Reviews for The Miss Bennets Set Forth
birdandthebell chapter 25 . 5/31
I love your writing. This was really enjoyable to read and I liked the details each character got.
Atka-Jane chapter 25 . 2/24
Awh. The best Bennet middle siblings fic ever I reckon. My heart swells from reading the final chapters of this story. I love this very much. I really really really love it! I can't explain with enough words of how much I love this story, the happy ending for Kitty, the closeness of Bennet sisters with their friends, the growth these sisters go through, the adulthood and maturity of state of mind, of how the Bennet sisters actively search for their own happy endings, of how they BOTH take control of their love life - with Kitty confessing her feelings for Oliver Finch first, and with Mary ... you know what she does and confesses to Robert FIRST at Rosa's wedding ball ;) I really really like this. It's so sweet and fluffy, just the perfect amount of further ruining my expectation of marriage by increasing my expectation in men - they should be a gentleman with integrity like finch, pleasant and easy converser like hart and funny and caring like theo hart. sighs... I'm doomed. My mind is satisfied but my heart really desires more now
ElenielK chapter 18 . 2/10
I'm really enjoying your story. You made Kitty sound exactly as silly as she should be without reducing her to a ridiculous caricature of silliness, and Mary - although I regret not finding enough quotes - a lecturing, sometimes overly self-righteous prig. The slow progress of the story should have been boring, but I loved how every single chapters are so long, providing excellent study of those two characters. However, I feel Miss Hart is too perfect considering her young age(and I thought Jane with her almost boring personality and Elizabeth with her judgmental tongue perfect enough) and am convinced Kitty in this story will have difficult marriage with Mr. Finch because difference in their characters make Lizzy and Mr. Darcy's seem like the perfect marriage between like-minded people.

Anyway, the reason I'm writing this review is to point out two irregularities which stuck out in this otherwise excellent story. First, Kitty and Mary frequently enjoys time alone with a gentleman in enclosed spaces, not due to unforeseen circumstances but naturally as if the private setting is generally allowed. Mary walks out unescorted and sit out an entire ball with a gentleman. Second, they allow gentlemen private correspondences. Those actions are all highly improper, and I'm sure you can easily recall how being chaperoned, even for engaged couples, was of utmost importance.
Hoshihime08 chapter 25 . 1/18
That was lovely. Thanks for sharing this story!
Ansku chapter 25 . 9/6/2015
Well done :)
patty.clark.792 chapter 25 . 7/4/2015
Grand story.. And so very very well done.. thank you.
Lady Mage chapter 25 . 6/14/2015
Brilliantly done! I have been riveted all evening and absolutely LOVED this story. Bravo! Look forward to reading more of your work in the future!
Guest chapter 5 . 12/2/2014
Mary's about to give me a case of the nerves!
Amaleea chapter 25 . 11/17/2014
Love this story! I was very happy with your characterizations of the Bennet girls and how you changed them for the better in the end. I think you captured most of the characters' personalities very well. It was beautifully done.

The only personality I wish could have been dived into more was Oliver Finch's. You did a good job with his character but for some reason that I can not pin down, I don't feel like I know the heart of his personality very well. His actions and words speak loud of the good man that he is, but I guess I wished to know him a bit more.

Or maybe, I just wished to read more of the letters between Kitty and Oliver. I feel that is where she fell in love with him so I wished to see them interact more in that.

Oh well, you did a wonderful job otherwise so this seems like a very little thing. I will read your sequel to this story soon.
Contrari Mari chapter 25 . 8/20/2014
Oh joy! A sequel! Now I can relax and fidget for the sequel to make it's appearance. Those of us that read this and Miss de Bourgh In Bath love these stories and these characters. I was lucky to discover the stories when they were already finished, so all. I had to do was make time to enjoy them, and I did. It should make for hilarious reading when Mary and Mrs. Bennet will be trading barbs at Longbourn during the sequel. I am truly looking forward to seeing what happens to Mary and all of her friends and relatives. I am still hoping that Anne's mother relents now that she is a grandmother. I suppose it is too much to hope that Mrs. Bennet will ever be sensible, so we will have to take her as we find her. Again, I am sorry that this story is ending for now, but look forward to the future sequel(s)!
Contrari Mari chapter 24 . 8/20/2014
That was such a Mary Bennet moment when they talked of love and she kissed him. Mary may never be a swan, but she will no longer be a goose either. I really am enjoying the way she has become more human, but enough bits of the old Mary Bennet pop through to keep her real. I love the fact that Kitty proposed to Oliver before he proposed to her. It was perfect. I am still grinning after reading this chapter, and I am sad that there is only one left. You have perfectly captured everyone's personalities. Mrs. Bennet is a masterpiece. She still has her nerves and palpitations, silliness, and poor judgement, but she also has a heart. In canon, she only seemed to truly care for herself, Jane, and Lydia. Here she has affection for Kitty and Mary too, so it is more satisfying, and easier to survive her flights of fancy and foolishness. It cracks me up that she takes all the credit for her children's happiness, and fails to understand that their happiness is in spite of her, not because of her. It is also pleasant that Mr. Bennet shows more care and affection to his daughters, and not just Elizabeth. Another excellent chapter.
Contrari Mari chapter 20 . 8/19/2014
Hey I just came across your Austen stories last week, and I have been enjoying them greatly. The writing seems very Austenesque, and it is wonderful to read a chapter or five or six, every day. These stories are delightful and different. I like reading about the forgotten characters like Anne, Mary, and Kitty, and I do like that none of them married the Colonel! You have really captured the characters and breathed new life into them. I do hope you continue with them some day, because you write very well. I especially am enjoying the new found friendship between Mary and Kitty, and the way Robert and his family have helped Mary to emerge from her cocoon. I am glad that the specter of Mr. Price has departed. I was trying to figure out his angle since I started reading, and even though it was pretty much what I had expected, he was even nastier than I thought. What a cad. That is not what I was going to call him, but it seems appropriate. Maybe I should have said blackguard? Any way, great story. I keep looking for time to sit and digest a chapter here and there. These are delightfully long and meaty chapters, so they take time to read, which in itself is very satisfying. I really do get sucked into these delightful stories of yours. I will be very sad when I finish this one and the next one. If you have time, it would be awesome to see something new, but in the meantime, thank you very much for bringing these flat characters to life, and making them real. It has been a true delight.
FuzzyMammoth chapter 25 . 5/20/2014
I loved reading this story! I was very excited to see that Miss de Bourgh in Bath had a sequel! I'm looking forward to reading the next one!
evienne chapter 24 . 2/26/2014
Oops, in all my excited hoppity-skippity joy at this story, I forgot my internet manners! I found this story via a tumblr fic rec post made by sassymrknightley. :)
evienne chapter 25 . 2/26/2014
WOW. WOW.

I've spent today glued to my phone screen reading this, ignoring all the other genuine responsibilities I had-because finishing this was suddenly so much more important than all the other things! This. Was. Fabulous! I liked it so much that I can't really formulate a proper review right now, so I'm super sorry if this just comes out like so much blah, but that's sort of a compliment too, maybe?

The language is so authentically coy and Austeny: dresses and balls and young gentlemen and everybody painted so affectionately and a little bit satirically when called for. You've got such a wonderful gift for characters: everybody, new and old, is a delight. Watching Mary and Kitty grow and change was so satisfying; Jane Austen didn't give anybody much to work with, but you built on what little characterisation they were given so carefully and thoughtfully that it was utterly believable every step of the way. Alexander Price was just exactly the right kind of Wickham/Willoughby/Crawford Austen gentleman villain, and Robert Hart and Oliver Finch utterly perfect Austen heroes. In a way, this story is set up a good deal like S&S (the staid sister and the emotional one who discovers herself after an unsuitable suitor and then finds love in the less-dashing gentleman who's been around the whole time), and the fact that it only really occurred to me AFTER I finished reading the whole thing is absolute testament to how very much this story is its own.

Considering how spoiled we've been with the length this already is, it's absolutely selfish of me to wish it were any longer, but I see there's a sequel in the works, which makes me very happy! I'm sure I'll read this again and again in future and I honestly can't think of anything useful to say anymore except that I thought it was just RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING, and THANK YOU so much for sharing it with us!