Reviews for It's a Metaphor, right?
Tenshi Mioko chapter 3 . 3/16/2011
Lol, the explanation was hilarious xD
lisali95 chapter 3 . 3/8/2011
...

I would just love it if Rachel and Shelby were just friends and not try a mother daughter relationship. Beth is Shelby's daughter and that is the only mother-daughter relationship she needs to be worried about. She can't constnaly feel bad becasue she has to tend to beth and Rachel feels out becasue that's her mom too. No, it doesn't work that way.

Like you said in the chapter Rachel realizes that she has two loveing parents and a great life, but is she really realizing it. Why is she still pushing for Shelby to become her mom in the end? Rachel has two gay dads, who are already beating the odds of being a gay couple with a child and making it work. Now Rachel is going to go off to Shelby and say I want a mom I need one. On numerous occasions Rachel has expressed her love for gay rights and i love having to dads, but is she realizing that she is hurting them. After all they have done for her she feels the need for more; like they didn't do enough for her. it's like saying you need a mom no matter what and you don't. You may need a female influence but not a 'mom'. I'm sure if Hiram and leroy knew that it was Shelbyw ho made her costume and Rachel said 'I really need a mom right now' or they would have been there when she said that she was deprived of her childhood they would be severly crushed. I think Shelby should just stick with being her friend or her mentor.

I'm sure I have said this before, Shelby adopting beth has nothing to do with Rachel; so really she doesn't need an explantion. Rachel isn't Shelby's daughter. IMO the adoption isn't even about missing her chance with Rachel, becasue she never had a chance to begin with. Shelby was just the oven, and was never Rachel's parent. Shelby adopting beth is about Shelby. It's about someone finaly being happy in her life for once being able to call something her own.

I personnaly think Rachel should get the whole 'mom' thing out of her head. It's not fair to anyone.

_

The eggin IMO was a loaylty move. Jesse cared for Rachel he even told Shelby that he kind of liked her. But that being said. Jesse isn't going to choose Rachel over VA it's just not happening. If she were in the same situation she would have done the same thing. Rachel will always choose her teammates over some outsider.

I believe that jesse felt something for Rachel the moment they sang together. They would make a great couple, but would make kick-ass best friends like Lea and jonathan.

- fyi, although I like St. Berry as friends I would gladly take them as a couple over Finchel. I would take anything over Finchel really...

can't wait for an update. :D
Ashley218 chapter 3 . 2/27/2011
This chapter was so cute! I love all the Rachel and Shelbyness about it. And the crazy star straw bit was genius!

By the way, the minute I read the part about Shelby singing Tomorrow all the time as a child I knew we had an Idina fan on our hands :)

Oh, I'm happy that you got to see Idina in concert! I saw her in December and it was amazing. I can only think it was the same for you.

Anyway, please update soon!
CG07 chapter 3 . 2/25/2011
Great Job! I can't wait for the update!
WickedForGood13 chapter 3 . 2/25/2011
I'm so glad you updated. Can't wait for more! Yes, Figgins was hilarious )
Jenna chapter 2 . 1/17/2011
I love this and can't wait for some more Shelby/Rachel moments! Please update soon!
lisali95 chapter 2 . 12/17/2010
I am so sorry that I didn't review the other day. But I am here now. By the way thins might be pretty long.

I did in fact like this chapter and I thought Shelby and Beth flowed in perfectly.

The way Rachel's and Shelby's relationship was played out on the show was just like: umm, wtf? I've been saying (thinking) that this was Ryan Murphy's way of showing that two men can in fact raise a child and it always doesn’t take a mom, because even moms can disappoint you. That being said, I don't totally blame Shelby for 'walking away'. I'm sure there is much more behind her tough exterior (same with Jesse). I think maybe Will’s talk with her kind of like threw her off a bit, and maybe Rachel’s dad’s could have played a part in her leaving…who knows

"She wants, no, she needs a mom” - That I disagree with.

"It will be much more friend-like – best friend like – with the occasional lecture, of course" -That I agree with.

Rachel doesn't need a mom; she needs a friend, a mentor - just someone who she can just talk to at anytime. On the show it made it seem like Rachel wanted Shelby to just jump in and become mommy, which is where the writers screwed up. It wasn’t like Shelby said she was coming into Rachel’s life to be her mom she just wanted to get to know her. When Shelby first said ‘goodbye’ they both agreed on appreciating each other from afar; I guess that meant when they see each other they will be civil, maybe even talk on the phone or what ever. But then at they had Rachel ask her to teach at McKinley. I like Rachel and all, but seriously girl, take a hint! And that is where I’m sure the viewers were just like Shelby you’re a bitch for just dumping Rachel; when that is not really the case at all! Rachel can’t expect Shelby to just completely change her life because that’s what she wants. It’s a huge adjustment, and even if they were going to have a relationship she could have at least waited until it was stable.

As for Beth, this may be an unpopular opinion among most, but I am so glad Shelby got Beth. Most people see Beth as a replacement for Rachel, and I think that is so shallow and mean. Beth is the child that Shelby can’t carry herself. Shelby said it herself that she is ‘married’ to Vocal Adrenaline and that it’s her life. I’m sure Shelby has wanted kids for quite sometime now, but with her condition and her job; there is not time and no possible way she can do it herself; so why isn’t she able to find happiness in adopting a new baby? Meeting Rachel was probably her wake up call that time is ticking and she needs to get on that.

Shelby and Rachel could have a relationship, but they both need to sort out their problems and have a heart-to-heart talk with each other. But then again that’s just what I think.

Anyway… Can’t wait for the nest chapter! :D

-told you it was going to be long!
Fanzel chapter 2 . 12/6/2010
Epicly cute Rachel Shelby moment! Loved it! Update soon!
WickedForGood13 chapter 2 . 12/6/2010
This is great! I think Rachel and Shelby are very much in-character. I can't wait for Jesse's entrance and for the real reason behind the egging incident to come out. Great job! Keep it up :)
winternym chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
I really want to see the next part!
Metaphors are amazing chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
Metaphors are usually good, I like them, but am not a big user of them. But your story, made metaphors amazing. Rachel was in character. And thank you for supporting and not giving into finchel :)
RubberSoulRevolver chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
I really like this idea! I hope that you end it with St. Berry because that would make this story very meaningful... as the whole egging is the metaphor.

update soon :)
lisali95 chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
Yup, I definately like this.

"Rachel thinks about the past year, specifically the egging incident. She comes to the conclusion that it was not an act of hate or a funk-ified prank, but a metaphor. And metaphors are important." - :D

I definately agree with you on the egging incident. I personally think that it was Jesse idea to switch schools - I don't think Shelby would do something to intentionally hurt Rachel, and interfere with Jesse's chances of winning and his education.- He probably did it because he actually like Rachel and he switched without really thinking about the consequences. Jesse is the type of person I think will do what ever it takes to win, and since New Directions had no chance of beating VA he had to switch back.

The egging was defiantely to show his loyalty to VA. He basically just left Carmel and he probably didn't say why he left.

I don't ship St. Berry at all, but I think Rachel did affect him. he was this souless automaton, but being with her it made him realise there is more to life than just being the best and winning.

Finn's an idiot... - I just felt like adding that!

Can't wait for more! ;D
WickedForGood13 chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
This is great! I liked the addition of Jesse's show face in an attempt to show what he was really feeling. Are Rachel and Jesse going to end up together? PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE (PLEASE)!