Reviews for Identity Crisis
honoradele chapter 20 . 8/9/2013
Standard Claim: Please, can I have some more?

Thank you for pointing this story out to me, it was really good. I would like to see a sequel or ten. Maybe a Mirror of this story (older Shego is the original and the tubed Shego the clone).

There is an excellent story by Eievine called "Love is a Strange Master" showing several different versions of how Shego and Drakken realize that they are in love. I think that "Identity Crisis" could be the basis for similar treatment, with no need to restrict it to KiGo.
honoradele chapter 15 . 8/7/2013
Wow, you weren't kidding about this being a dark fic! The whole world disappears in chapter fifteen, how are you going to fix it now?
honoradele chapter 7 . 8/7/2013
Thank you for the recommendation! I'm loving it so far.
A Markov chapter 5 . 6/18/2012
How is it that they have an empty plate of cookies between them. If it has cookies, it isn't empty and if it's empty it can't be a plate of cookies.

And with that little mystery taken care of, I'm off to clap with one hand and record it for posterity.
Blood Seraph chapter 20 . 4/27/2012
This was a really good story! It's completed now, so not much to say besides I enjoyed the premise, and although it seemed to move fast, it as a nice fic. But, I have to point out something funny I noticed. Kim never said I love you to Shego, lol. I mean, I think we get the pic and the vibe, but just something humorous I wanted to point out.
TempestDash chapter 20 . 8/9/2011
This was astonishingly good! I say 'astonishing' not because I expect less of you KiY, but because the premise didn't speak out to me at first and I wasn't expecting much. You turned this around on me though and I was hooked around chapter 4 and giddily rode out the ride to the end.

That was the surprise at the concept, I was also surprised by the developments several times, from the way each Shego went a different direction, and approached their romantic interests in different ways, and yet eventually found commonality beyond their shared genetic features... excellent all around.

There are a few comments I have, of course, because I can't look upon majesty without commenting on the crown. Younger Shego isn't nearly as developed as deeply as the older one, which is further accentuated by her absence in the second half of the tale. Her romance is less grounded than older Shego's is, not that either are not believable, but I feel we see so little of the younger Shego's development that we have no choice but to take it face value. Given the disparate attitudes the two Shegos have, I would have preferred more attention brought to HOW they found their common ground, not just the fact that they eventually do.

I felt like the story was a little too quick to advance time forward with little warning. Unless scene transitions were stripped away, sometimes the change was so abrupt I had to go back and re-read just to figure out when we moved. I think it was specifically jarring during the implied sex scenes, where one sentence was a buildup and the next sentence talked about the afterglow.

It also feels like questions were raised and forgotten, specifically those by Bonnie and Monique, who are featured for color commentary but aren't circled back on for any resolution. They are well drawn, however, and I enjoyed their scenes, especially Bonnie's rapid realization that Shego and Kim are together, and I wish they had a slightly more persistent role, and some greater resolution offered regarding Monique being in the dark.

Questions with Mr. Dr. Possible aren't satisfactorily resolved in my opinion especially given how Anne talks up the trouble of explaining it all to James. In fact, this was a fairly persistent criticism I had: a number of events were given rising action only to have a climax off-screen or in an unsatisfactory way and then have their falling action removed and the denouement glossed over. I sense this was done to give the story a breezy feel or to simulate 'slice of life' storytelling, but it happened too frequently for my tastes and became frustrating. I may be alone in this feeling, though, so take my comment with a grain of salt.

Overall, I'm very impressed and surprised. I thought I had gotten bored of KiGo stories but you changed my mind.

Thanks again!
Thomas Linquist chapter 20 . 12/18/2010
Just finally gor around to this one.

I think I like this idea ALMOST as much as the Best Enemies Universe. The really interesting thing is Shego has to really think about her identity for a while. Not to mention that streak of larceny hiding just under the uniform of a G.J. agent.

Kim's confusion about her own feelings was well played out too. I somehow felt that was something a lot of Kigo stories never really seamed to deal with. It was hilarious to read the shouting matches between her concious, subconcious and id. I think we all have those going on in our heads, if only we listened to them.

I wonder what would have happened if they hadn't been able to stablize the elder Shego. The original seemed to fixate on Ron quick enough.
Alexander - Godslayer chapter 20 . 12/5/2010
Well, this one feels a little hard for me to write about, mostly because I have rather mixed feelings about it, but it’s not like this review is just gonna write itself, so I better get to work on it already.

I think I better get down the stuff with the grammar, writing style and all that stuff that usually composes the boring part of the review before starting to comment on the story. I remember how you mentioned that this story was writing over around two years, and you know, I kinda feel it has made me notice some of the progress in your style of writing over the time. Well, frankly, the only thing I can somewhat accurately testify is that the earlier half of the fic seemed to suffer plenty of “Talking heads” scenario (you remember what that is, right?), but not so much on a second half.

And on a related note, was it intentional to never address which Shego narration was referring to when both were together in one scene? It was kinda confusing more often than not, but for some reason I can’t pinpoint, it did feel like it was intentional.

Those elements aside, narration is just fine around the whole story. Some things felt slightly off during the final arc where Kim and Shego were confronting WEE, but it worked out in the end, I suppose.

Anyway, now focusing on the story… before making any mentions of what I liked or not, there’s one particular critic I feel ought to point out and is that almost every plot point felt handled too easy and with explanations being mostly just hand-waved. Such as the younger Shego ending up living with Kim, or the resolution of the cloned Shego starting to die, but miraculously getting better after drinking a high dose of the antidote. Nothing lacked a reason per se, but it was like everything was handled as “just as that” without any consequences that could interrupt the flow of the story… Then again, just putting it like that, I can see the reason. It’s just that the story keeps feeling cheap at certain points.

Now, in regards of what the story focuses on, well, let’s see…

To make things clear. I DID like it. I liked the character you made out of the younger Shego, I liked Kim’s development into accepting life’s changes and I liked the KiGo in this story as well. I also particularly liked how you handled the friendship between Ron and Kim in this one. All in all, the whole story was really good.

It’s just that… I’m kinda bugged by multiple factors. I know I shouldn’t hold a story because of my expectations, but I can’t help but to feel there was a lot of missed potential for this story, specially for chances for something DIFFERENT.

Like I said, the KiGo romance was pretty good, but at the same time, it’s the same type of romance seen in any other KiGo Story. And since we have an alternative Shego in this story, why miss the opportunity for a new taste of KiGo? Would it just… not work?

There’s also the curious aspect that the fic follows Kim/Shego(older) and Ron/Shego(younger), the same pairings Eoraptor’s fic based on the same challenge seems to be hinting towards to (He apparently claims the story’s plot won’t be affected by any pairings, but I don’t know if I should believe him), hence more to my disappointment in expecting something different.

And then there’s this really curious thing. The younger Shego is pretty much the trigger and focus of the story… for the first half only, after which she’s borderline forgotten save for some mentions and appearing around the ending chapter. That’s just… weird. I mean, she’s arguably the High Selling Point here and she gets written off just like that? U

But anyway, like I said, the story on itself is really great and very well written. And before I forget to mention, it has a much better action finalizing arc than, say, “When You're Making Other Plans” because this one came with foreshadowing instead of feeling brought of nearly nowhere. And on another note, I found Kim’s inner duels of consciousness, sub-consciousness and id to be quite funny.

Think there’ll be more of this universe? I’m not a particular fan of Rongo, but it’d be interesting just for the sake of seeing more of the younger Shego. And on the same page, got any idea when you’ll be publishing anything new?

And sorry for the numerous questions, but now I’ve grown curious. Did any other reviewer mentioned some expectations on Kim/Shego(younger) like I did? U

Oh, well. Can’t say I didn’t enjoy the story anyway. And now to look forth to what to write next. Now that’s always the hard question. Any recommendations in the KiGo fandom? Since you put so little in your favorites… U

AHEM! Anyway, I think I said enough. Emphasis on think. Feel free to ask if you feel I forgot to mention something important (don’t know why, but I get the feeling that I did). So, ‘til next fic and review, I guess! _

Yours, “Out for Innovation” Alexander/Alexlayer.

Nice reading from you again!
Daryl chapter 20 . 12/2/2010
my favorite parts of this story and chapter was the banter between kim and shego. definitely couldn't get enough of that. i couldn't believe shego's line of 'shouldn't you get cured or something' if i ever meet somebody who thinks like that i won't even know what to say. it was so funny how both shegos got caught by kim in the restaurant. i thought they were supposed to be stealthy. lol. i like where that last scene was going very much.
Alex chapter 20 . 11/30/2010
I have to say that I think this is one of your best non-BE stories. I really like the way you developed the characters and the way Kim seemed to lag behind everyone else emotionally.

There were some great comedic moments and some great emotional moments as well. When I log into my own computer, this is going into my favorites.

Desslock3 chapter 20 . 11/28/2010
All in all an enjoyable fic to read with a differant take on setting up a Kigo. However, through out the fic there were a couple of flaws that prvented it from being your best work. The first was the confusion caused when ever a scene included both older and younger Shego and how everyone simply refered to them both as Shego. Perhaps if one of them had a nickname they used that would have helped prevent any confusion on the readers part. But since there were relatively few times this occured it wasn't a major issue. The second, and personal I feel most important, was the lack of secondary character development. Yes I know this story is a Kigo and centers around those two. But one of your strengths as an author is your ability to build up secondary characters, much like for example, how you really developed Shego's family in your Best Enemies universe. Perhaps you could do that some day where you revisit this story and fleash out Ron and younger Shego's relationship, or Flex and Bonnie's relationship, or go in to more detail about Shego's family.

Again, this was a good fic to read, but it just didn't seem to be up to your usual standards.
noncynic chapter 20 . 11/28/2010
Good wrap-up. No loose ends. Makes me feel jealous, heh.
Mr. Wizard chapter 20 . 11/28/2010
Another conclusion that puts your ability to bring things together on brilliant display. All sorts of situations handled deftly and with the right amount of humor. Wonder what young Shego would say if she learned that Kim had chipped Ron. What would old Shego say?
Feudor chapter 20 . 11/28/2010
Oh, no! It's finished! And I wanted to read more!

Nice story and with a rather special feel to the writing. Probably a combination of the swift skimming over quite a long time-span, and the sometimes very sparsely worded situations, where you have to really concentrate to understand who is speaking in what situation...

Invader Johnny chapter 20 . 11/27/2010
Heh, young Shego may have acted disgusted towards her older's self sexual preferenc but I THINK sh may get over it, Also her jealousy is her greatest weakness isn't it?

Invader Johnny Signing Off.