Reviews for The Arranged Marriage
BellaTesoro chapter 29 . 10/24/2020
So happy that James worries are over. It was super cool that Emmett was armed and ready to protect Bella and yet he nor Jasper let Edward in on their plans to protect Bella. It would have even better if Edward had been the one carrying a gun to protect her since he's with her mostly and not Emmett. Good thing they were out with the family. And what's up with Renee not dropping her silly art class or whatever she was doing when her husband told her Bella was in trouble? Mother of the year that one.
BellaTesoro chapter 28 . 10/24/2020
I loved their Christmas! It was like a normal middle class holiday. Even grandma was a hoot. I go between thinking these families are super rich but they they start worrying about how money is spent and the sweet simple things in life so yeah, it was a great chapter until James showed up. But really it seems like they knew this was bound to happen and yet didn't do anything concrete to get him away from Bella. Great drama!
BellaTesoro chapter 27 . 10/24/2020
It's hard to wrap my 21st century mind around the fact that parents put out advertisements somehow to find someone looking for a young wife to arrange a marriage with. And someone young and successful like Edward was at the time, I gather, answered this advertisement of sorts and got himself a young wife, and he didn't ask her age at the time? Seriously? Anyway, now Edward and Charlie are discussing just who else wanted his daughter that he so easily was giving away so that they'd protect some land that they felt was worth saving for family use, by Bella herself I guess, even though it was clear the husband had power over but lucky for them Edward seems kind hearted and fair and gave his young wife back the land. I don't know I guess I have to suspend reality as I know it and accept something like this can happen in our modern society. It's also odd seeing them all go about their Christmas spirit while also watching out for the evil stalker James. You might think they'd get a restraining order against him at least.
BellaTesoro chapter 25 . 10/23/2020
Ok now that they know for sure that James is after Bella for some pretty sick reasons, they shouldn't play any more games, and Bella needs to stop with the..."I can't stop living my life just because he could come and hurt me, badly..." Well yeah you should and they should, Carlisle and Charlies too should get involved and get to the bottom of this because there are missing pieces here that have a direct connection to Bella. I'm thinking Charlie and Renee are hiding something more and that's why they married off Bella to keep her safe...
BellaTesoro chapter 23 . 10/23/2020
That was a great 'first' for E/B. Edward is certainly proving to be attentive beyond what any woman could expect for their first time together. As far as the Tanya and Alec thing, since it's true what Tanya said, and they hurt him in such a mob like fashion, then they ought to take all this very seriously.
BellaTesoro chapter 22 . 10/23/2020
Again I'll mention that it is odd that Bella's parents who gave her into marriage at fifteen to a family they seem to know only fairly well, leave her be, on her own for most all of two years or more and yet now they become considered caring parents when they find out the older man they married her off to, had an affair. Give them parents of the year awards. I'm happy to see Bella first seek out objective help calling her counselor and then facing those that have neglected her, both the Cullens and the Swans. I was happy too that she gave it to Tanya, maybe not the violent punch but the talking to was brillant and mature.
BellaTesoro chapter 21 . 10/23/2020
Shopping Black Friday is probably worse punishment than anyone could make up for some people, me included. Never would I ever do it. But I give Edward credit for wanting and needing to protect Bella and so there he is at the mall on Black Friday. I wonder what's what with who the police caught and why. For something that sounds very dangerous, being stalked and all, they are all pretty laid back about it all.
BellaTesoro chapter 20 . 10/23/2020
What is up with Renee? And Charlie's reaction is interesting too, that he'll take care of Renee's poor attitude or she can spend Christmas with her mother...What changed Renee's mind all of a sudden? Back when Bella went running home, Renee sent her packing to her husband with much support so now she's going all Mama Bear and more than that telling her daughter she's making poor choices? What about Renee as a mother's poor choice to arrange a marriage to an older man when her daughter was underage and innocent? Weird.
BellaTesoro chapter 19 . 10/23/2020
It was very mature of them to not only go to counseling but to actually start using what they are learning, to communicate honestly. So now that they are doing things like a real couple, going out on dates, and eating dinner on their own and exploring their bodies. I get it that Bella is very uncomfortable with her own body it seems and that's why she keeps pulling back but she is trying and I credit Edward for being so patient with her and understanding as she comes to terms with what it means to be sexually active and not be ashamed to share your body with someone you love. I guess that's part of the problem too. They have proclaimed their love for each other in words. Maybe that will come soon.
BellaTesoro chapter 17 . 10/22/2020
Why was Renee so cold and weird in the beginning of their visit? And why was Edward sitting with his hands holding his head with red eyes? Bella seemed to see he probably had been crying but didn't think it important enough to figure out what would have a grown man cry while at her parents? At least they seem to be talking about just how weird it is that they find themselves in an arranged marriage with all these secrets swirling around them. How does Bella not know where the money comes from in both the Cullen household and most importantly in hers? So good to know she wants to become aware of these important things.
BellaTesoro chapter 16 . 10/22/2020
I thought it was odd that Bella's parents sent her away from her childhood home when clearly she needed her parents even though they weren't told why she ran away from her husband's home. In this chapter Renee says after she left she thought maybe she was being abused and felt badly she didn't press her to find out, but there is a phone and she could have gone to visit her daughter. Seems like they did just what Bella thinks, they married her off, and they never even came back for a visit in over two years time? Weird. But good to know Bella let Edward explore her body and show her ever so gradually what passion feels like. Poor guy, didn't get his happy ending after he gave her hers.
BellaTesoro chapter 15 . 10/22/2020
Clearly Tanya has something to do with all this. I'm thinking she is being paid to seduce Edward those times since those same times seem to match up with when Tanya did have sex with him. I'm also guessing, since I can't remember the details, that Bella's father is hiding something too about the importance of that land.
So I guess Bella is still not able to stop torturing Edward with the constant digs about him cheating. I so get her hurt, totally understandable but I guess it's her young age that she can't find the strength to be ready to forgive so the two of them can heal their marriage. Really they need counseling since she's having such a hard time and then continually making Edward hurt from the digs.
BellaTesoro chapter 14 . 10/22/2020
I'm glad Bella is working on herself to become an independent thinker. Her work with the girls and her goal to go back to college, all show she's not just this spoiled rich girl who married way too young and is settled into a family who seems to hold all the strings to living an independent life. It's very odd they all live with Esme and Carlisle but it goes along with the rest of the 'old world' way of living, i.e. the arranged marriage etc. But as Bella is rightfully trying to better herself, she ought to stop now with the constant demeaning of Edward. One minute she thinks he's so hot and enjoys the teens checking her husband out and then she's roasting him for cheating on their marriage when really they never really had a 'real' marriage. So she can't have it both ways, enough already, either make peace with the hurt, work on the marriage or get out and find your own way and leave the poor man to heal his hurt. I think it's rather abusive on her part to keep giving him mixed messages and she knows how much he's hurting. He's acknowledged his fault and begging her daily to not leave him...it's sad really.
BellaTesoro chapter 12 . 10/22/2020
This is my second reading of this story. And oddly enough, it didn't register until I tried to review a chapter and saw I already had! But I'm enjoying the story, apparently, equally as much this time around as the first. So I'm taking the time to review this chapter since I didn't previously. What occurs to me are two things, one is when Emmett and Jasper heard drunken Edward admit he and Bella had never had sex yet and they were shocked by this, and that Edward asked them why they never said anything about the sexual way Tanya was all over him, that he had never realized she was all over him but they had. They noticed that but didn't notice that Bella and Tanya, who they live with don't sleep in the same room and certainly were not flirty with each other? Are they all just so clueless or don't care enough to notice such things? idk. Edward is rather awkward it sounds after listening to him tell Bella about his past experiences with females and I can see how some would think that Tanya raped him since he said he was drunk. If he were a girl, we'd say she was sexually abused. But he takes ownership of it so there you go. These two really need to go see a counselor because they've been living such an unhealthy life what with her married at 15 and he somehow not knowing and then feeling such guilt he couldn't try and have a healthy relationship with her. It's all oddly interesting.
Guest chapter 33 . 9/14/2020
I think you handled the cheating well. Edward really felt the shame and repented. I don’t feel like that’s shown often enough in these types of stories. Good job with the courtroom scenes too.
4,630 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »