Reviews for The Miss Bennets Set Forth
Mr Price is creepy
Edward'sDJ chapter 1 . 5/17
Another intriguing start
Marjorie Nescio chapter 25 . 12/20/2020
I enjoyed reading this: it's a charming story.
steelneena chapter 25 . 8/6/2020
Another excellent sequel! I must confess, though I saw Kitty and Oliver coming, I was very gratified by the prospect. You have done both she and Mary wonderfully well in their development and I confess I cried a few times.
Mariposa Noir chapter 25 . 6/16/2020
This story is as amazing as Anne's. You have made me even more fond of younger sisters Bennet. I love how they grew a lot and the way they developed their love stories. I hope and someday you continue with the romance of Robert and Mary. What a beautiful and well-read thing!
liysyl chapter 25 . 2/17/2020
What an awesome and enjoyable story. Thanks for sharing your twist.
dianaanne chapter 25 . 1/20/2020
What a lovely story.
KamuNappy chapter 25 . 11/21/2019
i really love the little universe youve created in bath and i come to reread this every few years and i always look forward to reading it again it is written so wonderfully, with great care to the characters and wonderful twists. i love how mary and kitty changed over the course from the silly stereotype sisters to living breaking adults.
CathyKing chapter 25 . 5/18/2019
I have consumed 'Miss De Bourgh in Bath' and 'The Miss Bennets Set Forth' over the course of a week whilst eating breakfast, walking to work, during lunch, walking home from home, eating dinner, and reading on my phone under the covers whilst pretending to my partner that I'm falling asleep.

I really enjoyed Miss De Bourgh in Bath, but I truly *truly* love this story. I really don't know how to describe it, and I wish I had left a review at the end of each chapter (I will endeavour to the next time I read it!)

My favourite part of the whole story was:
'"Besides", said Robert in a low voice, as they walked away together, "and I truly mean this in a tone of the utmost respect - but if I receive any more highly significant glances from your mother, I may lose my head and accidentally propose to you."' Genius!

I thought the Mary/ Robert arc was so well and thoughtfully done. I've seen a couple of other reviews that commend the pacing of the story, and I completely agree - in relation to Mary and Robert and the whole story. I personally really enjoyed how the dynamic of their relationship augmented over time. I felt that a sense of, not foreboding, but something similar to that heavy feeling before a storm, was starting to be introduced into the relationship by the end. Whereas earlier in the story I felt that they were both very much in accord regarding where they saw themselves and what their desires for marriage were. However, I felt by the end they may have been starting to fall slightly out of step? For example, I felt that Robert was perhaps slightly further towards being ready to marry by the end (by the time of Rose's wedding, his main (stated) objections to marriage were his income, schedule and Mary's happiness, and not his disinclination to marry at the present time. (I've just looked back and in fact he says earlier in Chapter 24 "perhaps she was not disposed to marriage *in general*... but I think her feeling for him are more than sufficient to overcome whatever hesitation she may have had" (!) - and Mary wonders if there's another meaning to this). Whereas, Mary was certainly more conflicted by the end, but still not quite ready to leave her life in Hertfordshire. This was just my interpretation anyway - I wondered whether this may have caused friction and would have been featured in the next sequel?

Of course, I really enjoyed Kitty's story too - although it was agonising reading about Mr Price and I desperately wanted to skim through (but I refrained as it was super important). I thought the development of Kitty's character was also really thoughtfully done, and it occurred in such a natural path that it carried me along and it's only looking back on it now that I realise quite how much she did progress! Indulging my romantic side again... I wondered throughout the story whether Mr Finch did ever have feelings for Rosamund, or whether it was Kitty all along? I vaguely remember that when Kitty first met Mr Finch he was with Rosamund and blushed a great deal - I secretly hope he was blushing because of Kitty NOT Rosamund, but I did like how this was never explicitly answered.

Another thing I really appreciated was how diligent you were at sticking to the perspective of the character the story follows. This made the story feel so much more natural. For example, this story was a sequel to Anne's, but she was always slightly removed as 'Mrs Hart', and we didn't dive into her thoughts too much. This makes complete sense as Mary and Kitty didn't know her that well, and this was THEIR story. I really appreciated how characters were outlined in-line with how the protagonists would have seen them culturally. I noticed this in Anne's story too, particularly how Elizabeth was primarily 'Mrs Darcy' and one step removed, even though WE as the readers obviously know Elizabeth really well, but Anne didn't. It made the stories so much richer and presented lifelike social barriers and often allowed only glimpses of someone's mind. This felt SO REAL, e.g. if you don't know someone that well so you don't catch their whole meaning or feel something is being withheld.

The ending as well - I honestly had tears in my eyes. The characters felt so tangible that I felt *I* was saying goodbye to them!

I will definitely go on and read the first two chapters of Mary's story, although I am sorry to see that it is incomplete. I will probably beg again there but... I completely understand that life sweeps you away - but I wondered if you have an outline of how the final story would have gone?

Even if not here, I really hope you still have a passion for writing - both of these stories were an absolute delight.
Devon chapter 16 . 5/16/2019
I haven't finished this story yet, but I wanted to tell you just *how much* I've been enjoying it, and also enjoyed "Miss de Bourgh in Bath". These stories aren't just fun to read, and well-researched (as far as I can tell!), they're very well written! You give great character insights, and the narrative flow is lovely! They reminded me of the time I spent in Bath during college one sunny autumn some years ago! Thank you for writing these!
Guest chapter 16 . 9/12/2018
Ohhh, I love this chapter. I loved reading Mary and Robert's friendship unfold, and it is such a relief that Kitty, too, finds good friends and clearer sight. (Also, I love so so much that Kitty and Mary are coming to appreciate each other.)
EstellaB chapter 6 . 8/31/2018
“If your family is not conducive to an appreciation of the musical arts, you are more than welcome to join mine." He seemed to notice what he had said only after he said it, for he turned rather red, and added hastily, "At-at a concert, I mean.”

Ahahaha, poor lovely Robert.

I revisit this story fairly regularly - I guess that it is not particularly likely that you will continue The Last Miss Bennet after all this time, but I wanted to let you know that I still read and love The Miss Bennets Set Forth about once a year. I was in Bath recently for a holiday, and it made me miss this story, so I've come to read it again and it continues to delight. Thank you for writing such a compelling story.
cxrmacmclaggen chapter 7 . 12/20/2017
kitty is going to end up with finch bc price is sus as hell i just know this
cxrmacmclaggen chapter 6 . 12/20/2017
HAHA rosamond's comment about the sunburn. i love her so much i aspire to be her
372 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »