Reviews for The Miss Bennets Set Forth
mangoorangetea chapter 7 . 7/18
Aaaa this was a sweet chapter between Mary and Mr. Hart.

I love how sensible the Harts are tbh hahah
mangoorangetea chapter 6 . 7/18
Its a first to see Mrs. Bennet praise Mary's accomplishments! LMAO!

And, oh dear, Kitty! Remove your rose-tinted glasses, please!
mangoorangetea chapter 5 . 7/18
As an avid reader of Mary Bennet stories...

TBH this is a refreshing take on Mary! This Mary is sure of herself and is reluctant to part from her comforts and the ways she has grown accustomed to. While she is sure of herself, haughty, conceited, basking in her perceived moral and intellectual superiority, and doesn't unravel from her insecurities (I love reading these fics as well, but a novel take is still worthy to be mentioned), we get to see Mary open herself up in a different way; not becoming an entirely new person, but somewhat less severe and more open to new ideas-challenging the kernel of her character but, at the same time, keeping its integrity in expanding it.

And another thing, it is this line that struck me.

"Yet Mary is not a proper heroine, and this is not that type of story, Instead of realizing that she was deeply in love with her hero, Mary lay quiet in the darkness, wondering why she was not."

How interesting indeed to explore Mary's different dispositions to love and marriage. It shows how her situation is not entirely self-inflicted, but rather, some part of it is inherent and natural to her, which makes us more sympathetic to how Mrs Bennet constantly forces her in a corner while Kitty completely misconstrues her reactions to fit her understanding to the standard comings-and-goings of love. It's refreshing, and I really love it so much!
mangoorangetea chapter 4 . 7/18
It's adorable how Kitty and Mary can't stand each other, but you do know that they have some deep fondness and affection for one another. I love their bickering so much ahhahaa
collegestudent34 chapter 25 . 6/28
Wow, your Mary is full of depth. I love the direction you took her 1-D character and made it your own. Her relationship with Robert is ideal for me. :)
Edward'sDJ chapter 25 . 6/4
I loved this story and the character development especially. Thank you
Edward'sDJ chapter 23 . 6/4
Good work, Kitty
Edward'sDJ chapter 21 . 6/4
I'm loving the letters
Edward'sDJ chapter 19 . 6/4
Mary's faith is lovely
Edward'sDJ chapter 17 . 6/4
A white knight to the rescue
Edward'sDJ chapter 15 . 6/4
Listen to your gut
Edward'sDJ chapter 13 . 6/4
They only see what they want to see
Edward'sDJ chapter 11 . 6/4
Stubbornness runs in the family
Edward'sDJ chapter 9 . 6/4