Reviews for Behind the Mask
NZ chapter 51 . 10/18
Part 2.
Well, I may be suppose to replace “interesting” with “related” in the sentence that ” searching interesting historical knowledge”. The latter looks better, right?

It seems that above-mentioned thoughts are just so long haha, anyway, my point is even though my love for Alfred is strong enough to usually divert my attention on the other characters, your charming nations still caught my eye successfully .( In addition to the UK family , I also love the others like Canada, France, your female India , etc .) And it is obviously that you have great writing skills in shaping your own character. I hope you’ll take this version to enjoy your own writings during the personal reviews.

Then I want to talk about this story, the following are the chapters or details that I specially love.:

** Several nations took care of littile England:Japan and Canada in particular, and it’s so “Matthew” for Canada to perceive England’s fear and keep him company instead.:DDD

** Intersections among nations are quite gossipaholic but cooperative, and it looks similar to humans actually , right? Those representations make them more interesting and approachable.

** In the chapter31&32 , little England was rescued by America, who had boosted his spirit and nation-hopped to Norway , tried his best to pull England up from a cliff and brought him safely home.:I felt so excited during reading those chapters, America is just England’s personal HERO!(heart heart heart)

** In the chapter33, Canada bumped his forehead against America’s, in order to stop America in his struggles.:The reason why Matthew did this conduct is soooo cute! North America brothers are really sweet…Himaruya san drew them a lot recently in the new chapters, and it makes me feel the joy of life. (haha...

** Every time America tried to comfort or encourage depressed England, my heart felt so warm … and it makes me consider this hero boy to be made of sunshine, sweet oranges, and every things nice (like the powerpuff girls, HAHAHA XD). He was born to shin himesef and tell England he loves him so much , Indeed.

** The adventures of finding out the real identity of the dark voice are extremely exciting and interesting, and the subject matter makes my eyes open.:In general, the supernatural beings( whether of Japan or British Isles) written in Japanese works are gentle and harmless. And elusive feelings are found relatively easier in your writtings, which make me consider them local-style ones.

** Scottland’s and Ireland’s concerns for families are very visible, and that make me consider them good brothers, though Ireland is a bit difficult do wish. (Both of them are my favorite among England’s brothers. )

**The honest conversations between England and the other nation(such as America, Northern Ireland, Denmark, etc. ) are also my favourite plots. The healing process is gradual , warm and touching. I really like it.

And so on. (tbc.)
NZ chapter 51 . 10/17
(If I spelled the words wrong , or there are some syntax errors , please bear with meDDD I'm not good at English haha...)

HERE is your new reader ))), It’s so lucky for me that being your review of 1500 hits! And it is such a special number that I think I should try my best to convey my impressions about《Behind the Mask》in order to give you some “feedback”(Is it a correct using? ).
I’m a Taiwanese , about seven years ago , I had been obsessed with APH and USxUK , but turned to other animations after part of time . Though , I regained passion in those lovely countries recently , and even went to read English fan-fic works further . I searcned other USUK fans’ recommendation , and your《Behind the Mask》became my first reading experience of English fan-fic works! Although it was difficult for me to resume the habit of reading works in English ( I major in Chinese, the subject which keeps away from English P ), your writing of fantastic world is so
amazing and fascinate that it makes me immersed in colorful pictures in my mind. I’m so glad to find the wonderful English fan-fic works in the beginningDDD, and this should be attributed to your efforts at writing concretely, searching interesting historical knowledge, and adding cultural perspectives to your chapters, and so on. Those attempts had successfully increased charm of this story.
After the prologue, I think I should let you know that I am a big fan of Alfred XD(heart). So , usually I tend to focus on this hero boy during my reading. However, the UK family ,which are written by you, are so attractive and cute Scotland , Ireland, Northen Ireland ,Wales, Cornwall or the others, their figures are vivid and having clear character. And, in my feelings, you depicted their stubborn and caring for brothers in particular, and it makes a great resemblance to England. How lovable they are! Due to their charms, I still enjoyed the chapters ,which have absence of America. According to my impression of APH fan-fic works in Chinese , the UK families are seldom seem to show in the stories, I guess it’s may be related with our lack of knowledge about culture of the United Kingdom. And I’m so glad to have a chance to read your fan-fic story, get a foot in the door to know the history and Fairy-faith culture of the UK and Ireland. Some of these supernatural beings are hardly heard in Asia, even if they are so fascinating. (tbc. Sorry I have to transelate the rest later))) It really takes me some time to handle. Wow!)
HellMinion88 chapter 51 . 9/18
well... dark, but in a good way. Maybe consider patching things up between them later with a flashback to the Normandy invasions or something? Couple of REALLY awkward jokes to be had there no doubt :D
Dayten Anderson chapter 8 . 9/16
Ok. So in my real life i have had my best friend commit suicide. This was exactly how I reacted, Just like America I was absolutely pissed that my friend shot himself but i was mostly blaming myself for seeing the signs and not knowing what they were. I noticed he was secluding himself but I couldn't for the life of me tell why but i wished i had noticed because i only have a few friends but they are the best of friends.
Night-Blooming Cereus chapter 31 . 8/23
The puns are real. Usa-chan scaring USA-chan.
Polly Little chapter 45 . 8/12
Your headcanon makes sense. It reminds me a bit of The Iron Fey series with the fading part, you might be interested in that.
Polly Little chapter 43 . 8/11
Is the Dark Voice a Barrow Wight?
*Shamelessly using Lord of the Rings as an appropriate source of information*
I liked Pakistan. He seemed fun.
Oh, a few reviews ago I mentioned The Harrowing of the North. Turns out that was William's revenge on the north of England (York in particular) for helping the Scots attempt to put someone else on the throne. So Scotland was involved, just not harrowed (which is ah actual word).
Polly Little chapter 42 . 8/11
No! That's just not right! Ireland has a bigger history than just "England's bullying me"! As an Ireland OC, those characters have a responsibility to uphold that history, and crying their eyes out just won't do. If you RP, it is your duty to look up your country, even if it's just a quick skim through Wikipedia. There is no excuse for the blatant disrespect of portraying a country that way, however much you enjoy it. Political satire is done the exact same way - making an opponent look weak - and it's incredibly offensive, both to the current Irish people and their ancestors.
Right, glad I got that out of the way. Anyways...
As an English person, I can confirm its the same situation down here with the joggers. As long as you're wearing underwear, no one complains - in fact, that's not necessary either. In my nearest city, every year there's s completely naked bike race, in May. They must be freezing!
I think the Dark Voice must be something that's come around the British Isles - Cornwall probably had it the most recently, but the way Scotland was acting earlier makes me wonder.
Polly Little chapter 40 . 8/9
I like your theory. I can't help but wonder what happened to the new Dàl Riata?
Polly Little chapter 39 . 8/9
That would be so cool! I'd love to read it!
Questions... I'm not really food at coming up with those.
Favourite music?
Polly Little chapter 38 . 8/9
Ireland: not the character they wanted, but the one they needed. Does he do that to your dreams a lot?
Polly Little chapter 34 . 8/7
I agree with all of it, except for one thing. The Personification of Devon HAS to be able to cook well - have you tried Devonshire fudge? It's amazing.
Polly Little chapter 27 . 8/6
It sounds a bit like A Christmas Carol - Marley is tangled up in the valuables he took from others, England is trapped in roses.
Oh my goodness, they're going to shoot him!
Your school sounds awesome. My school didn't do much last year aside from the expected bra on the flagpole, although they put a sign saying "The Chamber of Secrets has been opened, enemies of the Heir beware" on the Headmistress' door. Oh yeah, and one girl dressed up as a bunch of grapes. The grapes were made of balloons, so she tripled in width, it was funny watching her go through doorways.
Of course France wouldn't do that! Some people see England living with him while the Normans were in control, did anything happen then? If that's not enough, how does Canada treat him? Or Seychelles? Neither of them behave as if he's assaulted them, and they lived with him for years.
1,501 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »