Reviews for The Miss Bennets Set Forth
TheBookAddict chapter 17 . 6/14/2012
Really wonderful story, the way you write is so authentic and true to the language of Pride and Prejudice, I tore through it these past couple of nays and now have only to regret that I did not cherish the time when there was still at least one chapter left to read. They are all so long and perfect (in my mind at least) that I know I cannot hope to see another chapter all that soon (unless of course you are a writing ninja in which case carry on, :D) really amazing story, the kind that a person can reread over and over again.

As for the actual novel i am so happy that Mr. Finch is becoming more of a part of their lives (especially Kitty's) and the end of Mr. price was just as I had always hoped it would be from almost the moment he was introduced as a character. Now if Kitty were to fall in love with a certain clergyman all would be well...of course this all shouldn't happen to soon, especially since you have so perfectly set up a scenario in which Kitty can really grow as a character, which to be fair does imply as much changing as it did at the beginning of the story. Mary to with her romance-not-romance and Mr. Hart make me smile every time the story focuses on them and it seems as if all that is left to consider is the potential for time in which Mary and Kitty really get to know one another/bond.

Really wonderful story (so much so though that I must say so twice) and I am so very, very happy that I found it :) happy writing!

TheBookAddict
chibiaries chapter 17 . 6/13/2012
At last, we see the fall-out and the backstory of Mr. Price! I loved how Kitty made up her own mind and decided to break off the engagement with , and it was such a wonderful scene when Mr. Finch stepped in to support her decision.

I also liked the protective anger that Mrs. Bennet showed about how Mr. Price treated Kitty, and the chapter just ended on a lovely note of Mary and Kitty acting more like sisters together. You did a very excellent job of handling all these characters as always, and I am eagerly looking forward to the next chapter.
miscmis chapter 16 . 6/10/2012
Great getting to see so much of Anne & Theo in this chapter. They were kind friends to Kitty at the ball and I like the imagery of Theo pulling a Darcy glare. They are a solid example for Kitty and what she seems to want out of a marriage.
miscmis chapter 17 . 6/10/2012
I'm glad Kitty came to her realization and broke things off before Finch's revelations. If only she would open her eyes to how great a match he'd be for her rather than play the Emma and attempt to fix him up with Rosamond.
can't think chapter 17 . 6/9/2012
Amazing chapter. Practically perfect. I’m sorry I took so long in reading it, but I haven’t been feeling well cuz I sprained my shoulder (I’m fine). I love how Kitty stood up to Mr. Price and DUMPED him and then how Mr. Finch came to her rescue and was like “Back off, buddy!” That confrontation scene was so awesome! IN YOUR FACE PRICE! I really appreciate that she realized her feelings and broke it off before she found out the truth about him. Dang, he is a creep! I love how Mama Bear Bennet came out and turned against Mr. Price, that was really funny. I’m glad Kitty didn’t have to try so hard to convince Mrs. Bennet that she did the right thing. And I loved the little bonding scene between her and Mary at the end. Now all that needs to happen is for Kitty to realize that Mr. Finch should be with HER not Miss Hart!

"You do not know her as I do; and anyway, this is nothing to do with you. As her betrothed, it is my duty to see that she is quite comfortable and—"

"I do not think you are betrothed any longer."

BOOM! Mr. Price just got TOLD by Mr. Finch!

“He looked as if he wished to say more, but after a brief pause merely bowed, and smiled at her (how had she ever thought Mr. Price's smile so appealing?)”

_ heeheehee. yay!

Anyway, wonderful chapter. I don’t think I can possibly comment on every detail and aspect that I loved. But it was amazing.
Avanell chapter 17 . 6/7/2012
You have me in a quandry...who WILL Mr. Finch find happiness with? THREE possibilities and when I think of one, then another keeps popping to mind. Can't wait for more...and need more Mary and Mr Hart. Although it was FABULOUS how Kitty came to realize things on her own and break things off, then only to find things reinforced by what Mr. Finch told her. Awesome update!
Bonbonnett chapter 17 . 6/6/2012
Didn't he turn out to be a major disaster-in-the making! Yay, Finch! When will Kitty realize that Rose is not his chief interest? Mamma B was certainly having a big conniption fit until Kitty dropped the 'country-lass' bomb! Glad they got straightened out!
Lilybet Edyvean chapter 17 . 6/4/2012
Bahh I loved this chapter so much. Finally Kitty stands up for herself, and does the right thing. Yay empowerment! Can't wait to read more!
MajoringinFandoms chapter 17 . 6/4/2012
I love Mr. Finch! And Kitty! (Oh, and Mary, and Robert, and Rosamond, and Juliet, and- ... yeah, I pretty much love everyone. Except maybe Mr. Price... :) Next chapter, will we read more from Mary's POV of next chapter, or continue with Kitty? I love both, but I missing Robert Hart (who seems to only appear in "person" when we read from Mary's point of view).

Anyway, this chapter was a joy to read. I think I might've said this before, still, I'm going to say it again: this story is my all-time favorite story EVER. :) It's so well-written, and your chapters are so long, and you update within reasonable time frames (not that I wouldn't be willing to wait for a chapter).

So yes, thank you for sharing your genius-ness (*sigh* that's not really a word, but I think it works). As always, I'm really happy I picked up/clicked on this story. :P
Scarlett Princess chapter 17 . 6/4/2012
Lovely! Oliver Finch is a hero! And I love that Kitty wants to help him out with his own romance (though I believe she is rather mistaken in that regard).

Thanks for the swift update.
LotsOfLaundry chapter 17 . 6/4/2012
Wow, you did a great job with this chapter! I wasn't quite sure why Kitty didn't mention seeing Price with the other lady at the ball? Not that it was necessary, with all his other faults. Very good chapter! L.
PennyOfTheWild chapter 17 . 6/4/2012
I'll have you know I ship Kitty/Oliver with a vengeance, so this chapter made me very, very happy.

(I hope they're endgame?)

(Also, I've been lurking/reading this story for a long while now: and it's been one of the best reading experiences I've ever had on this site. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.)
Crookshank chapter 17 . 6/4/2012
i love mrs bennet's tirades! thank you
notsosecretninja chapter 16 . 5/30/2012
I just love this story, and this was another great chapter. I know the story is not focused on them, but will we get to see more scenes between Lord Adlam and Rosamond? That would be awesome! I got the warm fuzzies during the Mary/Robert and Kitty/ Oliver scenes. Very well written.
can't think chapter 16 . 5/29/2012
I KNEW MR. PRICE WAS A CREEP!

Oy, as sorry as I feel for Kitty I’m SO GLAD things have come to light about Mr. Price. And I’m glad she wasn’t hurt by him, just upset about her misconception. I loved how she bonded with Mr. Finch and how he made her feel better! Finally! Things are going in the right direction!

“Mary…could not suppress a wholly alien thrill of pleasure at the thought of seeing Robert” heehee _

Mary & Robert were so flirting! Loved how Mary started to be less serious around him and just be casual for once!

Interesting that Robert doesn’t like Mr. Price and I’m very curious as to what Mr. Finch wants to talk about.

excellent chapter! you have a knack for writing! :)
372 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 .. Last Next »