Reviews for This Life and the Next
FFChik chapter 6 . 2/20
Outstanding! I wish I had found this sooner
Josephine chapter 6 . 2/15
Dear writer,
Many years after you wrote this story I just wanted to leave a comment here to say that your writing has indeed traveled through time, like the love of your characters, without fading in intensity. Goddess! what a journey! what a love story! I feel breathless, full of a deep yearning, simultaneously grieving and exhilarated, eyes swelled from tears and somewhere else also rather swelled and humid at times... I am very very grateful that you have deemed us, random fanfic readers, scattered in time and space, worthy of your imagination and words. I loved the way you revisited Orlando with two women and alluded to so many aspects of women's history, public and private. The combination of opera and a character named Alice reminded me of the wonderful L Word scene where Bette delightfully fingers Alice in public, at the opera, during the Flower Duet of Lakmé. Women who love women brains humour the most compelling combo ever (well, add a few curves to the mix, and lips and hands, and eyes and scents, and napes and smiles, and art).

I particularly loved how the four stories set at different times in the past made me feel connected in a powerful and strangely intimate way to the long line of women who have loved and desired other women through the centuries, often in hostile contexts where that love could not be fulfilled. Your incredibly evocative descriptions of C & A's passion, irrepressible desire, life-changing lovemaking are like a magic instrument that connects us emotionally to the past and makes us feel, in our brains, in our dreams, but also in our pulsing cores echoing theirs, the secret and very special community that we all form. I have read many wonderful fanfictions that I have found in turns psychologically enlightening, dramatically riveting, erotically torrid, moving, funny or inspiring. Yours is all that but with this added dimension of making us feel linked to others through time.

I hope that you are in a happy place in life, and that you are using your creative talent in a way that fulfills you. We'll never know what parts 5 and 6 of this fiction would have been, but with this void you titillate our imagination even more, as the true master of fantasies that you are. Merci mille fois from Paris (where i'm half expecting to come across your two heroines).
Ajacks0815 chapter 6 . 2/3
I love these stories. I wish you would add more. They are amazing and captivating.
Guest chapter 6 . 11/23/2017
I really hope you are allright. I dont give up on this amazing story. I love it soooo much.
Guest chapter 6 . 10/15/2017
I have just read this for the first time. It is so different from everything else. I can't begin to tell you how many times this had me in tears, as each life they would have together came to an end. Although it has been years, it would be so so wonderful to see this completed! I would love to see how it ends. It is such a wonderful and well written story and deserves an equally wonderful ending!
Guest chapter 6 . 9/17/2017
This was one of my first fics i read, i think that was nearly 7 years ago... it is still one that made me realize i am a lady loving girl. I just wish i would know what happens next... i love your stories. I dont love or even like greys anymore, but callie and arizona and fanfic I still love it. So please please please finish this, or give me closure.
Guest chapter 6 . 3/1/2017
Please finish this fantastic story! Please please please
lindygroover chapter 6 . 4/27/2016
Your story is amazing ! You are such a talented author. I am trying to find the right words to express what a great story this is and I can't seem any words that are worthy enough. It is so creative how you started and take us to the next life. I imagined Callie as Sacagawea and when you said she was an opera singer I imagined her in La Bohem which in the end finally performed. I actually was thinking that there romance reminded me of La Boheme not sure if that was you intentio I love that opera and you a spectacular job wringing this and look forward to next chapter. Will you be doing a part 2 to letters?
LeeShaw chapter 1 . 10/27/2015
Hope you can update soon
MGEL chapter 6 . 2/3/2015
Hi !
I just read your fic (in one night, I believe English people say "bookworm" in French I just call it "boulimique des livres"). I really really loved that fic !
The Italian part was so inspiring. I just imagine the paintings of the church in my head and I (almost) wanna go there and paint too.
Your fic made think about Romeo and Juliette. Calzona can't love each other why ? Because they're women ? I'm not gay and by reading your fic I just had this realisation: My, people can be so stupid about the gay thing. I'm French and last year we just had this HUGE debate whether or not gay people should be allowed to get married. I'm no homophobic but I just couldn't wrap my mind around the issues. I'm straight, what do I care about gay people and marriage ? I'm not even sure I want to get married myself. But now I get it. Love is not about gender, it's about love. And gay people marrying is not about gay people, it's about having a opportunity to chose whoever you want to spend your life with. So thank you for that illumination. I can even consider marrying a guy now. No, just kidding ha !
Now, I know you haven't updated this fic since 2011 but if you ever read this review, I'm begging, please please pretty please, update this freaking fic ! I could invite you to France to thank you (I live in southern France, like 30 minutes away from Saint Tropez. You know the catch phrase Sea, sex and sun ? Sooo accurate here.).
Anyway, if you read this review pleeeeease update, I so wanna read a next chapter. If you do not read this review.. Well, it's a shame. Either way, I just made a fool of myself. Mes sincères sentiments,
Mado.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/23/2014
This story is absolutely beautiful. It really tested me up. You write really well. Can you please finish this story? Thanks! :)
Logan chapter 6 . 11/7/2014
Could you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE update this fantastic story... it is one of the best stories i have ever read... I hope you are ok?!
Sam chapter 6 . 9/17/2014
This one made me shed a few tears. Absolutely beautiful. Please carry on wrwriting. You're a great writer.
Guest chapter 6 . 8/24/2014
Juste so know,I'm still waiting for an update. Whenever you're ready to share with us.
Ayoung2 chapter 6 . 8/1/2014