Reviews for The Miss Bennets Set Forth
evienne chapter 24 . 2/26
Oops, in all my excited hoppity-skippity joy at this story, I forgot my internet manners! I found this story via a tumblr fic rec post made by sassymrknightley. :)
evienne chapter 25 . 2/26
WOW. WOW.

I've spent today glued to my phone screen reading this, ignoring all the other genuine responsibilities I had-because finishing this was suddenly so much more important than all the other things! This. Was. Fabulous! I liked it so much that I can't really formulate a proper review right now, so I'm super sorry if this just comes out like so much blah, but that's sort of a compliment too, maybe?

The language is so authentically coy and Austeny: dresses and balls and young gentlemen and everybody painted so affectionately and a little bit satirically when called for. You've got such a wonderful gift for characters: everybody, new and old, is a delight. Watching Mary and Kitty grow and change was so satisfying; Jane Austen didn't give anybody much to work with, but you built on what little characterisation they were given so carefully and thoughtfully that it was utterly believable every step of the way. Alexander Price was just exactly the right kind of Wickham/Willoughby/Crawford Austen gentleman villain, and Robert Hart and Oliver Finch utterly perfect Austen heroes. In a way, this story is set up a good deal like S&S (the staid sister and the emotional one who discovers herself after an unsuitable suitor and then finds love in the less-dashing gentleman who's been around the whole time), and the fact that it only really occurred to me AFTER I finished reading the whole thing is absolute testament to how very much this story is its own.

Considering how spoiled we've been with the length this already is, it's absolutely selfish of me to wish it were any longer, but I see there's a sequel in the works, which makes me very happy! I'm sure I'll read this again and again in future and I honestly can't think of anything useful to say anymore except that I thought it was just RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING, and THANK YOU so much for sharing it with us!
crazy-shy-izel chapter 11 . 9/30/2013
I like seeing more of Mr. Finch's character.

Kitty Bennet is almost as indiscreet as her mother, the silliness is plain obvious in her manners. What she said to Rosamond about Mary, sounded like Mary were only using Miss Hart.

It really was a relief to Mary the talk with Rosamond. She's always so mysterious!

Love long chapters!
crazy-shy-izel chapter 10 . 9/30/2013
Nice chapter!
I don't think Kitty should trust that much in Mr. Price, especially about Lydia's marriage.
Is good to see Mary with the Harts. She seems happy and at ease.
crazy-shy-izel chapter 9 . 9/27/2013
I think Anne Hart and Mary Bennet have a lot in common. They should be friends!

Mr. Price only cares for superficial things but he sure knows how to make himself pleasant. Mary have to make a greater effort to expose him as he is.

It seems like Mary is more open to criticism now. She actually listened to Robert!
crazy-shy-izel chapter 8 . 9/26/2013
It was an interesting chapter.

I like the conversations between Robert and Mary, but she is so philosophical.

I hope that Kitty pays attention to the advices of Rosamond and Mary.

And since when Mrs. Bennet is so fond of her "dull" daughter? That woman affects my poor nerves! hahaha
crazy-shy-izel chapter 7 . 9/22/2013
This is my favorite chapter so far. I loved the conversation between Mary and Robert in Green Park. I enjoyed reading their statements and to see the trust they have to one another.

Who does Mr. Finch like? Rose or Kitty? Well, I just know that Mrs. Bennet is going to give me a headache.
crazy-shy-izel chapter 6 . 9/22/2013
Theodore and Robert Hart are very funny!

I think Mary likes Robert, she just can't accept it. But, I'm glad they're friends.

Love long chapters!
crazy-shy-izel chapter 5 . 9/21/2013
I don't know who likes to tease Mary the most, Kitty or Robert!

Until now, Mary is so closed minded. Well, Rosamond is working on it.

Nice chapter!
Guest chapter 25 . 9/18/2013
This was so GOOD. Fan fiction this well written is difficult to find.

I adored both Kitty & Mary. It was lovely to visit with the residents of Bath from the previous story. I’m madly in love with Oliver. Robert is PERFECT for Mary. I hope she, too finds her happily ever after.
Bravo.
Guest chapter 24 . 9/18/2013
I heartily applaud BOTH Miss Bennets and their quite shocking actions. .. Being forward (in these instances) proved delightful.
FatalStarshine chapter 25 . 9/15/2013
I hope do much that your sequel is about, or has in it, Mary finally getting her wedding! This story was so beautiful and well written, I couldn't put it down! I love how Mary and Kitty developed and in the end changed for the better. If only that same lovely change could happen to Mrs. Bennet lol. Well done!
bellachaos chapter 25 . 7/20/2013
What a perfectly delightful story. You have quite a talent for writing and though Mary and Kitty were obnoxious at the start, that only made their personalities at the end of this fic all the more pleasing. The plot was lighthearted and pleasant with just the right amount of drama and I look forward to reading the sequel.
Fire's Shadow123 chapter 25 . 7/19/2013
You honestly have no idea how thrilled and relieved I was when I saw your Author's Note at the end. I am super pumped for a sequel.

This story was just as brilliant as its predecessor. Everything about it was wonderful. The way you developed Kitty and Mary...it was amazing. Even your development of Mr. Price was fantastic. For a good while I couldn't decide whether or not I should like him (however I was able to finally decide on not liking him before his true character was revealed) And your writing is phenomenal. I loved every second of it!

I hope Mary and Robert finally get married in your next story, and I would love to read about Georgiana's search for love after her history with Wickham. I can't wait! :)
lauren hedgehog chapter 25 . 7/19/2013
And I very much enjoyed this one too :)