Reviews for Strangers at Drakeshaugh
hdres chapter 39 . 4/29/2020
An enjoyable and entertaining story. I really liked Jacqui’s point of view and the descriptions of Northumberland. I was so intrigued by the description of the small pipes that I looked them up and found Kathryn Ticknell. Thank you for sharing your story.
lemondrizzlecake chapter 39 . 4/15/2020
I found this story yesterday and read all 182k words of it since then. What a ride! You painted such a vivid world with this characters. I will definitely be checking out more of your writing!
5redroses chapter 39 . 4/9/2020
I love your story and look forward to exploring the universe more in your other fics.
5redroses chapter 37 . 4/9/2020
'They'll never hear me bloody swear,' I said.' Lol

Awww, I love their blooming friendship.
5redroses chapter 36 . 4/9/2020
'When Camelia walked in. I asked her if she wanted tea, she said "I vant to dreenk your blood"—sorry, just can't help myself sometimes.' This made me laugh.
5redroses chapter 34 . 4/9/2020
'I noticed that Hermione was angry with Ron. I couldn't hear what was being said, but it seemed to me that Hermione was blaming her husband for the girl's mishap.' That's pretty gross Ron.
5redroses chapter 33 . 4/9/2020
'I'll try to remember that,' said Mike politely. 'It might be difficult, because you look like a Dick to me.' Lol
5redroses chapter 32 . 4/9/2020
I thought muggles couldn't see ghosts?
5redroses chapter 30 . 4/8/2020
'There, there, Mammy,' she told me. 'Whassa ma'er? Tell me all 'bout it an' we'll make it all better.' Awww

Thanks for letting my discover Northumbrian pipes!
5redroses chapter 29 . 4/8/2020
Ron and Hermione live over six hours away by car. No wonder Jacqui is suspicious!
5redroses chapter 28 . 4/8/2020
'Lee turned up with a different girl. She was nineteen, and he'd been having an affair with her for two years' Oh Lee! I'm disapointed in you.

'It seems unlikely to me. I mean, you've seen him. He's Timothy Spall, not Timothy Dalton.' How meta!

'Harry was laughing, but Ginny didn't appear to be very happy. She suggested that it was too warm in the house for a hat, but he refused to take it off.' I wonder if that's because it's the Cannons, or that she's worried that Jacqui will ask questions?
5redroses chapter 27 . 4/8/2020
'If she'd a saw it, she'd a constipated it!' Lol

'Because of Mike's remarks the first time they'd visited, she seemed to think I was some sort of cleanliness freak. I'm not. I don't clean everything, every day.' That sounds like denial to me.

I love the idea of a tea man!

'Hinny?' Ginny asked me as we watched Darren open the back of his van and restock his basket before his next call.
'It's a term of endearment,'' And here was me thinking he kept getting her name wrong!

I just realised that as well as both being named after flowers, Lavender and Violet are also both shades of purple.
5redroses chapter 26 . 4/8/2020
''Really? How much do you love me?' I asked, straightening his pyjamas and ruffling his hair.
'This much,' he said, releasing me and holding his arms as far apart as possible.
'Ah, but I love you this much!' I said. I held my hands as far apart as possible.' Where you basing this off the book Guess How Much I Love You?

I love 'Being Human'!

'I'm pretty sure that if vampires were real, we'd know about it.' Lol
5redroses chapter 25 . 4/8/2020
'Les is keeping a scrapbook,' Dennis said. 'She calls it "my life with a wizard" Lol
5redroses chapter 24 . 4/8/2020
'Really?' Henry asked. 'Really real Little Red Riding Hood? Fort it's just a story.'
'Red who, what story?' James asked.' I would have thought that Harry would read his children Muggle fairytales, but maybe not as he wasn't read them himself when he was a child.

'It was like being brushed by an icicle.
'You're cold,' I said, shivering from her touch.
'I have very poor circulation,' she said. 'It's my curse,' she added, giving me a sharp-toothed smile.' If she's a vampire, how come she's out in sunshine?
2,277 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »