Reviews for Strangers at Drakeshaugh
banzi chapter 32 . 5/22
Liked your update.
Sazq chapter 32 . 5/22
Hahaha, poor polly! Thought she was gone but nope! Great chapter btw. Keep up the good work
coki83 chapter 1 . 5/22
Brilliant! Love the twist, only Polly! Xox
shimotsuki11 chapter 32 . 5/22
Ha! That was an unexpected twist: Polly may well (I'll wager) be back at her old job again, anyway.

Loved the details of the funeral. And I can't say I'm sorry that Polly got to see (some of) it.

Also really liked Ginny's insight here into what was going on in Harry's head. One of my favorite things about your stories is the way characters in close relationships show how well they understand each other.

So glad you've picked up this story again - looking forward to further chapters.
loveoffandoms chapter 32 . 5/22
Seriously Poly?! What a silly idea to show up at your own wake. And I'm sure it hasn't yet occurred to her that she's now going to have to wait around and watch everyone she loves die (except maybe Camilia). While a ghost auror is an interesting idea, I wonder how well it'll work. It seems like the Hogwarts ghosts (with maybe the exception of Myrtle) were rarely interested in what was going on with alive people unless those people bothered them. I wonder if maybe the longer a ghost was dead, the less they had an attention span for the real world. Going off the fact that she's the daughter of a founder, I'd say the grey lady probably died first of the Hogwarts ghosts and she's seems the least interested in the people in the school (although the bloody baron was close behind in both time of death and lack of interest). It could just be the personalities of those particular ghosts but now your story has inspired this thought about how the ghosts of Hogwarts work.
diva.gonzo chapter 32 . 5/22
*enthusiastic applause*

Oh this was a wonderful update, especially the decadent mix of Punk and Magic. I thought it, at first, was a Traveller's funeral but then realizing it was pure Punk made it even cooler. I'm quite impressed but then you threw an amazing plot twist into it - that I didn't see coming - and boom! chapter even more amazing to read.
And poor Harry, the abused sod, having to put up with Polly still. (You had me waxing eloquent when you mentioned Sid in the Sky!) And Ginny being supportive and sassy was very well done.

As always, I look forward to more, at your leisure and opportunity.
Sammi chapter 32 . 5/22
Lol omg this chapter was wild but hilarious as Polly came back. Also kind of heartbreaking
JuttaV chapter 32 . 5/22
This was a little bit confusing at first, but then quite hilarious! Can't wait until next chapter!
Slaidback chapter 32 . 5/22
Good chapter! I love your play in the sandbox that is Harry Potter. Also, I quite appreciated the kiwi reference, being a kiwi myself.
Iwik chapter 32 . 5/22
O my. That was hilarious and sad because it's a funeral, but mostly hilarious. I can't see Harry employing a ghost though. She'd be useless at raids, she can't read reports as she wouldn't be able to flip a page (how does Binns do that?). She could be used as instructor, but could a ghost keep up with all the changes Harry makes?

The nicknames were great, as were the clothes. Also, Mary Magdalena, wow. How she made Polly out of that, I'll never know.

'In the privacy of our bedroom, perhaps'. Oh Harry, very smooth ha!

Can't wait for more, and I'm also really anxious for a new chapter of 'James and Me' ever since you mentioned that Harry and Ginny are making their appearance there soon.
Brian chapter 32 . 5/22
Well, that was interesting and amusing
Lilyp chapter 32 . 5/22
Oh, that's fantastic. What a good idea to make a diversified Auror office. Brilliant.
ChrisCorso chapter 32 . 5/22
Wow that was a surprise! A very well written and textured chapter. I feel the same way the characters do about Polly-unsettled. Didn't expect it for sure! Looking forward to more and more James and Me. Well done.
Bluest Witch chapter 32 . 5/22
Simply brilliant! The funeral, the twist in the plot, all marvellously done! Can't wait to read more! Greetings from Spain!
Just William chapter 32 . 5/22
Interesting beer list - another well thought update. More please.
1,658 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »