sanctus ' part of ' Architect of fate ' reshaped a planet , raised mountains, pulled an entire planet and sector into a time loop he created . Not to mention you can achieve the ultimate prize : immortality. You can become a immortal , eternal daemon prince, and the the prehistoric shamans of Old Earth achieved immortality by reincarnating into the Emperor in Anatolia 8000BC. " it smashed into the earth with the force of the war-god's axe. Every eye I had been looking through suddenly went blind . Every sense I had been sharing went dark and cold. From orbit , all we could sense was the spreading blackness of choking smoke blooming over the city . Our sensors detected tectonic unrest grave enough to send tremors rippling across the other side of the world. Harmony itself was heaving with torment ". -Talon Of Horus. Sure, the Alliance has technological superiority over the Imperium , but the Imperium's psykers and Emperor are massively more powerful than Star Wars parts.