Reviews for The Miss Bennets Set Forth
Guest chapter 5 . 12/2/2014
Mary's about to give me a case of the nerves!
Amaleea chapter 25 . 11/17/2014
Love this story! I was very happy with your characterizations of the Bennet girls and how you changed them for the better in the end. I think you captured most of the characters' personalities very well. It was beautifully done.

The only personality I wish could have been dived into more was Oliver Finch's. You did a good job with his character but for some reason that I can not pin down, I don't feel like I know the heart of his personality very well. His actions and words speak loud of the good man that he is, but I guess I wished to know him a bit more.

Or maybe, I just wished to read more of the letters between Kitty and Oliver. I feel that is where she fell in love with him so I wished to see them interact more in that.

Oh well, you did a wonderful job otherwise so this seems like a very little thing. I will read your sequel to this story soon.
Contrari Mari chapter 25 . 8/20/2014
Oh joy! A sequel! Now I can relax and fidget for the sequel to make it's appearance. Those of us that read this and Miss de Bourgh In Bath love these stories and these characters. I was lucky to discover the stories when they were already finished, so all. I had to do was make time to enjoy them, and I did. It should make for hilarious reading when Mary and Mrs. Bennet will be trading barbs at Longbourn during the sequel. I am truly looking forward to seeing what happens to Mary and all of her friends and relatives. I am still hoping that Anne's mother relents now that she is a grandmother. I suppose it is too much to hope that Mrs. Bennet will ever be sensible, so we will have to take her as we find her. Again, I am sorry that this story is ending for now, but look forward to the future sequel(s)!
Contrari Mari chapter 24 . 8/20/2014
That was such a Mary Bennet moment when they talked of love and she kissed him. Mary may never be a swan, but she will no longer be a goose either. I really am enjoying the way she has become more human, but enough bits of the old Mary Bennet pop through to keep her real. I love the fact that Kitty proposed to Oliver before he proposed to her. It was perfect. I am still grinning after reading this chapter, and I am sad that there is only one left. You have perfectly captured everyone's personalities. Mrs. Bennet is a masterpiece. She still has her nerves and palpitations, silliness, and poor judgement, but she also has a heart. In canon, she only seemed to truly care for herself, Jane, and Lydia. Here she has affection for Kitty and Mary too, so it is more satisfying, and easier to survive her flights of fancy and foolishness. It cracks me up that she takes all the credit for her children's happiness, and fails to understand that their happiness is in spite of her, not because of her. It is also pleasant that Mr. Bennet shows more care and affection to his daughters, and not just Elizabeth. Another excellent chapter.
Contrari Mari chapter 20 . 8/19/2014
Hey I just came across your Austen stories last week, and I have been enjoying them greatly. The writing seems very Austenesque, and it is wonderful to read a chapter or five or six, every day. These stories are delightful and different. I like reading about the forgotten characters like Anne, Mary, and Kitty, and I do like that none of them married the Colonel! You have really captured the characters and breathed new life into them. I do hope you continue with them some day, because you write very well. I especially am enjoying the new found friendship between Mary and Kitty, and the way Robert and his family have helped Mary to emerge from her cocoon. I am glad that the specter of Mr. Price has departed. I was trying to figure out his angle since I started reading, and even though it was pretty much what I had expected, he was even nastier than I thought. What a cad. That is not what I was going to call him, but it seems appropriate. Maybe I should have said blackguard? Any way, great story. I keep looking for time to sit and digest a chapter here and there. These are delightfully long and meaty chapters, so they take time to read, which in itself is very satisfying. I really do get sucked into these delightful stories of yours. I will be very sad when I finish this one and the next one. If you have time, it would be awesome to see something new, but in the meantime, thank you very much for bringing these flat characters to life, and making them real. It has been a true delight.
FuzzyMammoth chapter 25 . 5/20/2014
I loved reading this story! I was very excited to see that Miss de Bourgh in Bath had a sequel! I'm looking forward to reading the next one!
evienne chapter 24 . 2/26/2014
Oops, in all my excited hoppity-skippity joy at this story, I forgot my internet manners! I found this story via a tumblr fic rec post made by sassymrknightley. :)
evienne chapter 25 . 2/26/2014
WOW. WOW.

I've spent today glued to my phone screen reading this, ignoring all the other genuine responsibilities I had-because finishing this was suddenly so much more important than all the other things! This. Was. Fabulous! I liked it so much that I can't really formulate a proper review right now, so I'm super sorry if this just comes out like so much blah, but that's sort of a compliment too, maybe?

The language is so authentically coy and Austeny: dresses and balls and young gentlemen and everybody painted so affectionately and a little bit satirically when called for. You've got such a wonderful gift for characters: everybody, new and old, is a delight. Watching Mary and Kitty grow and change was so satisfying; Jane Austen didn't give anybody much to work with, but you built on what little characterisation they were given so carefully and thoughtfully that it was utterly believable every step of the way. Alexander Price was just exactly the right kind of Wickham/Willoughby/Crawford Austen gentleman villain, and Robert Hart and Oliver Finch utterly perfect Austen heroes. In a way, this story is set up a good deal like S&S (the staid sister and the emotional one who discovers herself after an unsuitable suitor and then finds love in the less-dashing gentleman who's been around the whole time), and the fact that it only really occurred to me AFTER I finished reading the whole thing is absolute testament to how very much this story is its own.

Considering how spoiled we've been with the length this already is, it's absolutely selfish of me to wish it were any longer, but I see there's a sequel in the works, which makes me very happy! I'm sure I'll read this again and again in future and I honestly can't think of anything useful to say anymore except that I thought it was just RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING, and THANK YOU so much for sharing it with us!
crazy-shy-izel chapter 11 . 9/30/2013
I like seeing more of Mr. Finch's character.

Kitty Bennet is almost as indiscreet as her mother, the silliness is plain obvious in her manners. What she said to Rosamond about Mary, sounded like Mary were only using Miss Hart.

It really was a relief to Mary the talk with Rosamond. She's always so mysterious!

Love long chapters!
crazy-shy-izel chapter 10 . 9/30/2013
Nice chapter!
I don't think Kitty should trust that much in Mr. Price, especially about Lydia's marriage.
Is good to see Mary with the Harts. She seems happy and at ease.
crazy-shy-izel chapter 9 . 9/27/2013
I think Anne Hart and Mary Bennet have a lot in common. They should be friends!

Mr. Price only cares for superficial things but he sure knows how to make himself pleasant. Mary have to make a greater effort to expose him as he is.

It seems like Mary is more open to criticism now. She actually listened to Robert!
crazy-shy-izel chapter 8 . 9/26/2013
It was an interesting chapter.

I like the conversations between Robert and Mary, but she is so philosophical.

I hope that Kitty pays attention to the advices of Rosamond and Mary.

And since when Mrs. Bennet is so fond of her "dull" daughter? That woman affects my poor nerves! hahaha
crazy-shy-izel chapter 7 . 9/22/2013
This is my favorite chapter so far. I loved the conversation between Mary and Robert in Green Park. I enjoyed reading their statements and to see the trust they have to one another.

Who does Mr. Finch like? Rose or Kitty? Well, I just know that Mrs. Bennet is going to give me a headache.
crazy-shy-izel chapter 6 . 9/22/2013
Theodore and Robert Hart are very funny!

I think Mary likes Robert, she just can't accept it. But, I'm glad they're friends.

Love long chapters!
crazy-shy-izel chapter 5 . 9/21/2013
I don't know who likes to tease Mary the most, Kitty or Robert!

Until now, Mary is so closed minded. Well, Rosamond is working on it.

Nice chapter!