Reviews for The Stargazers
SapphireSecret chapter 9 . 9/9/2013
Not much actually occurred...but I really, really liked it. that characterizations were excellent, and the dialogue was quite amusing. Good job!
MareG8 chapter 9 . 1/22/2013
Hey there, lovely story you got here. You mentioned a sequel at the beginning of this chapter but I can't seem to find it on your profile, would love a pointer in the right direction if at all possible. Thanks.,
Anonmyous999 chapter 4 . 1/7/2012
Gotta love the eyebrow; never gets old. Love the story so far, I look forward to reading the next chapters. :3
TheJadePhoenix chapter 9 . 10/14/2011
Have you posted the sequel on here? I can't seem to find it...
Doni chapter 9 . 6/6/2011
I like this reboot of the reboot. A much better first meeting for Jim and Spock for sure. I look forward to reading the sequel.
GlassAngel chapter 9 . 3/13/2011
Awesome fic! I love this take on the characters and their situations (Jim's going to Starfleet, YAY). I can't wait for the sequel, whenever you end up posting!
Schwann chapter 7 . 3/2/2011
So it's not just your fic, this has been bothering me the last few days since I got sucked in, but not many people are geographically in the know about Iowa and it's sister borders, are they? This finally came to a head with me reading about Des Moines and stuff, but anyway... I hope you don't mind me plowing on a theory or whatever. Not that I'm expecting you to change useless details or anything based on my oh so remarkable... remarks... um, yeah.

Now, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't give 'Riverside, Iowa' any other known landmarks, so this is mostly on supposition. So, towns with names like 'Riverside' pop up due to a mix of practicality, lack of ingenuity (which Iowa has. come on, Iowa City?) and a little bit of reason. Trust me, I grew up in a "Lockport" due to ports and locks by the I&M canal. So for a town like Riverside to have come into being, they were being very literal: the town was probably formed right on the banks of either the Missouri or Mississippi River, being the only two rivers in Iowa.

At this point, based on ST main locations and what we know about it being a shipyard turned shipyard near 'bumfuck Iowa', we can rule out it being the Missouri because you get out there and it's Nebraska and S. Dakota, at which point the plains of the midwest taper into more rocky territories. Second reasoning for it being the Mississippi is because that's always been considered a likely halfway point, where ships by water are easily dispatched and now, for air and space vehicles, could be shipped to NYC or SanFran. Also, it's logical to assume that by the time such advanced technologies came about, St. Louis, Missouri would be out because there's some overcrowding issues in building management. St. Louis is not really a good dispatch area any longer because of that, so waterways ships would go north so that they'd just go downstream to catch the Missouri entry point or countless others.

So in simplified terms, Riverside, Iowa would probably reside on the map in mid Iowa along the Mississippi. Actually, it would probably be just a smidgen north on the Lat lines from Iowa City, to have access to the land traffic of I80 without overcrowding it to make it still 'in the middle of the cornfields.'

Actually, it would probably be just across from Chicago.

But I can't talk about Chicago, because that would extend my gust of hot air another ten minutes of typing when considering the impact of Chicago on a Star Trek universe. It'd be pretty amazing, because Chicago's not trapped like St. Louis is, though one would think otherwise.

So, um, anyway. I think I killed my wind. So, I'm quite sorry if you got annoyed by this? To be honest, putting this together rather than thinking various annoyed thoughts kind of made it solidify for my mental images on the mental map. I can probably just go on whistling while smugly thinking to myself 'I know better' before I forget all about it or get my ego taken down.
WickedWitchoftheSE chapter 9 . 1/24/2011
I'm sorry you are feeling bad but I'm glad to see this chapter AND know that there is a sequel! Great job, thanks for starting this story, I've really enjoyed it.
FuzzySeduction chapter 9 . 1/21/2011
D'awww! Seriously, it was so cool and filled with such gushy friendship-ness that I couldn't stop grinning.

x3.

I can't wait for the sequel!

I don't have much to say, probably because I'm going to go and read your other stuff now, but I really like your writing style, it's great.

:3.
FuzzySeduction chapter 3 . 1/21/2011
D'awww! I really like your writing style, haha, it's really interesting. Dialogue is so hard to do, but yours is good.

I like how your chapters end, "Fuck you too buddy" and "Awesome" and other things like that really make me smile. Also, I'm so happy, him meeting Bones and Spock, the scenes with them together are so fun.

x3.

*hugs both the boys'
Blackwell chapter 9 . 1/19/2011
yeah! go jim! spock!
red713 chapter 9 . 1/19/2011
Thanks for writing "Stargazers," I've really enjoyed it. :-) I hope you do decide to write more - AU's are always fun, and I'd love to see how the meeting in Iowa changes their interactions at the academy and later.
MyriadProBold chapter 9 . 1/18/2011
I'm glad for Jim. Now I hope Spock will change his mind and stay at the academy with Jim.