Reviews for Snape's Memories
Thank you for your author's note clarification about autism (I was not the writer of the original review, but am an autistic person) and no matter the similarities, there is no science currently supporting autism appearing in allistic people with or without a neurodegenerative disorder. Furthermore, profoundly autistic state is incorrect terminology and was even in the timeline of the story. The politically correct term, if you wanted it, would be high support needs autistic. Aside from this, I have really enjoyed your story, both in terms of writing and worldbuilding. Thank you for writing it and reading this review.
Mvelez91 chapter 32 . 5/24
Really enjoyed this story. Very well written. Love the Snape parts.
stapletapewormsonmypenis chapter 32 . 5/10
Whoa this was really good. I read Dudley's memories and loved it as well. The characters are all memorable and well written.

In this fic especially, reading about Hogwarts 1998 was so very heartbreaking. I tend to avoid fics about that year because it's so very sad, especially when it's Snape centric.

A very touching fic, I look forward to reading the sequel!
A chapter 32 . 4/15
Wow... just wow... I don't want to say anything in case I spoil anything... but is Tim who I think he is?! I'm sobbing. Amazing writing
elaineazami chapter 32 . 3/2
That story blew up my mind. That was... Well, I am not a native english speaker so it is difficult to find the words, really. Thank you for writing this story, I think it made me grow as a person. Well, at least, I am not the same as I was before I read this. The scene when Tim sees his mother's body, and touch it, and... god, I litterally cried. And there is a sentence that hit me so fricking hard: "Harry found himself wishing again for a full blown temper tantrum. That would have been healthier than this false maturity."
I certainly was not abused and I'm really thankful for that, but after some difficult events, I was like this. I would not want people to think that I was childish, I would not want people to think that I could not go through this alone. I would not want people to see that I was struggling, and I would'nt want them to mock me for it. And I was calm, and sad, and people were telling me that I was very mature and I was like 'yeah well, no, but you do not need to know that'. I don't know why I'm rambling on this in a review but, yeah, that "false maturity" hit me hard, even if I'm not Tim and have not been through what he has been through.
Well. Thank you again for this amazing piece of story telling. Really. I hope you're well, especially in these hard times.
Love from France :)
DJArla chapter 32 . 1/30
This was absolutely amazing! You honestly have a gift for writing; one that portrays images clearly in the mind of the reader. I hope you have/do publish a sequel. This was so wonderful, I’d love to read more!
EXCELLENT, Thank you
so perfect it hurts chapter 32 . 1/14
Spoiler alert!
I loved this so so much. I didnt actually realise that Tim WAS Snape until your author note at the end, even with Krechers comment of "souls finding each other" I actually wondered if Tims dad might have been Snape when he showed interest in the potions display and remembered his father wearing dark robes until Snape turned out to be more a guardian angel. I loved the interactions between Harry and Snape though! Beautifully written
- SPIH
orthohawk1026 chapter 32 . 12/22/2020
ONG. This ending got me all ferklempt! Please, tell me you write professionally! and if so, what's your penname?
Charlie0925 chapter 32 . 12/2/2020
Brilliant writing here honey! I loved this fic and cannot wait to start reading the next part! ;o)
Anneliese chapter 20 . 11/21/2020
Oh gosh! I loved this chapter. Actually I like the last sentence the most. Vernon and Petunia will be rolling... no, thrashing in their graves.
C Dumbledore chapter 13 . 10/16/2020
Such a delightful story. I realize it was written 10 years ago, but it remains refreshing and is timeless in the emotional punch it packs. I came across Dudley's Memories on TomHRichardson's recommendation list and really enjoyed it so decided to continue the saga. "Master Harry has been looking for you for ever such a long time..." is such a foreshadowing and had me tearing up at the same time.
I love your original characters who are well defined but not overly done. Your maturity shows through in SO many (refreshing) ways.
Thanks for sharing your talent.
John
petalssunwards chapter 32 . 10/2/2020
this was beautiful
Guest chapter 32 . 8/29/2020
thank you! thank you soo much for these stories.
RoseGarden11235813 chapter 21 . 8/14/2020
Wow, this review is about 10 years overdue! I am so sorry - I have read this story many times and loved it each one, but I have never once left my thoughts for you.
You hinted at Tim and Snape's connection beautifully without ever becoming too heavy-handed. It could easily have tipped that way, but you danced around the line perfectly. I liked the hints that Harry didn't really fully remember the dreams, too. Well done.
Your handling of Tim and Harry's handling of him (both as a loving guardian and as a victim himself) were well done as well. Unfortunately, I am well acquainted with this, as my daughter was removed from her abusive father's house two and a half years ago. We have gone through so many hoops since then, both with professional guidance and by just feeling our way through. (The day her stepfather and I each gave her conflicting instructions without knowing it was quit the odyssey...) Harry handles Tim's specialness with a delicate hand, yet is quit honest with himself that a) He is getting worn down by the repetitive "fine" he hears (I hate that word, too.), b) He sees a lot of parallels between himself and Tim, and c) He needs help from both his family and his trained therapist to be "okay" as all of this goes on. The part where Harry learns that he had actually blocked out part of the abuse was also well done. Having seen that realization happen, you nailed the combination of comprehension and denial wonderfully.
All in all, I keep revisiting this story. It's well-written, honest, and gripping. I will continue to watch for your work. It's the perfect combination of realistic with the escape of reading fiction to boot. 100 points to whichever house you belong to - you deserve it.
(If you're wondering, my daughter is doing fine. She's 16 now and has done her best to move past her childhood. She frequently forgets that her stepfather is just that (he's just dad) and is rather determined to go into politics to make sure other kids don't have to live that life. Her father has still not stood trial, largely due to his illegal move to a country without an extradition treaty with the US. Anything to escape what I'm told by people who would know would easily be 10 years in prison as a Megan's Law offender. Co doesn't care at this point, as long as he's out of her life - her words.)
1,312 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »