Reviews for Strangers at Drakeshaugh
Red-rumm chapter 25 . 6/26
I can't believe I just found this story! I love it! You've done a wonderful job keeping everyone in chacacter and making even the simple moments seem interesting. I haven't read a fanfic (or any book for that matter) that has had me so engrossed in the story in a long time! Thank you!
Katherine Sparrow chapter 25 . 6/26
Liked the new chapter. Really liked that we got to see more of Harry's investigation, Ellie seemed like a cute young girl :-)
MuggleCreator chapter 25 . 6/26
Bobbie!

...and a Cattermole! :)
Oh dear, the plot thickens with Frances and the Corners...
aalens chapter 25 . 6/26
Thank you! Thank you!
Jen
PS Thank you.
Xanoka chapter 25 . 6/26
Thank you for updating! I love this story. I love your whole Harry Potter universe actually. Are we going to get a story about the crazy vampire murderer? Is that the one where Lavender and Mark met? And have you done a story for Bobbie meeting Oliver? They are one cute couple, though I was shamefully slow on the uptake. And I love your Harry, so masterful and diplomatic! Thanks again, I'm so looking forward to reading more!
Merlyn Britainnicus chapter 1 . 6/25
So happy with an update. I'm a big fan of this story so every time you update, I re-read the entire story just in case I've forgotten something from the story. I can't wait until your next update!
nanaeleanor chapter 25 . 6/25
That was a great chapter! Good pacing with this plot. I especially liked that you have "allowed" Bobbie to drive one of the flying cars, good one. The mystery is coming on nicely, but it seems a bit out of character for Harry to be cultivating sneaky and secretive behavior between his own people. Your writing is very balanced and flows well so I am completely immersed in a very believable world when I'm reading it. Everyone speaks in their own distinctive voice which is often difficult. Plenty of fics make all the characters sound the same especially when it comes to humor, but your characters feel very real. I can sense the light-heartedness of Mike who stands out as a normal regular guy. Of course Ginny's no-nonsense but kind nature shows. It's also impressive that you have created this cast of original characters that feel very familiar already and fit in with the primary canon characters. Plus you've given great personalities and stories to many of the Hogwarts kids. You've brought them to life. Kudos from a fan.
long live marshmallows chapter 25 . 6/25
Wow, it's getting more and more complex! Michael, RANDOM, all of that...secrecy...it's very exciting.
Was the Dork Lord comment by Polly intentional? Dork Lord, Dark Lord...?
Stephanie O chapter 25 . 6/25
Very interesting developments! I wonder if Trudi is up to something sneaky? How would Frances have gotten the invitation to Harry's houseparty? Is Frances really a part of the Ministry staff, or is that just a fictitious cover story that Hermione provided? I can just imagine what Ellie was thinking when she was face to Harry's green eyes on her...nervous to say the least! But wow, what an ego boost it would be for her to have Harry take her observations seriously (so many would discount her because she's a newbie) and move her to MIT. Can't wait to see how Gaheris 'saved' Frances!
Relena Duo chapter 25 . 6/25
This is the first story I've read with OCs as protagonists that I like. Good job!
diva.gonzo chapter 25 . 6/25
*enthusiastic applause* Oh I do adore getting these updates.

Ah... the game's afoot. As an aside, I'd love a one-shot about Michael and Terry (if you've not already written it - I'll go look shortly) since you teased about it. Aside from that, wife Trudi is intriguing, as well as Susan and the Others.
Love the appearance of Oliver, and also the details of the crimescene. I could just smell the old petrol from the description.

As always, I look forward to more, at your leisure and opportunity.
Lilyp chapter 25 . 6/25
A great chapter, as usual. And it's great seeing the other muggle perspective. But I don't understand why Trudi seems so obsessed with Gaheris. In the previous interlude chapter, the RANDOM system was not pointing to him anymore.
red demon161 chapter 25 . 6/25
Oh man this is getting good. Please don't keep us waiting to long.
keeptheotherone chapter 25 . 6/25
Should you ever end up publishing in "the real world" (and you should!), I expect a PM informing me of the fact so I may follow you as vociferously there as I do here. Your characterization and especially your plots are superb-intricate and detailed and surprising, which is frankly rather difficult to do with a life-long reader of mysteries like myself.

I enjoyed the interaction with Bobbie and Oliver; despite knowing you have them married and the Puddlemere hat clue, I missed it until Quidditch was mentioned. I've been reading too much Katie/Oliver, I guess. This suspicion around Trudi and Michael has me intrigued; is it careless or deliberate? If deliberate, are they working together or separately? If separately, which one is it? I feel there's a good case for either one.

Ellie is sharp; it's fun to see a trainee who's genuinely green and not a former DA member as well as your portrayal of some of the details of Auror training. As always, I enjoyed the appearance of more minor characters, especially Fenella, and the way Harry has grown as an investigator, allocating resources judiciously and controlling who knows what in order to learn more himself.

Keep them coming!
And ... the plot thickens! You sir are a very good storyteller. I am enjoying this tale and appreciating your skills as a writer. When are you going to write your own novel?
I wonder if this fic is going to be your longest so far.
On a different train of thought ... will we find out from one of Lavender's story how Susan was Auror Summerby and then became Minister Mosby?
Your HP universe is expanding indeed.
Thank you for sharing it with us.
1,211 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »