Reviews for Strangers at Drakeshaugh
Fabulous! I swear your fanfics are in a class of they're own. Loving the intrigue :D
Great story! Im really enjoying it. Im finding fault with one small thing more than i should be i think. The part where Robert Saville and a few other men are smitten by both Ginny and Fleur bothers me more than it should. With some Veela blood i feel that Fleur should be getting an annoying bulk of attention from the muggles especially. Sure, Ginny is pretty but Veela magic should overpower it. Then again, Fleur is only part Veela. Anyway good job with the story, this just bothered me a little haha
alex chapter 27 . 7/12
Hi Northumbrian, great new chapter and after rereading the old ones and the new one for a second time I may stumbled upon a hint. Ginny said in this chapter that Michael always works alone and always will. But what is with his assistant Jack or Jake ( sorry I am bad with names) in one of the interlude chapters? And if it is really unusual for Michael to work with someone else, why didn't get Harry suspicious? And another thing why didn't Harry notice that Micheal acted like someone under the influence of a confundus charm in the same chapter you introduced the assistant guy, or is Michaels confusion a byproduct of his torture? But in you're only other story involving him and the random system he didn't seem that confused.
So you see you got me excited for the puzzle and I can't wait for another chapter.
With regards Alex
jennvellcs chapter 27 . 7/12
Amazing chapter as always! Great Job!
Thank you almost waited a year for that chapter. Thank you well worth it
Oriondruid chapter 27 . 7/12
This story continues to meet a very high standard that is typical of your tales.

It is unusual in that it spans two 'worlds' and two aspects of life in one story. Firstly the tale of an unusual close friendship between a Muggle family and a Magical one which has much charming 'domestic' writing, which of itself would make for an excellent and indeed suspenseful tale, as there is always the chance that the Charltons may stumble upon the true nature of their new friends.

Then there is the intermeshed story regarding the complex murder investigation and it's revelations about the extraordinary magically/technically advanced and dynamic unit that Harry has created within the Auror Office, which yet again by itself would be a good story without the other aspects.

This brilliant story continues to fascinate and delight me and I am always very happy when a new chapter becomes available.

Many Blessings.
Oriondruid, (John)
nanaeleanor chapter 27 . 7/12
Thanks for the new chapter. Your scene descriptions are so vivid, I feel I'm there. I can see things will get very complicated as Jacqui becomes more involved. The more she pieces together, the more questions she'll have about the Potters' otherness. It's fun to anticipate. The plot is moving rather slowly, but an enjoyable read nonetheless.
Bubbles of Colours chapter 27 . 7/11
I'm Jackie in this fic, I want to know what is going on so badly! Thanks for the update, I love all your fics :)
Gizzy's Mama chapter 27 . 7/11
Is Trudi the killer? Is Michael the killer? Is Michael being imperiused to DO the killing FOR Trudi? Has someone else imperiused BOTH of them? Once again you have done a great job with this newest chapter and now I will be going back to read the entire story again to see if I can find more "clues". LOL. Thank you for updating one of my all time favorite stories and I hope you post the next chapter soon
Aneeta Potter chapter 27 . 7/11
Thanks for the great update! I love how Jacqui is so perceptive and the way you show her outsider POV :)
Lilyp chapter 27 . 7/11
I love this story. The muggle point if view, the magic quietly invading the daily routine, the small talk. Brilliant.
Padma Works in the Department of Misteries too, doesn't she? She should be aware that Michael has an assistant. I had my suspicions about him dince I first saw him on chapter 20. Now I'm even more suspicious.
BeckNiece chapter 27 . 7/11
Yeah! Another Northumbrian story! And an update for Stranger - Yipee! Excellent as usual.

Thank you!
moozga chapter 27 . 7/11
Great chapter, I love this story!
Charybdis2 chapter 27 . 7/11
Wow, great to see this story back.

Now I will have to read it several times more because I always miss a clue in each chapter because I rush to,read it.

So much I can relate to exactly, from CBeebies to driving my Freelander but then I have had Land Rovers for over 30 years, as well as lie with little ones. The Balamory comment hit home, been there and done that!

Now I want to find out more but will avoid spoilers for others...
Danni Evans chapter 27 . 7/11
Ack! The plot thickens!
I always eagerly await your updates, and you always leave me wanting more!
(I keep wondering if Jacqui is ever going to discover why the Potters are so...different...)
1,395 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »